£5 Official Coach Travel. (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

They should have one leave from the council office

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Where is white Street? Fiver isn't bad, people would probably pay that to get from town to the Ricoh and back.

vow

Where is white Street? Fiver isn't bad, people would probably pay that to get from town to the Ricoh and back.
White Street Coach Station, under the ring road by bus station.

WillenhallSkyBlues

Read the twitter replies. It still isn’t good enough for some people they’re adding it up how much it would cost all season yet I bet they were all happy to pay £4 for a coventry daysaver without any problem and one person genuinely asked if the £5 was for travel all season or for one game lol

Nick

Administrator
Read the twitter replies. It still isn’t good enough for some people they’re adding it up how much it would cost all season yet I bet they were all happy to pay £4 for a coventry daysaver without any problem and one person genuinely asked if the £5 was for travel all season or for one game lol
It costs a fiver to park at the Ricoh off-site.

The only thing I don't like about the coach is the time it takes and waiting around for people. If I couldn't drive it would be ideal

vow

Used to pay £3.50 from CtKing club to Ricoh every other week, so an extra £1.50 won't hurt, especially taking into account £260 for a ST, it balances out quite nicely.

lord_garrincha

Considering it's £6.50 for a day ticket of bus & train, and have the freedom to go as and when, I think I will give it a swerve. But will prob use it for midweek night games and park by the arena... without any fucking restrictions anymore!

vow

Leaving aside the politics (I know, I know!) why on earth didn't they do that for Northampton?

Or did they and I just didn't notice?
Dunno why they didn't offer coach travel as we drove every game and don't think it was ever offered.

However, the NOPM/Trust bus for the hill dwellers used to go to Sixfields and we were tempted a couple of times to cheekily catch it then go into the ground!!

clint van damme

Paid fiver to.park at the Ricoh, fiver to get the minibus from Earlsdon or 3.40.on the train so not a lot of difference

pusbccfc

Bargain really.

As much as I'll get the train most weeks, ensuring you get to directly to the ground may benefit for night games.

Adge

Decent price that to be fair. I’ve slated them in the past for robbing the fans with the official coach travel but I can’t see many unofficial coaches competing with that.

ccfc1234

No helping some people.

SBAndy

Decent price that to be fair. I’ve slated them in the past for robbing the fans with the official coach travel but I can’t see many unofficial coaches competing with that.

Wasn’t that largely because they had to use a Wasps-approved provider?

PurpleBin

Some absolute weapon asking why the club haven't put trains on? Unreal.

coop

£5 is a bargain ask the ones that are moaning to jump in a taxi and say £5 worth please wouldn't get very far.IF it was free some twat would still moan.

Adge

£5 is a bargain ask the ones that are moaning to jump in a taxi and say £5 worth please wouldn't get very far.IF it was free some twat would still moan.
Indeed. Lets not forget though that the bottom line is that they (whoever the blame lies with-noteably all 3 sides) are still changing £5 when THEY have moved your team out of Coventry to go and watch them play, something we all know is still wrong but they are charging you for the pleasure.

Covstar

For first time in their tenure I applaud Sisu for what they are doing to help fans, the club and the manager.

In the past decade there has been numerous shortcomings, lies and mismanagement however with recent events, even taking into account we are moving to Birmingham this season, it feels like there is transparency (Seppalla interview), backing of the manager (Lots of new signings), doing best for the future of the club( not jeopardising the future of the club by bowing down to Wasps demands), cheaper season tickets for fans ( Taking into account the situation), and helping fans with travel arrangements at a cheap cost.

Never thought I'd say it but for once I appreciate what they are doing. Thank you Sisu. Build a new stadium and I might even start to like them.

Nick

Administrator
For first time in their tenure I applaud Sisu for what they are doing to help fans, the club and the manager.

In the past decade there has been numerous shortcomings, lies and mismanagement however with recent events, even taking into account we are moving to Birmingham this season, it feels like there is transparency (Seppalla interview), backing of the manager (Lots of new signings), doing best for the future of the club( not jeopardising the future of the club by bowing down to Wasps demands), cheaper season tickets for fans ( Taking into account the situation), and helping fans with travel arrangements at a cheap cost.

Never thought I'd say it but for once I appreciate what they are doing. Thank you Sisu. Build a new stadium and I might even start to like them.
Is it joy doing that or people like boddy / Tynan scope etc?

cooperskyblue

I think Boddy has been a breath of fresh air and by far the most likeable out of the clowns we've had under SISU's tenure. Think Boddy deserves a lot of credit, as does the club for really trying to connect the club and the fans back together. Hosting these events and the kit launches etc

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Not convinced that an interview along the same lines as the one she gave Les Reid all those years ago is necessarily a sudden shining beacon of transparency either.

If she comes up with detailed plans for a new ground, and a genuine plan of action I might be a little more sympathetic to that claim!

Users who are viewing this thread