skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
Its a lot of words to say i fully support this nonsense isn't it.
I couldn’t care one way or the other about Costa using the image on one whole van at a pride event. I do take issue with the Mail weaponising it and having now read the article now I also take issue with them conflating it with breastfeeding in public spaces.

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
All of this pronouns and transgender shit needs to be called for what it is

Mental health issues
You mean you must have mental health issues if you think people using their freedoms to identify as a pronoun or be transgender is an issue?

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
All this talk of Nazis. Maybe my memory differs from other peoples but wasn’t the Nazis scared of minorities (including non heterosexuals) and targeted/persecuted them as the problem. They even went as far as persecuting people with the wrong shaped nose because of the stereotypes they held of Jewish people. So if you’re going to look down your nose at a minority such trans people and people who identify as a pronoun instead of conforming to what you identify as the “norm” doesn’t that make you the Nazi? Ze no pronoun Nazis.

Reactions: harvey098

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
How isnt it mental health?

'I have a cock but i want a fanny' or vice versa. 'I'm a them'

I know il get leathered for that view but fuck it. I'm really pleased that Homosexuality isn't as frowned upon as it was years back, as no one should feel abused or persecuted for being gay, same with the progress being made with racism, and how we are better off as society now in regards to that as we were a while back

But this whole transgender 'I identify as a fucking loaf of soda bread' bollocks is attention seeking mental weirdo behaviour

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
Pronouns, waah.

A good rule of thumb is if it triggers Daily Mail readers, it's probably a good thing. Fake patriot, right-wing wankers who couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone other than themselves, English or otherwise.

I'll tell you why they want to pick a row over pronouns, it's because they've got the square root of fuck all else to write about and they're trying to divert from anything that might make their paymasters, the Tory donors, look bad - which is everything else going on in the country, basically.

SBT

Sep 14, 2012

I know il get leathered for that view but fuck it. I'm really pleased that Homosexuality isn't as frowned upon as it was years back, as no one should feel abused or persecuted for being gay, same with the progress being made with racism, and how we are better off as society now in regards to that as we were a while back

But this whole transgender 'I identify as a fucking loaf of soda bread' bollocks is attention seeking mental weirdo behaviour
Your opinions about trans people are very similar to the moral panics about gay people back in the 80s, where the suggestion was that this was a mental illness that could somehow be cured, and that children were somehow at risk from even being taught that such people existed etc. As it was, none of that was true, and all it did was cause a lot of unnecessary pain and hardship for people who just wanted to live their lives. You yourself acknowledge it’s a good thing there’s been progress with that (even if the prejudice definitely still exists today) - wouldn’t it be better if we could avoid the same mistakes this time round?

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Pronouns, waah.

A good rule of thumb is if it triggers Daily Mail readers, it's probably a good thing. Fake patriot, right-wing wankers who couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone other than themselves, English or otherwise.

I'll tell you why they want to pick a row over pronouns, it's because they've got the square root of fuck all else to write about and they're trying to divert from anything that might make their paymasters, the Tory donors, look bad - which is everything else going on in the country, basically.

I don't read the daily mail but think its pretty simple

If you're born with a dick you're a male, born with a vagina you're a female

duffer

Oct 28, 2010

Just to clarify, you're saying that anyone who wishes to identify as a different gender or transition, as an "attention seeking mental health weirdo", is that right?

I hope I've misunderstood, because you're right, I'd associate that attitude with someone who belongs in the fucking dark ages. Why would someone choosing to be a different gender to the one they were born with bother you?

Like being people being gay, straight or otherwise, it's none of your or my fucking business, frankly, and I can't see why anyone would get so hugely upset by it. Move on.

Reactions: Skyblueweeman

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Your opinions about trans people are very similar to the moral panics about gay people back in the 80s, where the suggestion was that this was a mental illness that could somehow be cured, and that children were somehow at risk from even being taught that such people existed etc. As it was, none of that was true, and all it did was cause a lot of unnecessary pain and hardship for people who just wanted to live their lives. You yourself acknowledge it’s a good thing there’s been progress with that (even if the prejudice definitely still exists today) - wouldn’t it be better if we could avoid the same mistakes this time round?

I believe sexuality is genetic. Yes there are always environmental factors that can affect it of course

I feel a lot of it is the constant ramming of it down throats. Sam Smith for example. If you want to be that way mate fine crack on, but don't try and influence kids and dress up like a joint of pork whilst telling everyone you identify as a lampshade

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Just to clarify, you're saying that anyone who wishes to identify as a different gender or transition, as an "attention seeking mental health weirdo", is that right?

