Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Preston North End Match Thread - Wednesday 31st Aug (3 Viewers)

Tommo1993

You know one of those away games where you think, ‘these are really poor, we can beat these’, that’s exactly how I’d feel if I was Preston.

Great_Expectations

Absolutely not jumping on that bandwagon as he has ability.

But Eccles is not a RWB in a team playing on the back foot. He also seems to only jog to every ball which is weird.

stupot07

Are we allowed to say we are massively missing O’Hare yet?
Its not just O'Hare. Last season were at our best with the box, dominating possession and hitting teams on the counter. We're in a position where you can't drop Gyokeres and you can't drop Godden. He still then wants to play a 10 either Palmer or Waghorn today, and that leaves us extremely light in midfield and Preston are knocking it around us with ease.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dirk Turpin

Sheaf Allen doesnt seem to work, playing Allen against some cloggers like this is a recipe for disaster. On top of that Allen is all over the place which doesnt help

Grendel

Waghorn to have a go?

hill83

Its not just O'Hare. Last season were at our best with the box, dominating possession and hitting teams on the counter. We're in a position where you can't drop Gyokeres and you can't drop Godden. He still then wants to play a 10 either Palmer or Waghorn today, and that leaves us extremely light in midfield and Preston are knocking it around us with ease.

O’Hare is the link defensively and attacking wise. It’s O’Hare. If he’s in there we don’t setup how we are tonight.

stupot07

O’Hare the link defensively and attacking wise. It’s O’Hare. If he’s in there we don’t setup how we are tonight.
We still play 2 strikers and concede the midfield, the only difference is O'Hare for Waghorn. We miss him no doubt but the formation doesn't suit us, and doesn't suit gyokeres.

Grendel

We had a shot

Happy_Martian

I have mentioned that Doyle would be a better CDM ;)

Grendel

First thing Gyokeres has done just wide Bidwell

EalingSB

Nice ball from Allen and good shot. Got back into the game now after a poor 15 minutes. Definitely missing the zip of O'Hare and Hamer and the excitement of the start of last season. Decent effort from Bidwell as typing this but finally showing some intent.

Users who are viewing this thread