Match Thread ⚽️ Blackburn Rovers vs Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 19th Apr (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Started ok, good pressing but rushed passing and didn’t get any better as half went on. Just look nervous

Sky Blue Harry H

Now sort it out MR. We've played below par and not put their defence under any pressure.

stupot07

We have been absolutely owned by Blackburn.

We will lose this 2 or 3 nil.

Either Kelly is fit enough to play or don't have him on the bench. I don't really want him on the pitch but we're now playing someone out of position. Howley good enough to start the other week dropped for Kelly too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Dog shit half. Need a decent bollocking at half time.

Then a crunching tackle after half time, get the fans and players up for it

Reactions: AOM

PVA

Godden and Bidwell having stinkers

Fadz, Eccles, poor

Hamer and Gyokeres anonymous

Not good.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We looked very nervy so far, and it's showing in our passing. At least it's only 1-0, but Sheaf going off is an absolute pisser as he's been our best player IMO.

Need to regroup and come out with a bit more purpose second half. If we can click into gear we can definitely get back into this. Look at the Watford game - we were shocking for ages and got a draw.

Might bring on Walker for Godden at HT.

skyblueiom

Kelly wouldn’t have been worse than this shower, but now we have the two left feet of jwe to match the two of bnc. We’re not getting anything from this. Awful

ProfessorbyGrace

Absolute garbage so far.

Norton Cuffy is the only one putting a shift in going forward, Hamer and Vik have had zero impact whatsoever.

One corner and zero shot on goal (?). Drastic changes needed, MR needs to go for broke and change it up.

Marty

We are not out of it at all, bit more quality from us and we'd have opened them up. Play with the usual quality and we'll be right in this.

fernandopartridge

You can see why they've spent virtually the whole season in the top 6 and we haven't. BBD a lot more involved than Gyokeres who just isn't really that effective ever alongside Godden.

olderskyblue

Can’t pass, can’t control. Been a standard for a lot of our games. Let’s hope these improve 2nd half.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nowhere near our best and again it’s when everything else is going our way. Far better than we’re showing.

TomRad85

Absolute wank. Unfortunately says it all about our squad that a midfielder goes off and has to be replaced by an out of position young full back. I think Godden has been probably the worst of the lot.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

napolimp

I think the squad has been pushed as far as it can go, this season is a little too long for them. Hopefully they can find something in the tank in the second half.

SeaSeeEffCee

Pretty dreadful first half. We just don’t look on it at all.

To be honest the performance level since we got back from the international break, QPR and last 30 mins of Watford aside, hasn’t really been play-off level. Hopefully we can come out firing second half, but I can’t say I’m confident that we’ll be able to turn this around.

Esoterica

Wasn't at all fluid, and we were our own worst enemy at times. Need a bit more from the wing backs so we don't end up with a flat back 5 and 3 midfielders 10 metres from them but if we can tweak that at halftime and when the space opens up in the 2nd half, no reason why we can;t get right back in this.

fernandopartridge

I'm glad he didn't bring Kelly on, it's been difficult enough for young fit players to keep up with their energy in midfield so understand why he's brought JWE on

Paxman II

Blackburn average and we are not at our game. We can beat these if we play to our capability. that means a good second half from Hamer and Vik. Time to step it up and think what's a stake. The task is now more difficult with Sheaf off. i would take Godden off and put Kelly on and ask the club captain to play the game of his life.

ProfessorbyGrace

Dog shit half. Need a decent bollocking at half time.

Then a crunching tackle after half time, get the fans and players up for it
What would be nice, would be if they could, you know, pass to each other. At this rate, any attempted studs up would miss horribly and take out out a teammate.

Ross1247

Poor first half all round, passing is way off and nothing is coming off going forward. Even if we could rescue a point and other results stay the same it wouldn't be a bad night.

olderskyblue

We had no attacking impetus that half that was down to tactics
We had 2 chances to test the keeper in the first 5 to 10 minutes. Poor passes cost us Both times, when they were actually simple passes to make.

fernandopartridge

Wasn't at all fluid, and we were our own worst enemy at times. Need a bit more from the wing backs so we don't end up with a flat back 5 and 3 midfielders 10 metres from them but if we can tweak that at halftime and when the space opens up in the 2nd half, no reason why we can;t get right back in this.
Will that space open up though? Blackburn don't need to press forward now and it's not as if we look like troubling them

Users who are viewing this thread