I hope I've misunderstood, because you're right, I'd associate that attitude with someone who belongs in the fucking dark ages. Why would someone choosing to be a different gender to the one they were born with bother you?

Like being people being gay, straight or otherwise, it's none of your or my fucking business, frankly, and I can't see why anyone would get so hugely upset by it. Move on.

It bothers me when its plastered everywhere for kids to see frankly. Assume you reckon Sam Smith is a 'legend'

ccfctommy

Jul 24, 2008

You know transgenderism has been around for years right? It's nothing to do with Sam Smith or identifying as a loaf of bread.

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
I believe sexuality is genetic. Yes there are always environmental factors that can affect it of course

I feel a lot of it is the constant ramming of it down throats. Sam Smith for example. If you want to be that way mate fine crack on, but don't try and influence kids and dress up like a joint of pork whilst telling everyone you identify as a lampshade

Alright Savage Garden, calm down.

• Haha
Reactions: Saddlebrains

duffer

Oct 28, 2010

Simple solutions for simple minds. One step away from saying men should only be with women, because that's just how it should be.

Some people, quite clearly, feel differently and transitioning makes their lives infinitely more bearable. Who are you to deny them?

Reactions: Skyblueweeman

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Simple solutions for simple minds. One step away from saying men should only be with women, because that's just how it should be.

Some people, quite clearly, feel differently and transitioning makes their lives infinitely more bearable. Who are you to deny them?

Alright Corbyn calm down, i have a view on it, you have a view on it and we disagree is that alright?

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
It bothers me when its plastered everywhere for kids to see frankly. Assume you reckon Sam Smith is a 'legend'

I haven't got a clue who Sam Smith is, but I can see that he bothers you mate. Stop fretting babe, you're not his type and I don't think he/she wants to ram it down your (or anyone else's throat).

You're right though, kids are clearly troubled by men dressing as women and vice versa, ban Pantomime (and Eurovision) immediately - won't somebody please think of the children!

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry

Equally a grown adult is free to do what they want with their own body. Where there is a very fair debate to be had is when at school do you start discussing gender non-conformity.

SBT

Sep 14, 2012

Your beliefs are your beliefs. People smarter than you or I will be able to say whether or not they reflect reality, but people are still going to identify as trans regardless. It’s up to you whether you want to adapt your views or just insist they’re all incorrect and/or crazy.

I’m amazed that you think Sam Smith is being ‘constantly rammed down your throat’ but I can only guess you’re watching and listening to very different stuff to me.

duffer

Oct 28, 2010
Alright Corbyn calm down, i have a view on it, you have a view on it and we disagree is that alright?

Calm down yourself sweetie, you seem to be the one troubled by all of the scary transgender people. x

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013

How did I survive the 70’s and come out the other side as someone who still identifies white heterosexual male after being born a white heterosexual male? Dick Emery, Les Dawson, Roy Baraclough, Alec Guinness regularly identifying as a woman in the constant stream of black and white movies repeated on BBC2, going to the panto at least once a year where men dressed as women and women as men, not to mention the black and white minstrel show still making a regular appearance. How am I not identifying as a black woman with with all that mainstream influence in my childhood?

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
How did I survive the 70’s and come out the other side as someone who still identifies white heterosexual male after being born a white heterosexual male? Dick Emery, Les Dawson, Roy Baraclough, Alec Guinness regularly identifying as a woman in the constant stream of black and white movies repeated on BBC2, going to the panto at least once a year where men dressed as women and women as men, not to mention the black and white minstrel show still making a regular appearance. How am I not identifying as a black woman with with all that mainstream influence in my childhood?

Yea nice one

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
I haven't got a clue who Sam Smith is, but I can see that he bothers you mate. Stop fretting babe, you're not his type and I don't think he/she wants to ram it down your (or anyone else's throat).

You're right though, kids are clearly troubled by men dressing as women and vice versa, ban Pantomime (and Eurovision) immediately - won't somebody please think of the children!
Reported for labelling Sam Smith who is non-binary ...

Saddlebrains

Jul 2, 2019
Coventry
Sean Flanagan Banter GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I haven't got a clue who Sam Smith is, but I can see that he bothers you mate.

You referred to they as he. They would be offended by that.

You need to show some respect

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
George Galloway identifying as a cat on Celebrity Big Brother was far more damaging.

Users who are viewing this thread