£1 million for Bigi (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I Do think AT played a part in Bigi's performances deteriorating over the season. I don't think I could CET forgive AT for his actions / comments after Bigi was sent off V Southampton

Agreed! He was scared to tackle and be creative! Its like there was an invisible line he couldnt cross!

Sewelly

What would you lads say his best qualities are? I wonder if he will feature a bit next year if our squad gets stretched with the extra Europe games.

Best of luck this season btw, always found Coventry fans to be decent craic.

Sutty

I Do think AT played a part in Bigi's performances deteriorating over the season. I don't think I could CET forgive AT for his actions / comments after Bigi was sent off V Southampton

Burnley. But yes I agree, shouldn't have been so scathing about a youngster just starting his career.

As for his move, I'm not saying I don't rate Bigi, because I do. He'll become a very good player I think. Saying we could have sold him for much more a few years down the line is fine, but what if his head was turned? His contract was up in a year or so anyway I think? Who's to say he'd have stuck around long enough for us to get the full worth?

Marty

Agreed! He was scared to tackle and be creative! Its like there was an invisible line he couldnt cross!

That would be the tactical genius Andy Thorn at work.

skyblueinBaku

I take issue with two things in Tim Fisher's statement. Firstly, I don't believe that all of the fee will be spent on the footballing part of CCFC ( and since the fee is 'undisclosed', how will we ever know?). We can only guess and base assumptions on Fisher's/Sisu's record of truthfulness.

Secondly, I don't like the bit about 'when a Premiership side comes calling it's hard to stand in the player's way'. This makes it sound as if the move was Bigi's idea. As I understand it, he didn't want to go. Why couldn't TF just say it how it is - When a Premiership side comes calling, Joy tells me to accept their offer if it's for more than £50.

Sutty

I'll give you that all clubs sell at this level, but not all clubs have got a "Wafer thin" squad either.

So selling one to bring in two or three would be good business then?

Not saying that's what will happen but I just think we should wait and see how we use the money before criticising. If we don't bring anyone in then I'll join you in being critical but I'll remain on the fence for now! ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I take issue with two things in Tim Fisher's statement. Firstly, I don't believe that all of the fee will be spent on the footballing part of CCFC ( and since the fee is 'undisclosed', how will we ever know?). We can only guess and base assumptions on Fisher's/Sisu's record of truthfulness.

I think what they are saying is that the money will be used to fund the football club ...... people tend to equate transfer fees with funding new players it isnt what he is saying.... TF is being careful with his words and the money will be used to fund the football operation which will include paying the wages of the remaining squad, it wont be used to repay debt to SISU is how i take it as meaning. I do not think we will be paying a fee for any players to join us

wingy

What would you lads say his best qualities are? I wonder if he will feature a bit next year if our squad gets stretched with the extra Europe games.

He's gonna need a couple of years to mature IMO,very good touch and great passer when playing the right role and system,needs to bulk up abit ,but hey there are plenty of smaller players leading the way.:)

Sky Blue Kid

@ Sutty....No problem mate......but it's 8 out...3 in... atm, do you really see SISU changing the habit of a lifetime? because I don't.:eek:

KersleyDigs

His best qualities are: his first touch, his passing and his creativity

When you watched him at U18 level he bossed it and was head and shoulders above the rest.

He needs to get stronger and improve his positioning/tracking, but he's very good whilst on the ball and will improve a lot i'm sure.

Sutty

@ Sutty....No problem mate......but it's 8 out...3 in... atm, do you really see SISU changing the habit of a lifetime? because I don't.:eek:

Yeah I do agree, the signs aren't great, and on previous form we won't replace him adequately.

But there's plenty of time left. The squad looks thin, but nothing two or three signings wouldn't solve. I try and stay optimistic! :D

Sutty

His best qualities are: his first touch, his passing and his creativity

When you watched him at U18 level he bossed it and was head and shoulders above the rest.

He needs to get stronger and improve his positioning/tracking, but he's very good whilst on the ball and will improve a lot i'm sure.

I'd agree with all this.

Probably needs a loan move to continue his devlopment. Perhaps a League 1 club? Somewhere with a small squad so he'd get a fair share of games? A club where he'd settle in quickly? I think I know one :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Secondly, I don't like the bit about 'when a Premiership side comes calling it's hard to stand in the player's way'. This makes it sound as if the move was Bigi's idea. As I understand it, he didn't want to go. Why couldn't TF just say it how it is - When a Premiership side comes calling, Joy tells me to accept their offer if it's for more than £50.

It's days like today that the Tim Twitter parody was made for. Bloody thing got suspended last night!

Sawyer

I hope he opens up a barbers up here, I need a new one! Dont worry lads, if I see Bigi about I will slap him for being silly and going from first team football to subs bench if lucky.

kepit 2 yusen

My worry is that Keogh will go and nobody else will be brought in now. I don't trust Fishy Tim anymore than I do that bunch of Banana Splits who own us.

shmmeee

My worry is that Keogh will go and nobody else will be brought in now. I don't trust Fishy Tim anymore than I do that bunch of Banana Splits who own us.

Keogh will definitely go, but (and I don't know if you were one of these people or not) people have been saying since we got relegated and players started leaving that Sisu wouldn't sign anyone, and we have, so I see no reason why we wouldn't bring in players. Sisu have always sold/released first, sometimes with disastrous consequences (see King, Juke, etc.) so why would this be any different.

I'd expect £100k at least to go to the academy from what Fisher is saying, and if that pays for a another year or two producing the players it has then great, that's our future as a club with no assets. In fact I'd give half or even all of it over to improving the academy infrastructure. I'd expect some to go to the debts too, that's sensible for a club losing the amount we are.

If we can sell Keogh for a similar amount and bring in three or four players on a free or cheap then we're looking OK as a squad, the finances look healthier (and any new deal for Keogh would cost a fair bit) and we've got the academy guaranteed for a few more years, ensuring we have a future.

We're a League 1 club in massive amounts of debt, going through a restructuring period, we're not going to be able to hold onto everyone, it's about getting value and doing the least damage, and in my opinion, in this case that has happened.

AFCCOVENTRY

If anything the value of our academy is priceless.

Without it we wouldn't have even been able to field a team last season.

Most L1 clubs don't have academies.

No disrespect to Bigi but he would be no use to us in League 1. Good luck to him and that sounds like good business. Did we really think a 5ft something would cut it in league 1?

Astute

Fleck is used to playing in the scottish prem. It is similar to Div3 in style of play

CCFC123

Fleck is used to playing in the scottish prem. It is similar to Div3 in style of play

I have to correct you you so bloody wrong.... the scottish premier league is the equal to the sunday division six of the coventry boozers pissed up league played at Canley req. The Dolphin with all its morons and pissed up overweight hard as nails between 7-11pm could give that lot a good game for 15 minutes....

ccfcway

I have to correct you you so bloody wrong.... the scottish premier league is the equal to the sunday division six of the coventry boozers pissed up league played at Canley req. The Dolphin with all its morons and pissed up overweight hard as nails between 7-11pm could give that lot a good game for 15 minutes....

And yet RoD stil couldnt score

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If anything the value of our academy is priceless.

Without it we wouldn't have even been able to field a team last season.

Most L1 clubs don't have academies.

what level of academy are we going to be? The new rules set certain criteria. Class 1 requires £2.5m to be spent each year on it so that wont be us !

CUS Wyken

I'm laughing at all the mugs on here who 'claimed' to know him. Saying he won't leave and has no interest in money. Wants to stay at Cov blah blah...

Soon as one big club comes in, he's off.

Users who are viewing this thread