Yo yo test (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Anyone watched video of this from first day back.

Looked like fleck was first to drop out and Wilson and Daniels (I think) were last 2 standing

stupot07

He has a nice motor - we pay our players far too much! I remember Tabb turning up in an old BMW, not a brand spanking new merc

Steve_75

Just watched this. Surprised at how big a gap there seemed to be between the first to drop out and the last.

lordsummerisle

Apparently it's slang for going to Birmingham according to our resident tin-foil hat wearer Jack Griffin.

Bet it's some sort of Mormon fitness test.

stupot07

I wouldn't read to much into it anyway as kev Thornton used to win the bleep test regularly

Thornton didn't have fitness problems, he just lacked pace and was unmotivated. Fleck struggled fitness wise last season, so for me it is worry that he's come back as the most unfit player

Paxman II

As a former PTI (many years ago) I find this pathetic, disparaging, insulting, not team building in any way, quite the opposite. Just look at the interest of the players for this exercise? I fail to see what this achieves especially given it takes place in a humid gym without enough air circulation.
I fear for the team spirit and squad if this is the sort of level we will be training at?

wingy

As a former PTI (many years ago) I find this pathetic, disparaging, insulting, not team building in any way, quite the opposite. Just look at the interest of the players for this exercise? I fail to see what this achieves especially given it takes place in a humid gym without enough air circulation.
I fear for the team spirit and squad if this is the sort of level we will be training at?

They looked like the austerity drive has hit home .:(

stupot07

I imagine its just part of the initial pre season checks to see what fitness levels are in order to fine tune the pre season programme.

Sbarcher

SP was heard to say " The lads did a fantastic job. Early doors we covered every inch of the ground. We did tire towards the end. The surface was a bit too hard for our normal game and this had a big effect on the result. Overall I saw great potential and if we play as we did for the first 10 mins we should be ok".

skybluegod

You find it pathetic that they are checking the teams base fitness? This isn't for building fitness or building up team spirit it's for seeing how the players fitness improves over pre season. They won't be training in the hall everyday.

Spionkop

Thanks for posting this - first time I've seen the City train since the early 1960s when we used to go around to the GEC grounds at Copsewood to watch Jimmy Hill's training sessions with the likes of George Hudson & co. They actually welcomed people. Often there were hundreds of us kids. Where was this filmed? Warwick?
Don't imagine 'The Hud' did very well in Yo Yo tests either!

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by Paxman II As a former PTI (many years ago) I find this pathetic, disparaging, insulting, not team building in any way, quite the opposite. Just look at the interest of the players for this exercise? I fail to see what this achieves especially given it takes place in a humid gym without enough air circulation.

It's for checking Cardio Vascular response. My son is a Sergeant and PTI in the Army and does these checks on a regular basis
What do you think it's going to be like in Brazil for the England squad(If we get there)....exactly the same conditions.

Pete in Portugal

Well done to Billy Daniels and Connor Thomas. As for Fleck, if that was his performance after doing extra training all summer, Pressley must be wondering whether Fleck should be joining his 8 'unwanted' colleagues.

percy

Let's get some perspective here. It's a little test to see how the players have looked after themselves during their holidays. Maybe fleck has felt a twinge or something. No point in over doing it at this stage. Maybe he's been professional in pulling out. Lets judge fleck and every other player once the season starts, not on day one into pre season

BigadamL

you all realise that the video has had bits cut out? i know Fleck was the first to finish but i bet not many people on here could even get to that standard?! yeah i know im going to get........well im not a pro footballer they should be fit all the time!! why should they?

im sure we had a thread on this last year but was called a bleep test, which half fit person should be getting around 9/9.5

Users who are viewing this thread