Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

I've been very clear that I feel some put down black players on this forum. I have no doubt kane got plaudits because ppl wanted to put dabo down.

I don't give a fuck if I have no proof and I don't care who denies it. It's my opinion and I have posted it in the past.
I believe the days of people having a go at players because of colour is long gone.
And opinion or not you are wrong.

mark82

He's normally pretty spot on but he's lost the plot there.

I'm really not sure what game some of these Sunderland fans watched today. He let a lot go, and was frustrating early on particularly against us, but I'm not sure he got any of the big decisions wrong today.

ccfc922

The pen that they hand balled before throwing themselves to the ground?

I know they're "not a rival" but I fucking hate these cunts. Hope we wipe the floor with them 2nd half, they're shite.

Didn't wipe the floor, but hahahahahahhahaha fuck you ya Mackem wankers, 4 points, enjoy crying tomorrow watching Newcastle win some silverware 🤣🤣🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm really not sure what game some of these Sunderland fans watched today. He let a lot go, and was frustrating early on particularly against us, but I'm not sure he got any of the big decisions wrong today.

I was surprised he didn’t penalise McNally’s second challenge-and the player was too. But besides that I don’t get the complaints

slowpoke

Bit of a strange ref. the first 10/15 minutes he seemed to be giving Sunderland everything and us very little then he seemed to change and did the opposite, but overall I’ve seen worse.

Hobo

I just don’t get how people hate Jamie Allen, every time a Sunderland player was on the ball today he was all over them like a rash

His press is sublime and he works for the badge - can’t understand how much stick he gets

It is probably the same people who think Palmer is lazy, Sheaf is too slow on the ball, Bidwell offers nothing going forward, Dabo is dynamic, we should play two up front when our best results come whem we play one up front and the only formation they undersyamd is 4-4-2. Panzo is better than Doyle despite the fact Doyle has been utilised on left and right of centre and in Centre of defence amd offers fsr more versatility. Some trying to blame Wilson for goal today was hilarious.

skyblu3sk

Really pleased with the bite and aggression the team showed today. Good team performance with Fads and Gus solid games. Thought Palmer was decent first half. Norton Cuffy was our weak link today I think but improved as the game went on.

Vik missed two great chances first half although he pretty much created them himself. Sunderland were good on the ball but rarely did anything worthwhile with it. I thought the lad on the right wing with black hair was very good. Diallo was quiet but showed glimpses. I thought we deserved the win even with low possession. Wilson hardly had anything to do.
3 great wins on the bounce. Let’s break the Preston hoodoo Tuesday and you never know!
I was really pleased that other fans were accusing us of bullying them for a change!

pusbccfc

Neither.

The claim for a foul for our first goal is laughable. Won the ball.

Kieranp96

Kind off hilarious how Sunderland fans think red was against them, I don’t think gyokores got a single foul, yet had his shirt ripped off twice, and elbowed in the back of the head, on top of that palmer got booked for a clean tackle, if the ref got anything wrong it would have been the McNally penalty shout in the first half and not because I think it’s handball but because by the law of the game it is handball.

clint van damme

Kind off hilarious how Sunderland fans think red was against them, I don’t think gyokores got a single foul, yet had his shirt ripped off twice, and elbowed in the back of the head, on top of that palmer got booked for a clean tackle, if the ref got anything wrong it would have been the McNally penalty shout in the first half and not because I think it’s handball but because by the law of the game it is handball.

Let me introduce to paragraphs

kg82

Come on man, Palmer’s tackle was about as much of a yellow card as you can get now! Scissor legs, from behind, went through the man to get the ball.
Agree with Vik though, and it’s annoying because I’ve noticed he’s started to throw himself to the ground sometimes to (I suspect) try and make it more obvious to the ref.

Sky Blue Pete

Come on man, Palmer’s tackle was about as much of a yellow card as you can get now! Scissor legs, from behind, went through the man to get the ball.
Agree with Vik though, and it’s annoying because I’ve noticed he’s started to throw himself to the ground sometimes to (I suspect) try and make it more obvious to the ref.
The elbow he hardly threw himself down

Sky Blue Pete

I’m not talking about every time. And I’m not having a go at him. Refs give him less than they should, it’s only natural he exaggerates a bit to make it more obvious.
He also gets away with lots of holding and robust use of his not insignificant physique
After the first 20 the ref got a lot right for me. Thought we were lucky with the hand ball with McNally.
Was annoyed at some of the diving by nishutt, Clarke and roberts and so was the ref clearly. To suggest he was a Homer was and is bizarre

CDK

After the JH Statue incident I love us beating them as iit couldn't happen to a group of tossers disguised as football supporters.tossers all of em.

kg82

He also gets away with lots of holding and robust use of his not insignificant physique
After the first 20 the ref got a lot right for me. Thought we were lucky with the hand ball with McNally.
Was annoyed at some of the diving by nishutt, Clarke and roberts and so was the ref clearly. To suggest he was a Homer was and is bizarre
I agree. He was fine. The odd decision which was incorrect… bound to happen though. He was certainly no Steve Martin

Sky Blue Pete

I agree. He was fine. The odd decision which was incorrect… bound to happen though. He was certainly no Steve Martin
That’s an interesting comparison that. Both sets of players didn’t help him. He had a word with both captains and probably went into changing rooms at half time. The Sunderland fans were whinging about consistency was interesting. He gave decisions early to gain control and then allowed the game to flow
My main thought was gosh what a hard game to manage
Also the thing that would have wound me up the most was him playing only 6min 21sec added time.

Users who are viewing this thread