Would you dip your (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Hand in your pocket to help out Northampton Town FC ? apparently, they're in dire straits and , need all the cash they can get ... Having being our hosts for a season - do we owe it to them ??

hill83

If the ones who were laughing at us before come round and mow my lawn I could find a tenner.

tom88

In a word No

Yes it's sad for the fans and it's not their fault but I remember a few of them laughing at the stadium situation. Besides we bought them a brand new pitch

Nick

Administrator
Not another thread on this :(

No, I'm not going to pay their director's tax bill.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They were not my hosts but I will be giving to the collection they apparently will be holding before the game. Don't like to see any football club in trouble well except for a few.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Hand in your pocket to help out Northampton Town FC ? apparently, they're in dire straits and , need all the cash they can get ... Having being our hosts for a season - do we owe it to them ??

I wouldn't dip my hand in to save any other club I would be pretty reluctant to even donate a tenner if it was CCFC.

Bob Latchford

They were not my hosts but I will be giving to the collection they apparently will be holding before the game. Don't like to see any football club in trouble well except for a few.

They were your hosts ! didn't you use that pub ? use their lovely lush green hill ?? the Sheff Utd fans give us tasty free crisps :claping hands:

skybluesam66

not in a million years - they were complicit in me not watching my team for more than 12 months - Im not going to help them

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They were your hosts ! didn't you use that pub ? use their lovely lush green hill ?? the Sheff Utd fans give us tasty free crisps :claping hands:

They were good crisps actually still wondering where he nicked them from. Going back to the point though the hill didn't belong to them did it my friend nor the pub?

chiefdave

I'd chuck a few quid in but I imagine there will be a few that won't given some of the comments when we were there.

Evo1883

No ..feel for the fans but the 15 pound tickets on saturday is like each cov fan donating a fiver ,because it would normally be 10 pound

Chipfat

Get Tim and Cardoza shaking the tin outside the Ricoh!!! instead of some poor fan who will no doubt get abuse for the shit some of ours had to suffered going the other way. I wonder if us being at sixfields at the time made the council fund the ground expansion thinking we could turn into a permanent fixture in Northampton.

Grendel

. I wonder if us being at sixfields at the time made the council fund the ground expansion thinking we could turn into a permanent fixture in Northampton.

No it didn't

Chipfat

No it didn't

Just wondered, how did the club think they would be able to pay this loan back, did they expect us to be renting sixfields longer than we did. Because if thats not the case then us and NTFC would be in the shit right now.

Specs WT-R75

Yes. I am donating 45% of my £15 ticket on Saturday to help their cause... it's the best way I know how and I encourage all sky blue fans to get behind the team and make sure that they don't have the prize money from the next round of the cup to look forward too :p

nmp2327

I blame them for part of our issue, they simply had to say no to SISU in the first place rather than seeing us as a 'cash cow' and we would never have played there at all, so no to any handout and lets hope the boys give their team a good trashing at the weekend.

shmmeee

Well I'm probably going to have to as I think my Dad is helping collect. But normally, no.

I feel for the fans, but clubs need to start going to the wall if we're ever going to get change. Limping along on life support does noone any good.

Astute

Other than buying tickets and refreshments there is only one football club that I will give money to. And I would want something in return from it as well. Like knowing all money raised went straight to TM for team strengthening.

How many supporters from other clubs offered money to SISU to help with their tax bill or towards the rent they never paid? It is a similar thing for Northampton. Very different but similar. Why should we pay their bills?

Chipfat

I blame them for part of our issue, they simply had to say no to SISU in the first place rather than seeing us as a 'cash cow' and we would never have played there at all, so no to any handout and lets hope the boys give their team a good trashing at the weekend.

I feel the same they were laughing at us when our owners went crying with cap in hand and they used that situation to get rent out of us without care to our fans. I'm sure then Cardoza was thinking of a bigger future with us in tow while pretending to care for our clubs future. I feel for football fans, helping these owners to carry on running a football club knowing fans will help out is not the answer.

The FA should make sure all owners have a short, mid and long term plan with money to back it up, not cry and turn into a charity praying on the love of fans loyalty towards a club..

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Well I'm probably going to have to as I think my Dad is helping collect. But normally, no.

I feel for the fans, but clubs need to start going to the wall if we're ever going to get change. Limping along on life support does noone any good.

If we were any other business we would have gone to the wall about 13 years ago.

Ian1779

Surely the best we can do is give them their proportion of the ticket money from Saturday's game. The more of us that go, the more they will get. Which will also include their fans.

marcus87

Surely the best we can do is give them their proportion of the ticket money from Saturday's game. The more of us that go, the more they will get. Which will also include their fans.

Yeah great idea lets give what little money we have away since they were so charitable to us

NorthernWisdom

Yes I would and yes I will. About time we left the partisan bit of football to inside the ground only, and get on board with realising we all need each other.

United we stand, divided we fall... to owners who realise they're stringer if they all work together.

Covstu

Already done it.....we as a club should be able to sympathise with their plight over any other club in the land. For those who think Northampton are to blame for our move there, need to get a grip on reality

Grendel

Yeah great idea lets give what little money we have away since they were so charitable to us

Their fans did nothing to us. Don't be an idiot.

Ian1779

So are we going to NOPM the game because Northampton will get some gate money??

Almost as ridiculous as the time the NOPM brigade went to the Emirates for the FA Cup tie....

Users who are viewing this thread