Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sheffield United Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Oct (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Weird, isn't it. We've taken 16 points from 24 in games where Strouds been reffing the last two seasons. Still a dreadful ref though.

And that form table is looking good. Scoring goals needs to improve but the defence deserve credit - 1 goal conceded in 6 is fantastic. MacFadzean has turned around early season questions with some stellar performances, marshalling the likes of Doyle and Panzo well.

SBT

Agree with Heckingbottom that that challenge on Dabo did finally put some spark into the game. Doesn’t justify the dirty bastard going in like that though.

It was a truly awful game until then - dreadful atmosphere as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

This made me laugh - there are some normal Sheff Utd fans (not really different to most to be fair)

Offhegoes

That was one of the worst games I have ever seen. However, you will always get these matches across a 46 game season, and I was impressed how we battled, and competed against one of the most physical teams in the league.
Our flowing football from last season is non existent at the moment, but once Hamer, O'Hare & Palmer are regular starters I think it will come back.
I think Godden needs a rest, as he's not contributing enough. Surely Waghorn should now start until O'Hare is back, or we switch to the box and bring in Palmer.

CV22SBA

This made me laugh - there are some normal Sheff Utd fans (not really different to most to be fair)

If it was a sky blue jacket then he was the one kicking the fuck out of everyone in car park A. I thought he was a cov fan (sky blue jacket)

GIMOC

If it was a sky blue jacket then he was the one kicking the fuck out of everyone in car park A. I thought he was a cov fan (sky blue jacket)

yeah he was the one. Dark hair lad. he was left on his own after it all finished. probably missed his lift back

Attachments

• D59C3BAA-C246-4A94-9161-8609B15B366A.jpeg
    D59C3BAA-C246-4A94-9161-8609B15B366A.jpeg
    570.9 KB · Views: 92

Sky Blue Pete

The thing with the tackle if that’s what the game is about why was the tackle the only tackle of that kind throughout the whole game? Ref Lino and 4th official got it wrong and are directly responsible for when it happens again for the injuries players get as they have allowed it to go without the appropriate punishment

As for their manager. He’s just a Jeremy Hunt and given the melee in their last game needs to be hauled in front of the FA to ask him about what about the tackle was worthy of applause

I’d prefer one of his better players to be on the receiving end and to receive a career limiting injury from an exact same tackle and to show both incidents to ask him to reflect on his encouragement of the tackle on Dabo

As I say Jeremy hunt

rexo87

Love the person complaining about us singing songs…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

In depth and generally fair view from the opposition

View of us for anyone who can't be arsed to read the whole thing

Coventry – Awful. Might have been the worst side we have played. Had one shot (Hamer) and the rest of the game they gave it away, fouled and moaned. They did not keep it and looked a side that was lacking confidence. A good side would have beat them easily. One run and stupid tackle and they win it. Ridiculous they won for how bad they were but not sure we were much better? They have some quite agricultural players but they were barely tested at all. Maybe the win will kick start them but take out Gyokeres (same with us with Ndiaye) and they look a poor side and you can see why they have struggled albeit played less games.

Opponent Man of the Match – Not sure anyone was great – maybe Gyokeres just for the forward run and drawing the penalty. The two centre halves headed it and kicked it away but not sure they were great.

Opponent Weak link – Maybe the ref! He did his best at times in general play for us. Dabo could and maybe should have walked for a clumsy foul after a yellow. I think McFadzean the centre back and ex Blade is a poor player and we did not exploit him at all.

Skyblueweeman

I can't recall if anyone else mentioned earlier, but what a penalty from Waghorn.

I'll be honest, when I saw him take the ball, I wasn't confident but that's as good a penalty as you'll see.

Pressure situation, end of the game, 3 points on the line, off the bench he put it away confidently with pace and great precision.

Fair play to him.

robbiethemole

Coventry – Awful. Might have been the worst side we have played. Had one shot (Hamer) and the rest of the game they gave it away, fouled and moaned. They did not keep it and looked a side that was lacking confidence. A good side would have beat them easily. One run and stupid tackle and they win it. Ridiculous they won for how bad they were but not sure we were much better? They have some quite agricultural players but they were barely tested at all. Maybe the win will kick start them but take out Gyokeres (same with us with Ndiaye) and they look a poor side and you can see why they have struggled albeit played less games.

Opponent Man of the Match – Not sure anyone was great – maybe Gyokeres just for the forward run and drawing the penalty. The two centre halves headed it and kicked it away but not sure they were great.

Opponent Weak link – Maybe the ref! He did his best at times in general play for us. Dabo could and maybe should have walked for a clumsy foul after a yellow. I think McFadzean the centre back and ex Blade is a poor player and we did not exploit him at all.
And a double dose of salty tears for them please

shmmeee

Agricultural players? Fouling all the time? Do this lot actually think the hilarious dives are for real?

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Our last 3 games against them Cov won 2 drew 1. They've scored once to our 5.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jordan210

Was certainly reluctant. Fair play to the linesman for actually having the courage to pipe up, (even though it is about as stonewall as they come) many don't.

Shown better on here (2:53):

Panzo is the happiest man the the world

But does show how stroud did not want to give the pen and lucky the Lino gave it

Legia Sky Blue

I wish our bench made a bigger deal of the foul on Dabo.

It was right in front of then, the players and fans went mental, if the staff joined in then he could have easily walked.

You are bang on with this. If the tackle on Dabo had been the other way round their bench and players would have made sure he walked for it. As soon as the tackle was made last night it wasn't our players in the refs face, but theirs intimidating him into only giving a yellow, which was a sure sign they knew he should have been sent off.

Users who are viewing this thread