Would you go to New Stadium Yes or No (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

Simple - If SISU carry on this stupidity of re-locating to Northampton and build a new Ground ready for 3-5 years time and we manage to be in the FL by then, would you attend? Yes or No.

Me - NO

Paxman II

Yes of course. If that's where Coventry City were playing. I hope they are playing at the Ricoh but if it transpires not to be then a new stadium in Coventry will do fine.

ajsccfc

Hard to say. A reality where this ground is built and in place could be very different from what we know now.

RPHunt

No, it has got to the point now where I will not attend any stadium that SISU call home - Ricoh, Sixfields or fantasy island.

cloughie

Absolutely not, yet some claim they will but time will tell 5/10 years time..........

If you actually believe the fantasy

SkyblueBazza

If it were modelled/based on the old Highfield Rd, & was near-full, with 15000 capacity, every game & the option to grow to 25, & then 40, & even 60k - with very little disruption...& We got ALL revenue streams & it carryied the old Highfield Road atmosphere over too - I think the vast majority of us would say "yes"!
Whether it will...I think we have to wait & see. I will definitely NOT be going to Northampton though.

skybluericoh

Definately, the club would be in a far better state than it could be playing in a ground we will never own.

We would not own it - SISU would and they would be taking all the fees and payments and rent and pie money, not that that would be much in the conference.
My answer NO has to be in coventry Coventry area could mean anywhere outside the city.

letsallsingtogether

Grouindhog Day
But we have done that once already ended with £60 million worth of debt and sold it for houses, had nowhere to play had to get the council to bale us out then shat on them as well.
fuck me going around in circles we will still be in 20 years if these owners stay.......

If it were modelled/based on the old Highfield Rd, & was near-full, with 15000 capacity, every game & the option to grow to 25, & then 40, & even 60k - with very little disruption...& We got ALL revenue streams & it carryied the old Highfield Road atmosphere over too - I think the vast majority of us would say "yes"!
Whether it will...I think we have to wait & see. I will definitely NOT be going to Northampton though.

Astute

If the latest offer is turned down I will never do a home game whilst them w@nkers are still at our club. That is at Northampton, Ricoh or even at the stadium that won't get built.

They are not bothered how low they take our club. The lower we go the lower the wages. They always distress companies to get their own way. The problem is that it is our football club they are doing it to this time. And there is nothing we can do about it. If anyone tries to help us they will be threatened with legal action. Their reputation will scare most people off helping us. Even the FL seem scared of them.

I can't believe we are about to start a new season. I am going away on Friday for a couple of weeks. The worst thing is I haven't even looked at what games I can make when I get back. I have about lost all interest in this season. All I can see ahead is a relegation battle. I have never felt like this before in my near 40 years of supporting our club.

SkyBlueDaz

If the latest offer is turned down I will never do a home game whilst them w@nkers are still at our club. That is at Northampton, Ricoh or even at the stadium that won't get built.

They are not bothered how low they take our club. The lower we go the lower the wages. They always distress companies to get their own way. The problem is that it is our football club they are doing it to this time. And there is nothing we can do about it. If anyone tries to help us they will be threatened with legal action. Their reputation will scare most people off helping us. Even the FL seem scared of them.

I can't believe we are about to start a new season. I am going away on Friday for a couple of weeks. The worst thing is I haven't even looked at what games I can make when I get back. I have about lost all interest in this season. All I can see ahead is a relegation battle. I have never felt like this before in my near 40 years of supporting our club.

Great post, my thoughts exactly.

Block19

I would go if the fisher price stadium is in coventry, but I think SISU see football fans as "cash cows" that they can milk and milk and milk well if you feed the cow rubbish eventually the milk drys up and Coventry fans are now at that point

Block19

I would go if the fisher price stadium is in coventry, but I think SISU see football fans as "cash cows" that they can milk and milk and milk, well if you feed the cow rubbish eventually the milk drys up and Coventry fans are now at that point

Sub

Fisher_price.png

EIBOVenueMap.cfm

Plans submitted by SISU to the FL for approval of new stadium :)

Last edited:

BurbageSkyBlues

Very definitely, I will not be going.

Forty five years of support are going down the drain..........

My belief is that they know they will lose the majority of our support over the next 5-10 years that it would take to build this stadium. Hence the club will become another franchised entity, maybe at Northampton? If I were a Northampton official, I would be very concerned that this cancer is establishing itself within my club....it's only a matter of time before it starts to distress Northampton, to get the ground and land for free, and hey presto......you're next on their list of aquired football assets. My opinion, of course.....

Otis

Fisher_price.png

EIBOVenueMap.cfm

Plans submitted by SISU to the FL for approval of new stadium :)

I would say the answer is probably NO.

3-5 years away is a hell of a long time and I think an awful lot of us will have found something else to do on our Saturday afternoons by then.

Could well end up that if a new stadium was built there would be only crowds of 5-6 thousand turning up every week.

I have no enthusiasm whatsoever now, this season. How apathetic am I going to be after 3-5 years?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Gint11

I agree with that. For me, as long as we play in Coventry, I'll be there.

hill83

In theory my answer is yes.
But in reality, if it's in 5 years time I doubt I'll bother. I'll have moved on to something else by then. Hopefully I'll be playing off a handicap of 5 or lower.
My interest is at an all time low now, so what will it be like then? If they Ikea a stadium in a year I'd be more inclined to go.

Edit: Just read Otis' post. I didn't. Copy him. Honest.

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Can't see me going to any more home games whilst SISU remain. If the council/higgs sell the Ricoh and SISU sell the club and both are united as one entity under new ownership then I might consider coming back. Or if the whole thing folds and a genuine Phoenix club emerges then perhaps. The whole club is rotten, its not just the stadium, its everything and until that changes then I dont see that i can spend anymore of my ever dwindling salary on watching them. At least if I go to Rochdale (my pet team) or Glossop (my local side) they are grateful for my cash and invest it back in to the club, its not the same as watching City play but it is more worthy.

Gynnsthetonic

Yes i would if the new ground was within a mile of the city centre (Courtaulds) 25000 seater would be ample and a 2 tier stand behind one goal

Sky Blue Dal

For me No... I will be finished with Sky Blues for good.

This may change if we get a decent owner with big ambitions of moving out of the Cow shed which SISU say they would build for the club and move back to the Ricoh as full owners.

BUT...Not going to happen

Users who are viewing this thread