Match Thread ⚽️ Queens Park Rangers vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 15th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Queens Park Rangers vs Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

SkyBlueSoul

Tbf just had a look at the other fixtures and if we don't give QPR a 2 goal head start it could be a decent day for us.

Millwall v Preston - Draw please
Stoke v WBA - Stoke win not unlikely
Watford v Bristol C - Bristol just held Boro and beat Stoke, Watford have been shit
Blackburn v Hull - Blackburn no win in 4, Hull unbeaten in 4 and just beat Millwall

Grendel

Tbf just had a look at the other fixtures and if we don't give QPR a 2 goal head start it could be a decent day for us.

Watford v Bristol C - Bristol just held Boro and beat Stoke, Watford have been shit
Blackburn v Hull - Blackburn no win in 4, Hull unbeaten in 4 and just beat Millwall

mentioning Watford and not Sunderland?

fernandopartridge

Looking forward to this, hopefully our recent record against Gareth Ainsworth's team continues at his new club.

Not sure what the atmosphere will be like, would normally expect it to be buzzing with 3k going but expectation brings tension.

edgy

Looking forward to this, hopefully our recent record against Gareth Ainsworth's team continues at his new club.

Not sure what the atmosphere will be like, would normally expect it to be buzzing with 3k going but expectation brings tension.

All about how we start. The last 2 home games we've conceded early and it kills any atmosphere until something happens to wake us up.

We set a good tempo and start well, the away end will be bouncing again.

SkyBlueSoul

mentioning Watford and not Sunderland?
OMG WHY ARE PEOPLE SO OBSESSED WITH SUNDERLAND.

Excellent point though, completely forgot about them. Home to Brum, both unbeaten in 4, table suggests a home win but not a given, Blues have beaten Blackburn recently.

AOM

QPR have been in shocking form recently, but think this game is going to be a lot closer than we'd expect.
I imagine an unchanged team barring any injuries

1-1

Legia Sky Blue

Their comeback against West Brom will have lifted them, and with some of their injured players returning this could be tougher than if we had played them a couple of weeks ago. Ainsworth's post match comments after their game yesterday were certainly bullish, saying they will win their next game!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

OMG WHY ARE PEOPLE SO OBSESSED WITH SUNDERLAND.

Excellent point though, completely forgot about them. Home to Brum, both unbeaten in 4, table suggests a home win but not a given, Blues have beaten Blackburn recently.

He's obsessed about everything.

Offhegoes

Worry about JWE defensively, but he looks great going forward. Tough call for Robins with Bidwell on the bench. However, almost certain it will be an unchanged team. Aren't they waiting on a scan for Allen? If it's just heavy bruising he might be in contention. I presume Palmer is out but Robins alluded to the fact he would be close by the end of the season. Be great if he could come back by the end of April

Julie SBA

I'm nervous about this one
draw at West Brom was a decent result and they by the law of averages must be due a win, It would be so Cov to end someones crap run

First goal will be massive, if we get it we will win and our momentum will build for Blackburn!

Paxman II

We win this all day long. Vik is due a couple of goals. His frustration yesterday was evident. The players faces yesterday at the end was one of disappointment after we were denied a win with a stonewall penalty. They have played back into form that 2nd half period and know exactly what we must do to get a playoff berth. Others are stumbling just like us, so whoever corrects the nerves first makes the playoffs. Beat QPR & Blackburn and we could be starring at a Wembley visit with a golden ticket. And yes it really is that close. Do you need anymore motivation?

steve cooper

I think Watford have too much to do now and they seem fragile if they go a goal down.
I think if any team can gatecrash the current top 6, it's now between 7th to 11th place, and I only include West Brom because they have played a game less.

slowpoke

Sounds like Ainsworth is in line for the sack already & and Paul Ince has just been sacked, footballs gone mad.

Offhegoes

I'd be tempted to play 4-4-2

Wilson
Eccles / McNally / Doyle / Bidwell
Norton Cuffy / Sheaf / Hamer / Wilson Esbrand
Godden / Vik

This will allow Cuffy and Esbrand to concentrate on going forward, and it might help the Godden & Vik partnership to blossom.

baldy

Wilson
Godden / Vik

This will allow Cuffy and Esbrand to concentrate on going forward, and it might help the Godden & Vik partnership to blossom.

No Fadz?

fernandopartridge

Wilson
Godden / Vik

Why would 4-4-2 help the 'partnership' any more than the current formation?

robbiethemole

Michael Salisbury, of BHA fame, is the ref for this one. Makes a shit decision, gets demoted and we end up with the piece of shit! Perhaps he should have been given a couple of weeks off totally instead of put into the EFL

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Michael Salisbury, of BHA fame, is the ref for this one. Makes a shit decision, gets demoted and we end up with the piece of shit! Perhaps he should have been given a couple of weeks off totally instead of put into the EFL

We have enough of shit refs in the EFL, we don't want a shit Premier League ref.

pusbccfc

We also dodged one with Marty James who’s been hampered by injuries at Bristol City. Worrying thing is we pushed hard to land both.

And Liam Walsh. Despite how good he was last week.

Users who are viewing this thread