Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sunderland match, tactics and predictions :)

It’sabatch87

3-1, Vik with a couple.
Can’t ever remember them beating us at home in my lifetime.
Will always remember 6-1 in the first season of the all seater!!

TomRad85

3-1, Vik with a couple.
Can’t ever remember them beating us at home in my lifetime.
Will always remember 6-1 in the first season of the all seater!!
Racking my brains and I'm really struggling to think of a home defeat to them too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

DazzleTommyDazzle

Racking my brains and I'm really struggling to think of a home defeat to them too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Going back a bit, but (as I recall) we lost 1-2 to them in 1976 (?).

I think it was the game where Ian Wallace made his debut, coming on as a half time substitute,

In my memory, the second half was us pounding them but not managing to get an equaliser.

SkyBlueSoul

Gutted I can't make this one. Low scoring draw, 1-1 with Godden to score

It'll be interesting to see what team he goes with now Godden's back. MR's more likely to rest Palmer out of him or Allen so if he does go two up top from the start I think it'll be:

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Allen
Godden Vik

Moore, Rose, JWE, Kelly, Burroughs, Palmer, Walker

alexccfc99

Hate the cunts, don't care if its a rivalry fully manufactured by them in recent years, its worked on me. Even funnier as the useless fuckers can't seem to beat us, long may it continue.
Snap, cannot stand them - Vermin

Love to give that one trick pony of a manager, that little snide fucker O’Nien and without a doubt the most obnoxious and arrogant fanbase in the country a good thumping on Saturday

Grendel

Going back a bit, but (as I recall) we lost 1-2 to them in 1976 (?).

I think it was the game where Ian Wallace made his debut, coming on as a half time substitute,

In my memory, the second half was us pounding them but not managing to get an equaliser.

lost 1-0 in 1985

Julie SBA

Gutted I can't make this one. Low scoring draw, 1-1 with Godden to score

It'll be interesting to see what team he goes with now Godden's back. MR's more likely to rest Palmer out of him or Allen so if he does go two up top from the start I think it'll be:

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
BNC Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Allen
Godden Vik

Moore, Rose, JWE, Kelly, Burroughs, Palmer, Walker
Think I'd start Palmer rather than Godden, its going to be a tough test and I have defensive concerns with BNC. Win would be massive, a draw acceptable. Think the team will be as you predict, we really are very predictable. 3 goals to be scored, could be by either team, not an easy call.

ajl

So their last win against us was 3rd February 2007. Granted we went alot of that time in different divisions.

Overall head to head
Played 17
Sunderland Wins: 4
Coventry City wins: 6
Draws: 7
Games played at CBS/Ricoh: 8 - 5 Coventry wins and 3 draws.
18d1dcd2894cac66b50d2737c1149b45.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Paxman II

They have had a good run and are full of confidence. At Rotherham this week, so interesting to see what happens there. They drew at the week end and have lost a key player. They can't sustain the recent form imo so, we should be able to come out winners in this one & with a good start from us could be a convincing win to move us closer to the playoffs.

alexccfc99

They have had a good run and are full of confidence. At Rotherham this week, so interesting to see what happens there. They drew at the week end and have lost a key player. They can't sustain the recent form imo so, we should be able to come out winners in this one & with a good start from us could be a convincing win to move us closer to the playoffs.
Only have one fit striker on their books, injury to him and the whole season could go up in smoke

Warwickhunt

Snap, cannot stand them - Vermin

Love to give that one trick pony of a manager, that little snide fucker O’Nien and without a doubt the most obnoxious and arrogant fanbase in the country a good thumping on Saturday
absoloutly that Onion player is knob of the highest order, dirty little f&$cker

alexccfc99

absoloutly that Onion player is knob of the highest order, dirty little f&$cker
He’s a shithouse and a talentless twat who hides it well with his butter wouldn’t melt personality, he should have seen red for his attempted tackle on Gyökeres first game, fortunately Vik was too good for him for there to be any lasting damage

He wouldn’t last 5 mins if Doyler was still in our side

lordy_87

Proper looking forward to this, shame about the crap kick off time but 3 points here (a tough ask) and the play off charge is certainly on. You can't beat that feeling of a big game...

If gyokeres is at his best we win.

blunted

They have an amazing away record recently. We really have to be at our best and start on the front foot.

Gint11

I hope we come out the traps and get at em early to show the wet wipes who’s boss.

Offhegoes

We should be confident 10 points from 15. Can’t imagine Mowbray will set up to nullify us so i it should be an open game. Then again Norwich did the same thing. If Vik, Palmer and Gus are all firing, we win.

letsallsingtogether

Hope they are reading this thread it will make them blow a gaskit on there site.
1-1 because we feel sorry for them, always have been and even more now in the shadow of Newcastle.
PUSB

Johhny Blue

And if I remember correct he scored a hat-trick and took 2 two pens but missed one on his debut for us Sheffield Wednesday.
He had to retake one in the game against us so actually beat Bill Glazier three out of three. No mean feat.
Looking back at his record he’s probably one of our most under rated players (along with Quintin Young)

Users who are viewing this thread