Wilson V Collins (1 Viewer)

Feb57

Collins played at Wimbledon and did nothing of note

Hobo

I'd like to see Collins just because Wilson's poor distribution is exposed even more when a team is trying to play out from the back

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
To be honest McFadzean's distribution has been worse this season.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Given he was raved about for having one of the best clean sheet records despite him doing very little to contribute towards it, can we start slating him as we’re not getting clean sheets but it’s not really his fault?

Evo1883

I don't know the numbers , but I'd be interested to see his save % this season

Just looked

69% 15th in league

jordan210

I don't know the numbers , but I'd be interested to see his save % this season

Just looked

69%

jiggity GIF

Legia Sky Blue

Calling it now Collins Starts Monday

Wilson was nowhere for the goals, but the 3rd in oarticular was horse shit. Came towards then backed off and jumped out of the way

Robins has been waiting for an excuse to Play Collins, now he has it

I agree that he was poor for the 3rd goal, but I would be very surprised if MR dropped him right now.

Grendel

Wilson has become one of the best goalkeepers in the championship, and that makes him one of the best ENGLISH keepers in the country.

I don’t think Gareth Southgate will be looking at him for the euros somehow

Offhegoes

Hes been itching to drop him, he hasn't brought Collins in s Bench Warmer he had Moore for that. Trust me
We've conceded 7 goals in 3 games, so there has to be some scrutiny on the keeper + his distribution is pretty poor.
Wouldn't put it past Robins to make some big decsions now.
Collins for Wilson
Thomas / Kitching for Fadz

Legia Sky Blue

I even thought Wilson was terrible for Hulls goal Friday

I agree with a lot of your posts but that smacks me as an example of confirmation bias! You and others on this thread don't rate Wilson so are looking for anything to hang on him, and have been looking to do so ever since he broke into the team instead of Marosi. I don't believe Collins would have saved the Hull goal either, and I don't think he did enough in the Wimbledon or pre season games to mark him out as a better option than Wilson at this moment.

While I agree that Wilson was poor for the 3rd goal last night, his distribution issues seem to be no different to many keepers we play against in this league for teams who also try to play out from the back (Watford & Swansea for instance), and will still apply to Collins if and when he breaks into the team. Saddlebrains is playing up his ITK credentials on this matter, so will be interesting to see if he is right and Collins will replace Wilson on Monday. MR has made surprise decisions before but I would be surprised if he made this one right now.

Terry Gibson's perm

The defence has got leaky compared to last year and he doesn’t save much and has a slow brain when it comes to distribution also regularly takes the wrong option.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I didn't see Collins command his area or dominate at Wimbledon, cannot judge off one game but neither are outstanding at this level but not bad for the budget

Skybluedownunder

Hes been itching to drop him, he hasn't brought Collins in s Bench Warmer he had Moore for that. Trust me

another very weird signing. Really didn’t see the point bringing him in if he’s not considerably better than what we’ve got, if he’s just going to occupy bench we already had Moore for that.
Collins didn’t seem that good in pre season but hopefully he turns out to be a surprise of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Where does the £600k fee I see come from for Collins? Surely we didn’t pay that for a League 1 clubs second choice keeper with a year left on his contract

Saddlebrains

He's picked Wilson on merit and if he's dropped he'll be dropped on merit, much as the keepers always have been here tbh.

Thats literally what im saying. He will be dropped for Collins after his shit showing Tuesday. Soon as Wilson put in a shit performance he was going to be dropped. We all know that, why are you kicking off about it ?

Users who are viewing this thread