£1 million for Bigi (2 Viewers)

guicey15

Newcastle have reportedly paid around £1 million for Bigi, but we have apparently negotiated a sell-on clause too. Sad to see him go of course, but I think that a good bit of business and a good deal for us IF we use at least some of that money to get another couple of players in. Obviously not counting on it, this is SISU were talking about, but you never know.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/newcastle-agree-fee-bigirimana-091742513.html

Otis

Sensible thing to do would be for the owners to take say £700,000 to try and help with debts and use the £300,000 for new players or new players wages for any freebies.

skyblueman

Coventry City midfielder Gael Bigirimana has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The 18-year-old, who broke into City's first team last season, has joined the Premier League side on a five-year deal.

Tim Fisher, chief executive of Coventry City, said: "Gael is a great talent and we would, obviously, have liked him to stay here at Coventry.

"But when the Premier League comes calling - particularly a club the size of Newcastle United - it becomes increasingly difficult to stand in the player's way.

"We would have liked him to have developed further here at Coventry City but that wasn't to be so we have acted in the best interests of the club and have agreed a fee that we feel reflects his value.

"All of the money will be reinvested across the entire football side of the business - from youth development to the first team.

"Finally, we would like to wish Gael all the very best for the future."

smileycov

Facebook User
Coventry City midfielder Gael Bigirimana has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.

The 18-year-old, who broke into City's first team last season, has joined the Premier League side on a five-year deal.

Tim Fisher, chief executive of Coventry City, said: "Gael is a great talent and we would, obviously, have liked him to stay here at Coventry.

"But when the Premier League comes calling - particularly a club the size of Newcastle United - it becomes increasingly difficult to stand in the player's way.

"We would have liked him to have developed further here at Coventry City but that wasn't to be so we have acted in the best interests of the club and have agreed a fee that we feel reflects his value.

"All of the money will be reinvested across the entire football side of the business - from youth development to the first team.

Well if thats the case, i aint gonna argue.........Jury's out!!

guicey15

"All of the money will be reinvested across the entire football side of the business - from youth development to the first team."

We'll wait and see about that...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Piss of Fisher you slug, you couldn't wait to get him out of the door and the cash in your hand

Making more promises you can't keep about reinvesting the money in the football team, will wait and see but I won't be holding out much hope

thechase

If its true and we can get a centre half and midfielder/striker then its good business. Yes he is a good talent but the reported £1million cant be turned down for a player who has potential but isnt the end product at all. Also if it means Keogh can now be offered a deal to stay its even better in my opinion.

Gray

good move by the club (as long as the money DOES go back into the football side of business) a player with potential but we have better midfielders at the club, so he wont be missed too much,

although not a good move for Bigi, yeah he'll get a massive pay rise, but he'll be sitting in their reserves for a couple of years then farmed out on loan somewhere,

ccfcway

I'd be ringing Keogh and telling him half of it is going towards and new CF and CM and the other half is going in Keoghs bank account if he extends his contract

Astute

For the next year at least it will be a good move for us. Bigi would not be suited to Div3. He would get knocked off the ball too often.

Now for the good news announcement........keeping Keogh :)

ccfcway

Bigi COULD be a good player, but lets face facts. 1 million for a league One player who most on the "starting line up" thread, didnt even have him in our team !

sky blue john

Disgusted !!!!!!!
1 million what joke owners we have !!!!
Regarded as one of the best prospects in the championship last year and he has been given away !!!!
We have muppet supporters who post on here that think that we should get promotion even some mentioning back to back promotion what jokers !!!!
Fact we have less players and a weaker squad than last season promotion your having a laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I guess if this deal was needed to get Keogh to sign a new contract I could accept it and it will soften the blow but I doubt this will happen.

SkyBlueScottie

All the money will be reinvested what a load of shit

Well if thats the case, i aint gonna argue.........Jury's out!!

"All of the money will be reinvested across the entire football side of the business - from youth development to the first team."

We'll wait and see about that...

Well it will be reinvested into the club, it will go towards the day to day running of the club.... meaing we accumulate 1 million (or whatever the fee is) less debt.

davebart

I wouldn't count on us getting £1m. That is media talk - they have absolutely no idea what the fee is.

valiant15

Fucking disgrace. The wankers are now selling the future of the club. As for our fans,what a load of 2 faced mugs you are,its good buisiness if they reinvest in the squad? When will it sink in? The scumbags at sisu have no interest in investing in the squad! As for fisher,you slimey c**t can go on and play on the m6.

Gray

missed an opportunity here though, should've got Shola Ameobe in exchange :wave:

Nick

Administrator
Fucking disgrace. The wankers are now selling the future of the club. As for our fans,what a load of 2 faced mugs you are,its good buisiness if they reinvest in the squad? When will it sink in? The scumbags at sisu have no interest in investing in the squad! As for fisher,you slimey c**t can go on and play on the m6.

Most people are saying it wouldn't be as bad IF they reinvest.

Gray

and what about his shop? hope it don't close or i'll have nowhere to get my Fro done!

ccfcway

how to make friends and influence people.

The future of the club ?

Any decent young player goes on to big and better things, hell, even Man Utd had to sell Ronaldo.

Whilst its a shame, it was going to happen. Dann, westwood, Fox etc etc.

The best a LEAGUE ONE club can hope for is some of that money o be reinvested into the team and the rest towards the MASSIVE debt we have.

Last edited:

aodea

Ah its a bit frustrating losing him so early and for what does not seem like a huge fee. Sell on clause i supposse is something. if he is anyway a success up there he could be sold for 5million or so and we might get 500k so thats something. it is hard to see how Bigi would have got on this year but great to have seen him come through and seems like a nice lad.

We are very short Midfielders now so some will have to be brought in. I am optimistic still that we will be competing in this leauge.

CCFCSteve

Its hardly 2 faced, just realism. Fleck, Kilbane and Elliott are investments in the club. We are losing £'000's a month and theres no white knight on the horizon so what do people expect ?! Its always painful seeing a young player leave for pastures new but its no different to Sturridge, Davenport etc etc. WE ARE A SELLING CLUB, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE

Just hope it is £1m+ and a large sell on.

SkyBluePryce

I'm not happy at all at this. I know many of you are saying that he's too small for league 1 but at the end of the day he's one of if not the best player we have with the ball at his feet. If we plan on getting promoted we can't do well in this league without playing the ball on the floor for the majority of the game, especially without Platt. Look at Freeman for example form Stevenage he's a small player who likes the ball on the floor and he was a big success last season, and at the end of the day the referees aren't gonna let players be attacked by 'bigger' players because they are 'divison 3' referees this is 2012 not the 90's, they will be penalised. The thing that annoys me most is that I aswel as most of you are presuming this money won't be reinvested. p.s we should try and sign Freeman- no idea how much stevenage value him at but a good little player

Users who are viewing this thread