Match Thread ⚽️ Sunderland vs Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 31st Jul (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

If this game was in a few weeks I’d say easy win for us, but as they’re at home first game back in the division I’d say either score draw or they nick it. It’ll basically be their cup final.

Offhegoes

They will come out of the blocks fast on Sunday, with the crowd behind them. We'll need to be patient, and let our passing game warm up, and then pick them off. Can see them getting an early goal perhaps, but then we go to town 1-3

Old Warwickshire lad

If this game was in a few weeks I’d say easy win for us, but as they’re at home first game back in the division I’d say either score draw or they nick it. It’ll basically be their cup final.
My thoughts entirely, don’t want promoted teams first half dozen games.

Matamania

I think it will be a very cagey first half. Potentially even going 1 down early on. I do see us finishing the stronger and snatching a late winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

Sunderland (1500P) Vs Coventry City (1497P)

Win (1660P) +163
Draw (1498P) +1
Loss (1336P) -161

Reactions: KAB

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Sunderland (2024P) Vs Coventry City (2023P)

The next time each team will get promoted
Sunderland :
giphy.gif

lordy_87

2-0 comfortable sky blue win. Early goal within 15 mins, and another just before half time.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

1-1 - they’ve got a bit of bounce after being promoted. Need to get over this shitty “rivalry” they’ll be decent at this level - draw will be a good result.

scottccfc

hoping for a good friendly atmosphere and a cov 2-1 win, reckon they will be leading at half time and we will come strong in the second half

Brighton Sky Blue

Not happy about having 2 promoted teams first 2 games when their tales will be up But still thinkwe should have enough to win both games.
Watched the mackems in the play offssemis and final and they wouldn't have lived with our L1 winning team.
I see that differently, it’s a chance to play them before they’ve adjusted to the higher difficulty. Took us quite a while to get into it and we’d been promoted pretty comfortably.

Briles

I think if Neil had gone in sooner they would've probably won the league. Standard was shite last season. Keep Stewart quiet and should be a straightforward win though

Bad Boy

1-1 - they’ve got a bit of bounce after being promoted. Need to get over this shitty “rivalry” they’ll be decent at this level - draw will be a good result.
There's no 'rivalry' HDW, just people who probably weren't even born at that time baiting one another.
It's all so................

Skybluemichael

In all honesty though, anyone thinking we'll walk this is in for shock. If they get the crowd behind them early we'll do well getting anything from the game.
I disagree if we keep them quiet for the first 10 the Sunderland day trippers are gonna start moaning and if we score first it’s gonna get toxic. We will fill are boots and go top of the league

eastwoodsdustman

I fancy a comfortable 2-0 or 3-1 to us. They might well go for it early with a big crowd behind them allowing us to hit them on the break. We just need to keep it tight for the first 15 - 20 minutes and pop their party balloon.

Tommo1993

There’ll be plenty of knuckle dragging mackems reading this thread, I’m sure.

Not worried about the game at all. Easy enough game for us. We’ll be 2 or 3 up come half time and they won’t do anything in the second half to answer it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I must say, you lot are very confident on here.

It's the first game of the season, anything can happen, and I think we are in for a very tough afternoon. We can win, sure, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. I think Sunderland will be decent and with it being the first game after a promotion, and a rival derby for them, with a big home crowd, I cannot see how it is going to be a walk in the park like some people think.

Sky Blue Harry H

3 years of experience in this league for us must be a big boost for us, we know how quick and strong you need to be. I think they’ll be in for a big surprise this season, especially those who think they’re too good/big to be in this league.

We've only been in this league for 2 seasons ? (sorry to be pedantic!)

lifeskyblue

Very difficult opening game with 35k+ roaring them on. Would happily take a point at this moment. First game back at this level and at their ground they will be very hard to beat. Over the season I expect/hope to finish above them (10th to their 17th) but I’m a little anxious about this opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop

Hope we batter them to be fair as I'll be watching it in the pub with my mate who is a Sunderland fan.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread