Why would anyone buy us? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Yes, seems fair enough.

torchomatic

Well, it wasn't going to work the moment we lost the stadium to Wasps. We. Are. Buggered.

stupot07

I wonder if he is going to write the otherside of the story.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Not sure about the Ego bit.

It would soon get dented when rocking up to play at the Ricoh and seeing everything is Wasps, would be like having an ego about a company car or something.

torchomatic

italiahorse

It would soon get dented when rocking up to play at the Ricoh and seeing everything is Wasps, would be like having an ego about a company car or something.
Structurally it looks more ours than theirs at the moment. Yes Wasps flags and signs but it's all superficial.
I guess if someone bought us they would work with Wasps to promote both teams at the Ricoh.
The bunch of idiots we have at the moment are not building bridges and so everybody rightly just moves on.

Kingokings204

Alternatively this article could be called Why wouldn't sisu sell us...

Hmmm not really. We all know the negatives to ccfc but it's nice onenin a while to see the positives. There are loads and there is money to be made here but it needs ambition and drive and fresh faces.

Ultimately not owning a stadium cripples is but nothing we can do about it now wasps have it. So it's either buy wasps out, move somewhere else or build from scratch on that score.

Calista

Sadly it has NEVER looked like our stadium, especially from the outside. OK, the RICOH logos needed to be red, but whose idea was it not to make the superstructure sky blue? And inside, the tiny badges always were an embarrassment, made doubly so now by the correctly-sized Wasps ones. If and when we ever come to a long-term agreement on use of the stadium, let’s start by putting up decent badges. In fact, there shouldn’t be anything to stop that happening now.

Sky Blue Dal

Some always blame Wasps for our owners inept business failures. It's embarrassing.

I said it before if our owners had not had there little childish tantrums, taken there ball and head to Sixfields, all it resulted in was playing into Wasps hands. Yes the rent was high but all they had to do was pay what they could then try and re-negotiate the rent terms. If the CCC were to evict us it would have played into Sisu's hands and would have been a negative image in the eyes of the people of Coventry.

By staying put it would have been very difficult for the Wasps to owe the stadium let alone get there foot inside. Fact is they played a right blinder and we came out worse all because we decided to leave our home, rip up the contract and rent elsewhere.

Do I think anyone would buy us... I can't see anyone offering more than £4-5 million but I could be wrong. The article sound positive but in reality we are going to really struggle to find buyers. That's how I see it.

Last edited:

Frankley

Sadly it has NEVER looked like our stadium, especially from the outside. OK, the RICOH logos needed to be red, but whose idea was it not to make the superstructure sky blue? And inside, the tiny badges always were an embarrassment, made doubly so now by the correctly-sized Wasps ones. If and when we ever come to a long-term agreement on use of the stadium, let’s start by putting up decent badges. In fact, there shouldn’t be anything to stop that happening now.

You're right about it never really looking like our stadium from the outside... and it used to be worse than it is today. Let's not forget there wasn't a club crest on the outside of the stadium at all when the club started playing there. Paul Fletcher put up a crest without planning permission in 2006:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-badge-goes-up-3127620

It's never felt like home and it never will.

italiahorse

It's never felt like home and it never will.

It never has been ours, we have always rented it.
But belonging is only a feeling and can be overcome.
Sad really, you can't do that, but each to their own.
On match days for me it's our stadium.
Until these Sisu idiots have gone don't expect any Coventry City initiatives to buy into making us feel more like our stadium.

italiahorse

Odd as it may seem to you most people notice the huge signs on the outside and pay little attention to the fact that when they go for a piss the wall is blue.
As always you miss the point !!!
You must go to concerts and just worry that the group don't own the stadium.
Sad really.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

A billionaire who wants to become a millionaire?
Or a hedge fund that loads massive debt onto another Company to reduce it's tax.

Nick

Administrator
Ok Mick , let's see if you can answer this question, have you sent my email to your mate Grendel ?
Have you sent one? I haven't got access but will check in the morning, if there I'll forward it on.

What's that got to do with what you were on about?

Users who are viewing this thread