What do we still need? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I can’t see Allen starting the first game of the campaign if he’s been totally absent from pre-season. Who even knows if Palmer is match fit yet as well.

Yeah think we’ll need an AM in even if just a loan until Jan.

PVA

Isn't that the position that he played the majority of his games with Ostende and in Japan? I guess we just have to wait and see but it wouldn't be a great surprise for him to continue to play in his normal position.

He's played pretty much everywhere in the last few seasons.

I think he's been signed as AM and we'll need a RWB (or two, depending on how he sees Burroughs).

gspotgaz

we’ll certainly need some height at RWB, wouldn’t be surprised if we got Norton cuffy again as I can’t see sakomoto been signed to play there

baldy

New keeper all but done, Moore will leave and I expect Wilson to be backup again.
We need 3/4 CB's, Fadz should only be a bit part this year and I don't think Bidwell is tall enough.
Sakamoto will be first choice RWB with Burroughs cover
Dasilva will be first choice LWB with Bidwell cover
Midfield is fine if we keep Gus
Another striker for sure

I'm not sure Bidwell & Godden will stay if they don't think they will play regularly (which they wont) so will need to replace if they are allowed to leave.

Loans:
Think we will again get two CB loans
maybe a LWB loan as I don't think Jake will stay
A young premier league striker

Wilson won’t be back-up at all

Grendel

It's a friendly, it doesn't really matter. We do need players in quickly but we need the right players.

if it doesn’t matter play Simms in goal and Wilson up front for a laugh then

shmmeee

Can’t believe some of our fans still think Wilson is shit after 20+ clean sheets.

Thing is a modern GK is so much more. This isn’t an argument against Wilson as I think she’s earned the right to continue his progression which last season was astonishing.

But: a keeper will spend far more time kicking the ball out than saving shots. Be it from their hands, goal kicks or pass backs. Attacks start from the keeper these days. Wilson’s distribution is still his weakest area and his shot stopping and command of his area is just OK. Clean sheets are a team measure, Wilson is very well protected. The fact we won it last season was more down to the defence and style of play than heroics on Wilson’s part.

We can definitely upgrade if the right player comes along.

Sky Blue Pete

Thing is a modern GK is so much more. This isn’t an argument against Wilson as I think she’s earned the right to continue his progression which last season was astonishing.

But: a keeper will spend far more time kicking the ball out than saving shots. Be it from their hands, goal kicks or pass backs. Attacks start from the keeper these days. Wilson’s distribution is still his weakest area and his shot stopping and command of his area is just OK. Clean sheets are a team measure, Wilson is very well protected. The fact we won it last season was more down to the defence and style of play than heroics on Wilson’s part.

We can definitely upgrade if the right player comes along.
Yep whilst still recognising his contribution

Skybluedownunder

Will be interesting to see if we sell Godden and Bidwell, I’m open for the big rebuild and getting a fee for them while they hold value to use the money elsewhere but hurry the the fuck up and get players in the door so they can gel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

I suspect with the squad back from Portugal and importantly Robins back in the country the signings will ramp up this week.

I also suspect we will go for at least 4 loan signings in this window.

hamil99

Facebook User
So before the Leicester game we need at least,
CBx2
RWBx1

And before the end of the window we'll need an additional,
CBx2
RWBx1
STx2
CMx1 If Hamer goes.

Ideally you would hope to have all signings in a week before the first game, so they have time to play together especially in defence.

I'm still confident we'll get everything in place, but with almost a complete new team it could take a while to gell. Our start to the season is quite tough, could be a rough first few games.

Briles

Robins very much likes multi positional players however CB ain't really one we can do that with. We need 3 CBs

San Francisco

I hope we minimise our dependency on loans. Much better to get perms in and only bring in loans as backup unless of course we get real quality like Diallo or McNally as starters.

sylus

Pretty much a whole team
this is a worry,we must keep Hamer otherwise we are screwed and i see nothing but a season of struggle, where are our new signings, i think DK is playing us, 18k seasons tickets shows the fans have backed the club, now its time for the club to back Robins and the fans, i know there is still time, but time is running out and nerves are beginning to fray.

Last edited:

procdoc

this is a worry,we must Hamer otherwise we are screwed and i see nothing but a season of struggle, where are our new signings, i think DK is playing us, 18k seasons tickets shows the fans have backed the club, now its time for the club to back Robins and the fans, i know there is still time, but time is running out and nerves are beginning to fray.
We’ve already spent nearly 5 million on new players. We will sign more, chill out

slowpoke

It does for fitness and patterns of play
We do
We do
[pl
Can’t believe some of our fans still think Wilson is shit after 20+ clean sheets.
That’s what they thought when he came in for Moore last September they’ve been proved wrong and hate it, some will come on now and again about the odd dodgy kick out but largely they have melted in to the back ground.

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

I hope we minimise our dependency on loans. Much better to get perms in and only bring in loans as backup unless of course we get real quality like Diallo or McNally as starters.

I think we need a lot more perm to bolster the squad. But you can get 4-5 quality loans which we could never afford transfer wise. They play a very important role.

slowpoke

We are obviously light defensively but can still put a decent one out Tuesday, Burroughs, McFadz. Bidwell. DaSilva, even Sheaf has played the once or twice. I’m more interested on our forward play without Allen we have five decent ones plus Tatsu and up front Simms & Godden. Interesting to see where/if Hamer features too. Robins will have his plans & I fully expect a number to come in in time for the MK Dons and Exeter friendliest.
ffs sake people stop panicking.

mmttww

this is a worry,we must keep Hamer otherwise we are screwed and i see nothing but a season of struggle, where are our new signings, i think DK is playing us, 18k seasons tickets shows the fans have backed the club, now its time for the club to back Robins and the fans, i know there is still time, but time is running out and nerves are beginning to fray.
We've spent £4m plus on players. All improve the squad or first XI. Some people's nerves are shot, some of us get that a squad rebuild isn't gonna be simple or done in a week or two.

We had to wait three weeks to know which League we'd be in. We've been bold in letting a lot of players go. If we're back from Portugal for a week and nothing's changed, fair enough.

slowpoke

Remember we have until the end of August until the window closes, we will be four games and a cup-tie into the season and should know exactly what if anything is needed and unlike last season in fact most past seasons will have money to spend.
And O’Hare to come back.

RoboCCFC90

Need to start getting some defenders in.

At least a RB and two CBs are needed pronto.

I wonder if MR is considering a formation change.

Users who are viewing this thread