Match Thread ⚽️ Carabao Cup: Coventry City vs Bristol City Match Thread - Wednesday 10th Aug (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Long shot this being on but anyone know if seasonal car park passes in car park C are valid if it was?

Irish Sky Blue

They will surely have to make a decision tomorrow assuming that the CBS is out of action. I suppose that they could hang on in the hope that ongoing work on the pitch gets it up to some sort of standard. This seems unlikely from what Boddy said. The options would appear to be; reverse the venue, give BC a bye, or play at a local venue, possibly BCD.

slowpoke

It will just be postponed and perhaps played the week the next round is played why would they give Bristol a bye.

ccfc1234

They will surely have to make a decision tomorrow assuming that the CBS is out of action. I suppose that they could hang on in the hope that ongoing work on the pitch gets it up to some sort of standard. This seems unlikely from what Boddy said. The options would appear to be; reverse the venue, give BC a bye, or play at a local venue, possibly BCD.
Play at Nuneaton or Leamongton honour all tickets brought, limit the pay on the day (if needed).
We should not forfit the game it's ideal for our fringe players to stake their claim. Most teams are apathetic and it gives us a chance to progress to play a big team fill the CBS which would be great for turnover.

Paxman II

If the game goes ahead I think it will be close to the team we would have put out against Rotherham.

mark82

If the game goes ahead I think it will be close to the team we would have put out against Rotherham.

You'd hope so. Not sure it's one to play the kids in now. Depends where we play though I guess. If somehow the CBS is deemed fit to play I'm not sure we'd want to risk first teamers.

Sky Blue Pete

Again the club do know it’s Monday don’t they? I’m sore like Matt Hancock they are working 24/7 on finding alternate venue but it’s getting tight again

CV22SBA

PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS – NO LONGER WISH TO ATTEND/WANT REFUND:

Fans who no longer wish to attend the game or want a refund are required to visit the Ticket Office at the Coventry Building Society Arena to get a refund.

This must be done in person before 8pm on Tuesday 9th August with your ticket/s

To facilitate this, the Ticket Office will be open for the following hours:

Tuesday 9th August: 9:30am to 8pm

Refunds will not be available after 8pm Tuesday 9th August.

Sky Blue Pete

Doesn’t sound good

The EFL continues discussions with Coventry City regarding the fulfilment of its upcoming League fixtures and has requested observations from the Club regarding the circumstances that led to the postponement of Sunday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Rotherham United.

Sky Blue Harry H

Doesn’t sound good

The EFL continues discussions with Coventry City regarding the fulfilment of its upcoming League fixtures and has requested observations from the Club regarding the circumstances that led to the postponement of Sunday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Rotherham United.

Wouldn't be too concerned about that. The EFL have to sound 'serious' but I don't think there would be an appetite to penalise us in these circumstances, especially as they ought to be able to get the pitch in a playable (if crap) condition with a bit of elbow grease and sweat (anybody suspect I'm not a keen gardener?)

SlowerThanPlatt

Doesn’t sound good

Have some faith Pete. Don’t you think this could be another SISU masterclass?

Grendel

PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS – NO LONGER WISH TO ATTEND/WANT REFUND:

Fans who no longer wish to attend the game or want a refund are required to visit the Ticket Office at the Coventry Building Society Arena to get a refund.

To facilitate this, the Ticket Office will be open for the following hours:

Tuesday 9th August: 9:30am to 8pm

Refunds will not be available after 8pm Tuesday 9th August.

Customer care at its finest

ccfc922

Doesn’t sound good

Tbh, going by EFL's history, plus them being shit scared of SISU, I can't see us being deducted points etc. Worst case a fine as long as games get played within next few weeks.

fernandopartridge

Wouldn't be too concerned about that. The EFL have to sound 'serious' but I don't think there would be an appetite to penalise us in these circumstances, especially as they ought to be able to get the pitch in a playable (if crap) condition with a bit of elbow grease and sweat (anybody suspect I'm not a keen gardener?)
The EFL will ask what steps the club took to ensure it had a playable pitch and will not be impressed with the excuse that the CWG meant they didn't do anything until the week running up to the fixture.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Have some faith Pete. Don’t you think this could be another SISU masterclass?
I don’t think the first move was successful in any way, I think the second one was not just down to them and this one is a needsmust that no one can argue with. Pretty worried about the silence about an actual solution though

SlowerThanPlatt

Is that even legal?!

skyblueelephant76

Wow what a joke. Really bad service. Lucky I live close. Also lucky someone posted it and I even saw it!
The problem they have is I'm assuming they won't have scanners at the ground so anyone with a print at home ticket could get a refund then just turn up with their printed ticket and get in.

I'm assuming having to go to the ticket office is a way to discourage that although not great for people who genuinely want a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread