Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Watford Match Thread - Monday 10th Apr (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Watford been far the best team so far. They have so much time and space. Sheaf has been out best player so far.

It's so hard when your playing with 9 men, Godden and BNC offering nothing. Add that to woeful defending, Gyokeres having a mare then it's only going to end one way.

We may as well make a few changes and just go for it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ashdown

This isn’t the fault of the coach or the tactics today. This is as a result of a glut of injuries to key players and a team now relying on trying out a bunch of other clubs kids. Wilson Esbrand has been good going forward and Hamer has been everywhere but other than that too many passengers.

Marty

I think losing both Palmer and O’Hare has been worse

This just proves how bad our January was, we replaced O'Hare with Maguire, who can't even be bothered to get himself fit and is nowhere near this starting 11 when everyone is fit. Whoever made the decision to sign BNC, JWE and Maguire needs to really be looking for work elsewhere.

Grendel

no, your sad online persona who pretends to like women's football is his sidekick, that's not love fella

Most on here don’t rate him Dave go and have a lie down

ms639

I’m nowhere near Bidwell’s biggest fan, ultimately I don’t think he’s what we need but JWE is shocking, I’d also be playing Burroughs over BNC, neither of the current ‘wing backs’ on the pitch are at the level we need to be competing for a top 6 finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Defensively atrocious. Incredible that we have 18 clean sheets when we look so open at the back. We are lacking central midfielders but two up top just isn't working for us. A few players look drained - Gyokeres, Eccles, McFadzean and Norton-Cuffy. Wilson-Esbrand has given the ball away too often but at least he looks lively. Sheaf our best player at the moment. Need Dabo on for Norton-Cuffy half-time.

What has Sheaf done to be our best player?

He dilly dallied around their player for the second goal following the throw in, he lost his man for their chance that should have been two nil originally, he is hiding in between Watford players constantly, and whenever he gets the ball he is passing it (most of the time) to the nearest player 3 yards away.

If that's the standard then we're fucked.

stupot07

Agree with this, full backs are very important to how we play and JWE & BNC are league 1 standard at best, not sure how we got this so wrong
Add to that, we play with 2 attacking midfielders in a box and already had O'Hare out meaning just Palmer and Allen and we didn't bring anyone in for this position.

People will point to Maguire but looking at his career he's played virtually his whole career as a striker not a number 10 /attacking midfielder, and the odd time he's played a little deeper is been as a wide man in a 3.

stupot07

What has Sheaf done to be our best player?

He dilly dallied around their player for the second goal following the throw in, he lost his man for their chance that should have been two nil originally, he is hiding in between Watford players constantly, and whenever he gets the ball he is passing it (most of the time) to the nearest player 3 yards away.

If that's the standard then we're fucked.
He really isn't. He's the only midfielder looking for progressive passes and to move us forward.

Yes that is the standard which is why we have been outplayed and are 2-0 down at half time.

slowpoke

Defensively atrocious. Incredible that we have 18 clean sheets when we look so open at the back. We are lacking central midfielders but two up top just isn't working for us. A few players look drained - Gyokeres, Eccles, McFadzean and Norton-Cuffy. Wilson-Esbrand has given the ball away too often but at least he looks lively. Sheaf our best player at the moment. Need Dabo on for Norton-Cuffy half-time.
You are correct re our defence, come the summer whatever league we are in major work needed from Robins in that department not sure apart from Wilson any are good enough, for the second home game in a row McFadz looks his age and McNally and Doyle look inexperienced & vulnerable and both wing backs simply not good enough when under pressure. Although we have been okay on the ball again but for Wilson we could be more goals down.

steve101

Esbrand is an absolute liability. At fault for both of those goals...
The first one I don't think he can blamed for, losing the ball in their third with enough players around. If we want attacking wingbacks, then they are going to lose the ball in those areas occasionally. The second goal he let him run inside far too easily. He's done very similar against Stoke.

Grendel

cb's are playing shite
midfield on the whole non existant
forwards worse
but it's the lwb's fault for everything

same weirdos who booed leon best probably

So now we are all racist - your are self combusting

LilleSkyBlue

Has anyone found a stream for us foreign losers? I've been mining away online all first half but haven't come up with anything decent.

I'd appreciate it a lot.

Johnnythespider

4 loan players at the back needs to be addressed for next season, neither wingback can defend. We need a miracle to turn this game round

pusbccfc

Will be a serious exodus from this place in 20 minutes.

Ashdown

Wilson Esbrand has obviously been given a mandate to try and get forward and provide something for the strikers. He can’t be everywhere, the defence is so static and slow to cover. The SKY commentators think he’s the main threat and they are correct.

pipkin73

Has anyone found a stream for us foreign losers? I've been mining away online all first half but haven't come up with anything decent.

I'd appreciate it a lot.

Nick

Administrator
Wilson Esbrand has obviously been given a mandate to try and get forward and provide something for the strikers. He can’t be everywhere, the defence is so static and slow to cover. The SKY commentators think he’s the main threat and they are correct.
We have no movement up front that's the issue

Esoterica

All 3 of our attacking midfielders are injured and our only only creativity comes from either hoping Hamer does something magic when he drives forward with the ball or letting Gyokeres try and beat 5 players and score. We have a lot of lower end Championship level players with 2 or 3 tired looking stars. As soon as the they don't deliver we're in trouble in games.

We signed 3 players in January, 2 worse than our existing players in those positions and the 3rd who can't get on the pitch even when we're struggling to get the ball from the midfield to our strikers.

Our season is petering out because of our small squad and the average quality within it not being enough to cover injuries to key players. The summer rebuild can't come fast enough.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He really isn't. He's the only midfielder looking for progressive passes and to move us forward.

Yes that is the standard which is why we have been outplayed and are 2-0 down at half time.

He's gone forward two or three times, one of which of those was a panicked shot which ended up in the crowd. Normally he breaks up play quite well and that's his best asset, but he has barely looked like wanting to make a tackle today (look at the build up for their second goal). If you watch the first thirty minutes back, he could have sat on the centre circle with a picnic blanket for about 29 minutes of that.

I know he is a darling to many on here, but he's been fucking terrible and no better than Eccles so far.

Great_Expectations

So we start the second half with 9 men again. Fantastic.

Issue with JWE he does offer an outlet, bring Bidwell on and it removes that - at 2 down with 45 mins to save our season we need attacking players. On the other side, no idea how BNC is still on (or how he represents England for that matter!!).

MR must absolutely hate Walker.

Users who are viewing this thread