Match Thread ⚽️ Swansea City vs Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 7th Apr (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

inclined to agree but in Howleys defence he got on ahead of Maguire last game.

Howley gets into some good positions in the pocket to be fair to him, would be more inclined to use him over Maguire who is not going to be here next season.

Londonccfcfan

Thinking about it...they are going to have alot of the ball as per their game best in league at that.

We will have to do alot of chasing so not sure Howley will last long chasing shadows.

Legia Sky Blue

What we need to do and failed to do after going 3 up in the home game is have a high defensive line and compress the space they have to play their passing game. There are obviously inherent risks in that, should one of their forwards be pacy enough to break behind our defensive line, but defending deep and allowing them lots of space as we did earlier in the season is a sure way of getting beat by them.

Matt smith

We’ll bounce back Friday

about time we beat swansea and I think this game will suit vik on the counter

AOM

Usually struggle away at Swansea, but think we'll get a reaction after Saturday.
2-1 win to get us back into the play off contentions, but will probably fall short in some of the following few games

Paxman II

The play off's are in front of us. Once again orthers around us are playing each other, so a second bite at the cherry here. let's not mess it up this time. Tougher fixture away but then we always seem to do well in those scenarios. If we are true to our recent form before Stoke and get our heads sorted we should finally win at Swansea who have had sesaw results all season.

skybluejane

Allen was kept back at the end of today’s training session to do 10 minutes shooting practice on his own with Adi. Looks as if he may feature on Friday.

Matt smith

Anyone else think Matty godden needs to depart in the summer?

honestly would have Walker over him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday

fed up of his anonymous performances for 12 months

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Burroughs Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Hamer Allen*
Gyok

Moore, Panzo/Rose, JWE, BNC, Howley/Maguire*, Godden, Walker

Never confident going to play Swansea - we always seem to play into their hands. 2-1 Swansea.

Offhegoes

Or the fact his finishing is shite

Do need him though
Still can’t believe we’re not giving Rus a spot on the bench, after all he’s a No10. Give him a little game time. If he’s not up to it then fair enough. He’s 20, so should be knocking on the door. Instead we’re trying Howley or McGuire there which is not their natural positions

shmmeee

Still can’t believe we’re not giving Rus a spot on the bench, after all he’s a No10. Give him a little game time. If he’s not up to it then fair enough. He’s 20, so should be knocking on the door. Instead we’re trying Howley or McGuire there which is not their natural positions

Not sure we can if he’s officially on loan can we? I’d have thought U23 games only.

Briles

The utmost respect to anyone traveling to this

SBAndy

Been thinking about this today. If we go with a midfield of Sheaf/Hamer/Eccles again then I’d play BNC and JWE at wing back and tell them to get as high as possible. Needs to be an outlet which isn’t ‘lump it to Vik’ whilst we’re playing 2 up top.

pusbccfc

He's not ready and most likely not good enough. This is the championship, not League 2.

rexo87

Stoke are an anomaly. Are currently probably the best side in the league due to some brilliant loans they got in in Jan and finally molded a top quality side together. Swansea are nowhere near that level. Probably a draw

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Stoke are an anomaly. Are currently probably the best side in the league due to some brilliant loans they got in in Jan and finally molded a top quality side together. Swansea are nowhere near that level. Probably a draw

I would say Vincent Kompany’s Burnley comfortably take that still.

TewkesburySkyBlue

One of my friends is a Stokey . When I congratulated him after the result he said yes but they are all loans

no_loyalty

The first goal is key, score first and I’m confident we won’t lose. If we concede first the points will be staying in Wales.

Greggs

I'd go Godden and Walker up top. Gyokores has been poor the last couple of games and after his comments at the fans night it's clear he doesn't want to be here anymore.

ProfessorbyGrace

I'd go Godden and Walker up top. Gyokores has been poor the last couple of games and after his comments at the fans night it's clear he doesn't want to be here anymore.
Good plan, that, Hooty Hooterson. 🦉

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yeah let's drop Gyokores that will increase his value for when he leaves.

blunted

I was beginning to think I knew which Coventry City would turn up, then Saturday happened. The worst performance of the season against a firing Stoke side. Haven't a clue what will happen at Swansea, although I think it will depend on Swansea's performance more than our own. If they are back playing well, we will struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread