Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Sheffield United Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Oct (1 Viewer)

B-Ban-Boogie

If I remember correctly, when they interviewed MR last night after the game on CWR, even he said it didn't look that bad from where he was standing, so maybe it just looked bad from afar?
I mean, it looked like a red from where I was sitting..... on my couch.. here in Florida :ROFLMAO:

Johhny Blue

I’ve got a feeling that the manager is worried about his player being retrospectively banned.

Not sure how it works but think Godden v Fulham and the “dive” and the subsequent ban.

If I were MR I’d be putting an email together to the FA or FL or whoever. It’s also a better way to get Stroud a black mark rather than a straight complaint. Refs cover each others backs and a complaint often backfires over the next few matches.

All that said, our players need protecting. About 18 months ago Dabo was a different player until he was repeatedly hammered by opposing defenders. He’s now worried about taking players on (IMO) and had lost a yard of pace.

Get the cheating SUFC player a long ban.
Stroud has already looked into a ban for Gyokores

pw362

Did anyone else see stroud during the pre match warm up?Went over to the SU players and chatted , shook hands with a couple of them.

coop

Just had a quick look at there forum even they thought it was a red card and the ref bottled it.

Sick Boy

I think Robins is in a mindset where dull discipline outranks quality. I hope once we’ve climbed the league a bit and had some time over the WC for R&R, we go back to a more fluent style TBH.
As the long as we win, who cares?!

Sky Blue Harry H

Said after the Cardiff game, that if you'd have offered me 3 points from Cardiff and Sheff Utd, I'd have snapped your hands off. To get 6 points is massive for us. I watched Stoke lose to Rotherham, but they should have scored 3 or 4 - it was one of those games. Hopefully they'll misfire again - another free hit on the back of our last 2 results. MR said we're taking 2,700 there (impressive !)

Last edited:

shmmeee

As the long as we win, who cares?!

Fans and players I’d imagine. I don’t think we will always win, teams like Burnley and Norwich it’s just handing them initiative and at best damage limitation. We showed last season we can match teams sound hope we aim to again once confidence is up and our midfield has some quality.

Sick Boy

Fans and players I’d imagine. I don’t think we will always win, teams like Burnley and Norwich it’s just handing them initiative and at best damage limitation. We showed last season we can match teams sound hope we aim to again once confidence is up and our midfield has some quality.
Fans would always take winning ugly over playing attractive football and losing - same goes for players, I’m sure.

mark82

This made me laugh - there are some normal Sheff Utd fans (not really different to most to be fair)

The last comment about watching on iFollow and Clive's legendary mistakes. 🤣

shmmeee

Fans would always take winning ugly over playing attractive football and losing - same goes for players, I’m sure.

But the whole point is it’s a false dichotomy. This will grind out points but you aren’t going to finish top half with this kind of football, certainly not with our squad.

shmmeee

What? Why is it always one extreme or the other on here?

Tge whole thread of this is me saying well score more when they’re back because we’ll play more expansively and right now Robins values discipline and hard work. And then people started telling me I didn’t want us to win!?!?

AOM

This made me laugh - there are some normal Sheff Utd fans (not really different to most to be fair)

This cracked me up

Screenshot_20221020-224840_Chrome.jpg

(Mark beat me to it!)

Sick Boy

Tge whole thread of this is me saying well score more when they’re back because we’ll play more expansively and right now Robins values discipline and hard work. And then people started telling me I didn’t want us to win!?!?
Where has anyone said that?

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think anyone said that? I agree we'll play more actual football when back to full fitness and out of the bottom 3, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread