Match Thread ⚽️ Carabao Cup: Coventry City vs Bristol City Match Thread - Wednesday 10th Aug (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s certainly never a priority can’t remember last time we had even a half decent run. Having said that 0-3 after half an hour is desperate,

Well yes but it’s not much for the fair amount of people who’ve travelled and didn’t get to see a game at the weekend.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well, that was shit.

One thing I hoped for was we wouldn't get a hammering and that's exactly what's happening. We had a bit more of a chance towards the break but part of me can't help but feel they're taking their foot of the gas and coasting.

Not sure what I'd do at HT. Part of me says we need to stop this being an embarrassment and make changes, another is worried that with our luck so far we'd end up getting injuries to the players, epsecially Gyokeres.

Having the game postponed at the weekend it'd probably be good to get some minutes into their legs. So at some point Gyo, Godden, Sheaf and Hamer on, Eccles, Allen, Palmer and Walker off. Also bring Burroughs on for Dabo just in case.

Nick

Administrator
Middlesborough, Southampton and the other game around that time he was good at RWB

What are you talking about? You are talking about dragging him off and ruining his confidence further when he's clearly needed at this moment in time. Not about the length of time he has been here.

It's funny because an elite football manager and coaches think he has something to offer. But of course the person who should never manage anybody if this is how they react after two bad performances says otherwise....
Shame the elite people didn't react when it was obvious to everybody within 10 minutes that was our weakness.

CCFCBat

Middlesborough, Southampton and the other game around that time he was good at RWB

What are you talking about? You are talking about dragging him off and ruining his confidence further when he's clearly needed at this moment in time. Not about the length of time he has been here.

It's funny because an elite football manager and coaches think he has something to offer. But of course the person who should never manage anybody if this is how they react after two bad performances says otherwise....

It is Nick you are talking about and he spent last season saying how bad COH was and should be taken off every game. When anybody with any sense knows COH makes our team tick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Hate how cups are disrespected by new age football fans

I'm hardly new age, and I've been to the home games against Boreham Wood, Maidenhead etc. Still love the FA Cup, but struggle with this one now. Exacerbated by the fact that the big clubs join several rounds into it, and have won the last umpteen cups. It's boring. Only excitement is for a club like Oxford when they draw Liverpool at home - it gets televised, and Liverpool field no first team players (and still win).

I think the disrespect is a bit of self preservation after defeat!

Brighton Sky Blue

I get your point. But with the games thick and fast in general, the league cup has lost importance. This has shown from the managers over the last 10 or so years and the clubs apathy has trickled down to the fans.

I remember when it was a 2 legged affair all the way through.

Well as I said before, make the first round of this competition the opening game of the season.

fatso

I said before kick off that Eccles would struggle. He's had a poor half, but tbf, he's had fuck all support from Allen and Palmer, he's trying to do evrything defensively, and achieving very little.

fernandopartridge

I'm hardly new age, and I've been to the home games against Boreham Wood, Maidenhead etc. Still love the FA Cup, but struggle with this one now. Exacerbated by the fact that the big clubs join several rounds into it, and have won the last umpteen cups. It's boring. Only excitement is for a club like Oxford when they draw Liverpool at home - it gets televised, and Liverpool field no first team players (and still win).
We're being soundly beaten by the Bristol City second string which is much less insulting

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

It might be that since I’ve supported them, we’ve not faired well in it. Tranmere 5-1 and I think Blackpool beating us over 2 legs in the 90s have jaded me against it.

I’m all for dropping it

Well if you make it the first game of the season it’s a competitive warm up for the league, at least. Get the crowds up too.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Mark Robin's treating this game like a pre season friendly.

Greggs

It's not taboo. People are entitled to their opinions.

Just as other people are entitled to call talk of him being a League Two player just a tad overreactionary.
or an over reaction

Evo1883

Alot of games to squeeze in before the World Cup, those desperate for a cup run were always going to be left dissapointed

The starting 11 tonight says all you need to know about the ambition to progress

Users who are viewing this thread