Match Thread ⚽️ Sheffield United vs Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 26th Dec (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

Quite a few individual performances I’m very frustrated with. Jamie Allen looking like his old competition winning self. For a man of his talent, Gyokeres isn’t anywhere near ruthless enough.

Briles

It’s stupid to say losing o hare isn’t a big blow. He has high energy on and off the ball.

Palmer shows why he’s what he is. Some excellent skill and flicks but walks more in a game than Messi - the opposite to O Hare

defence has been ok - Bidwell is containing his side well but it’s a tough ask for borroughs

he has to give up on Wilson now

Can't remember the last time wilson has had to prove himself with a save. He's got the most clean sheets because of the defence, his kicking is dogshit.

NorthernWisdom

he has to give up on Wilson now
I fear if O'Hare's inured any budget we may or may not have will go on yet another enigmatic attacking midfield player in the hope they catch fire here, whereas I'd be tempted to say we need a new keeper ahead of that or centre back, even if we end up playing the youth team there.

How bad must Billson be if he can't get close to a first team place after three years of Wilson, interspersed with a cameo from Moore who started out OK but who, tbh, hasn't been any better since his first dozen games.

Great_Expectations

Gyokeres constantly has three or four around him, so there has to be space for runners. Issue is the man who would do that is off injured.

Allen has been poor, but nobody playing particular well.

Palmer good on the ball but not enough movement off it.

Needs something different second half. I know it’s always said and he’s some way off it, but Taveres next to Gyokeres for last 20 has to be worth a go.

Evo1883

We are better than what we've just shown .. that's the positive , we have several more gears

fatso

We need someone other than Allen in midfield, he offers absolutely fuck all. Too lightweight too ineffective.

stupot07

A bit leftfield, but with Sheff United dominating the ball we may not want to throw Waggy on too soon, how about Allen off for Dabo or Kane and push Burroughs in midfield. Would give us more physicality.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

A bit leftfield, but with Sheff United dominating the ball we may not want to throw Waggy on too soon, how about Allen off for Dabo or Kane and push Burroughs in midfield. Would give us more physicality.

Dabo’s unfit and Kane is like bread that’s been left out for weeks

clint van damme

Itsabuzzard suggested it a few post back, not a bad call.

larry_david

Wilson may be part of this team not conceding goals but it's not because of Ben Wilson. Replays show how much of a lack of presence he had there to stop the shot.

Keeper is a priority

Allen is having a mare, I've counted 5 times now he's ended up falling over under pressure.

Burroughs keeps supporting vik by bombing forward to get no pass every time. Knowing vik though one of these runs may pay off

steve101

I hope O'Hare injury isn't an ACL. It looked innocuous, which might suggest maybe more of a muscle pull. However it looked very similar to how Arsenal women's Miedema pulled up, which was ACL.

Ashdown

Worries me when people think Waghorn would be a good sub….shows how little in reserve we have. Vik needs help to create space, Tavares has to do that but don’t expect changes soon from MR…..

PVA

Gyokeres is being well marked, often double marked.

Feels like a good opportunity for the wingbacks to get forward a bit more and take advantage of the space.

The Philosopher

Allen is playing really badly.

Allen off. Burroughs (Just met his grandad here) to centre. Dabo LWB.

Allen is out of his depth (not particularly deep that).

shmmeee

Worries me when people think Waghorn would be a good sub….shows how little in reserve we have. Vik needs help to create space, Tavares has to do that but don’t expect changes soon from MR…..

Worries me when people think Tavares would be a good sub TBH.

Sky Blue Harry H

People knocking Wilson (perhaps rightly) but the Sheff Utd player had a team mate square of him, and if Wilson had rushed out early, he would have squared it for a tap in.

CCFCSteve

They’re getting legs in to step the ball from him as he turns. He needs to try leaving the ball behind and win some fouls so we can move the team up the pitch and he isn’t so isolated.
I was thinking more just getting it into space down the channels.

Users who are viewing this thread