Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sheffield United Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sheffield United match, tactics and predictions :)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would take a point.

I think I'd put Hamer on the bench as a show that his discipline is not acceptable.

If brought back in I'd replace Allen and get him a bit higher up the pitch, leaving Sheaf and Eccles to cover, though could also bring Palmer and go one up top.

Tommo1993

Would start the same as yesterday with maybe the exception of starting Waghorn over Godden. And depending on whether Doyle is carrying or not.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Berge, Bogle and Foderingham missing for them, we can definitely get something out of this and hope yesterdays result breeds confidence.

1-0 City - Godden

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

As on the other thread. Lack of goals across the pitch is a concern for me still. We'll probably have to outscore them rather than do our 1-0 special. Not sure we're up to that.

Sick Boy

I’d probably go the same team with Hamer on the bench - I’d definitely get Waghorn involved at some point too - he was very good yesterday.

shmmeee

Got to be the same back line after the Rose sub, they’ve earned it. Though am wondering how Moore is doing.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer
Gyokeres Godden

S: Moore, Doyle, Kane, Kelly, Eccles, Waghorn, Tavares

Brighton Sky Blue

As on the other thread. Lack of goals across the pitch is a concern for me still. We'll probably have to outscore them rather than do our 1-0 special. Not sure we're up to that.

Last season we picked them off on the counter again and again. Could probably do the same this time but will need to be much more clinical than we have been so far.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Got to be the same back line after the Rose sub, they’ve earned it. Though am wondering how Moore is doing.

Wilson
Rose Fadz Panzo
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
Palmer
Gyokeres Godden

S: Moore, Doyle, Kane, Kelly, Eccles, Waghorn, Tavares

Robin's will not drop Eccles after yesterday's performance and Hamer will be on the bench.

Offhegoes

Palmer for Godden, Rose for Doyle. Back to the box formation now we have decent midfield options with Hamer and Kelly back

shepardo01

Would take a point.

I think I'd put Hamer on the bench as a show that his discipline is not acceptable.

If brought back in I'd replace Allen and get him a bit higher up the pitch, leaving Sheaf and Eccles to cover, though could also bring Palmer and go one up top.
His pay slip will show that his discipline is not acceptable!

Philosorapter

Coventry City (1360P) Vs Sheffield United (1625)
12.0.3.gif

12.0.2.gif

Attachments

• 12.0.4.gif
    12.0.4.gif
    42.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 12.0.1.png
    12.0.1.png
    93 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Paxman II

No reason why we can't beat this lot. Hamer surely comes straight in? He has played in the under 21's to keep in form. Eccles played well but not exceptional and has earned his place on the bench. At home I'd like to see Palmer as he has done nothing wrong and this is a different game at home. Kelly though I expect to see on the bench. Just think we need extra in midfield so should we sacrifice Godden? - probably not at the start.

usskyblue

It seems like a simple decision to me. If MR thinks Eccles is fit enough, he’ll start him because Eccles earned his place. If MR thinks he doesn’t have two starts in him given the short turnaround, he may prefer to bring Hamer back in, along with Rose keeping his place ahead of Doyle.

The good news is MR has options now.. and will have more when O’Hare and Kelly come back.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson
Rose - Fadz - Panzo
Dabo - Sheaf - Eccles - Bidwell
Allen - Palmer
Gyokeres

Subs : Moore, Doyle, Burroughs, Hamer, Kelly, O’hare, Godden​

alexccfc99

I cannot stand that lot and hope we absolutely thump them, in all my years watching football the most arrogant fanbase with the biggest chip on their shoulder I’ve ever seen

However would take a point

napolimp

It would be crazy not to play Hamer, unless he was unfit. They pay him high wages to play, and he's easily one of the best quality players at the club. Can't drop him to avoid red cards, he's got to avoid that himself through better discipline.

NortonSkyBlue

It would be crazy not to play Hamer, unless he was unfit. They pay him high wages to play, and he's easily one of the best quality players at the club. Can't drop him to avoid red cards, he's got to avoid that himself through better discipline.
Hamer doesn’t deserve a place in my opinion. Eccles was magnificent on Saturday and should be picked on merit until he doesn’t warrant picking.
We pay Hamer high wages not to be consistently suspended. Quality or not he is a liability.

Users who are viewing this thread