Match Thread ⚽️ Reading vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 10th Dec (1 Viewer)

boatang

Wasn't Fadz suspended anyway? Maybe the best time to get crocked.

Sky Blue Harry H

Joao is a quality player, but I'm just as bothered about Andy Carroll, which is why I want as few set pieces as possible conceded, and play a high line.

Torquay Sky Blue

The very fact the match thread is so far down the list the day before the match says it all. Thankfully the players are employees and not fans so not as affected by the off pitch shenanigans as we are.
I think we keep the momentum going with a good win tomorrow

Colin Steins Smile

Being cautious, my concern tomorrow is how our young back three will cope with the physicality of Andy Carroll, along with the marshalling of the back line.....that's where we will miss Fadz. He's a really leader and organiser.

Sky Blue Harry H

Being cautious, my concern tomorrow is how our young back three will cope with the physicality of Andy Carroll, along with the marshalling of the back line.....that's where we will miss Fadz. He's a really leader and organiser.

I had a similar concern, but on the Reading forum, I don't think anybody picked him as a predicted starter, which would cheer me up. On top of their injuries, that Ejaria (who is a tricky player) has been dropped because of disciplinary issues.

AOM

Looks like Fadz will be out for a bit

Will be a big miss. Who have we even got as cover in that position if we lose another CB?
Don't want to see Sheaf or Dabo there again and we don't have much cover at left back if we move Bidwell

rexo87

Will be a big miss. Who have we even got as cover in that position if we lose another CB?
Don't want to see Sheaf or Dabo there again and we don't have much cover at left back if we move Bidwell
I think it would either be Sheaf to CB with Eccles to CDM or Bidwell to CB and Burroughs to LWB. I just do not want to see dabo there again

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: AOM

AOM

I think it would either be Sheaf to CB with Eccles to CDM or Bidwell to CB and Burroughs to LWB. I just do not want to see dabo there again

I guess Sheaf is the most likely, especially if Kelly is back in contention. Would much prefer him be in midfield though!

Squad desperately needs any kind of investment for January

Legia Sky Blue

I think if one of Rose, Doyle and Panzo get injured as well as Fadz that MR might give 4 at the back a go. In a few games earlier in the season when we were chasing games he took Fadz off to play 4 at the back, so I think he just doesn't see it as a viable option if Fadz is in the team.

Hertsccfc

Looks like Fadz will be out for a bit

Really bad news. He was playing so well too just before the World Cup break. It seems we have loaned out the under 21 centre backs too.

I would imagine if one of Rose, Doyle or Panzo gets injured we would move Bidwell into the centre and bring in Burroughs on the left. Seems preferable to moving Sheaf back or playing Dabo there. Can Kane play in the centre of defence? Also think Eccles has on occasions? We need to bring in back up early January.

Matt smith

Squad looks on the whole healthier

Massive blow with fadz need a replacement early

bidwell to left CB would be the best bet

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To be honest, I don't really want to see Dabo in there anywhere. It sounds harsh and I don't want to be mean, cause I have a lot of time for him, but I genuinely think we are better without him in there as things stands these days.

shmmeee

To be honest, I don't really want to see Dabo in there anywhere. It sounds harsh and I don't want to be mean, cause I have a lot of time for him, but I genuinely think we are better without him in there as things stands these days.

Yeah for all Eccles faults, I actually like him in the final third more. He’s not as exciting but his pass selection tends to be good. Is still like a new RWB in Jan, but I’m less bothered about Dabo being out now than I was initially.

clint van damme

Got zero enthusiasm for tomorrow. Thought I'd be chomping at the bit after the break.
Anyone else feel the same?
Maybe another round of off field antics has drained me. I'm sure I'll be OK once we're down there and I've had a bevvy.

shmmeee

Got zero enthusiasm for tomorrow. Thought I'd be chomping at the bit after the break.
Maybe another round of off field antics has drained me. I'm sure I'll be OK once we're down there and I've had a bevvy.

I’m more up for it than the England game. Not bothered about the off field stuff, it’s mostly noise. Robins words about Vik today give me hope of a decent window. Just hope we carry on how we left off.

Offhegoes

Absolutely not Sheaf to centre back please. He make us tick in the middle of the park, wasted at the back. Bidwell did fine at CB end of last season, and Burroughs looks more than capable to play LWB based on that Watford game.

AOM

Yeah actually feel the same tbh. Team and fans were starting to get on a roll and then we've had a sudden mid-season interruption along with all the off field stuff thrown in.

Probably need one home game to get back in the swing of things

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just feel strange that we are playing again. It doesn't really feel real. With the World Cup as well.

I think as soon as it kicks off, and like you say, we've had a beer, it'll be really exciting. It's an epic day of sports really.

letsallsingtogether

Bit worried that our good run has been stopped for the WC but hope it has regenerated the players that were starting to look tired.
Hopefully we carry on where we finished.

SIR ERNIE

'Home' game for me, just 25mins to Reading. Taking a Watford fan and a Harlequins fan, both honorary SkyBlues for the day.

slowpoke

I’m sure it will be a Doyle, Rose, Panzo back three. Theres now options in midfield with Kelly being fit again but I think it will be the same four who started the Wigan game. Pain in the arse McFadz being missing more for his influence but I’m sure we’ll cope as long Michael Rose stays fit.

Johhny Blue

'Home' game for me, just 25mins to Reading. Taking a Watford fan and a Harlequins fan, both honorary SkyBlues for the day.
Tell your Watford buddy that they just picked up a player with great potential. Ismael Kone was turned away time after time after trials at all levels but persevered to become a fringe player at the World Cup.

Briles

So would we rather England win or Cov today?

Users who are viewing this thread