What’s it all about? (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

I’m wondering why Trans seems to be ‘The in thing’ ? Equal rights and protected characteristics are important of course.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I’m wondering why Trans seems to be ‘The in thing’ ? Equal rights and protected characteristics are important of course.
In the Mails case it’s because they’re massive snowflakes who think that anything that isn’t 1950’s Britain is scary.

TomRad85

That Costa thing is just weird to anyone outside of a fringe group. The fad will of course die out soon as the public gets more tired of hearing about it and they'll move on to something else.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

That Costa thing is just weird to anyone outside of a fringe group. The fad will of course die out soon as the public gets more tired of hearing about it and they'll move on to something else.

When you say they you mean the Mail?

skybluetony176

I mean Costa really.

The only reason I knew about it was because someone linked the Mail article on here otherwise I’d have been non the wiser. I dare say that’s the same for the majority of non Mail readers. Seems to me this is only an “issue” because outlets like the Mail are making it an issue. Trans people account for less than 0.5% of the population at the last census and only a percentage of them will have transitioned to men. The Mail wants us to be fearful of a percentage of 0.5% of the population. They have to point to that tiny tiny minority as the cause of all our problems. Costa using this image does nothing to break the country anymore than it will do anything to fix the country. The Mail can’t tell you that though because it’s them and their men in power that have broken the country. That’s why the Mail are talking about Costa, it’s the Mails issue not Costa’s.

TomRad85

The only reason I knew about it was because someone linked the Mail article on here otherwise I’d have been non the wiser. I dare say that’s the same for the majority of non Mail readers. Seems to me this is only an “issue” because outlets like the Mail are making it an issue. Trans people account for less than 0.5% of the population at the last census and only a percentage of them will have transitioned to men. The Mail wants us to be fearful of a percentage of 0.5% of the population. They have to point to that tiny tiny minority as the cause of all our problems. Costa using this image does nothing to break the country anymore than it will do anything to fix the country. The Mail can’t tell you that though because it’s them and their men in power that have broken the country. That’s why the Mail are talking about Costa, it’s the Mails issue not Costa’s.
Nope its definitely Costas, people are done with these companies getting into bed with the pronoun nazis. I doubt the people at the top even believe in this nonsense, but its cool innit.

Grendel

So you are saying the costa campaign is a disaster as no one has seen it?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Everyone has a right to live how they want, of course, but if only 0.5% of the population are trans, there is an AWFUL lot of time, bandwidth and column-inches (oo-err missus) devoted to people talking about the subject.

SBT

It was part of a drawing on a Costa van used for Brighton Pride, it’s not a national campaign or anything. Big corporations touting their progressive values can often be weird and are almost always pretty cringeworthy, but I’m struggling to see how this drawing is dangerous to kids. All seems a bit Helen Lovejoy to me.

skybluetony176

Nope its definitely Costas, people are done with these companies getting into bed with the pronoun nazis. I doubt the people at the top even believe in this nonsense, but its cool innit.
Ha ha ha. Pronoun Nazis. Good one. What people? Apart from Mail readers and GB news viewers. Most people couldn’t give a shiny one, and me way or the other.

Grendel

Ha ha ha. Pronoun Nazis. Good one. What people? Apart from Mail readers and GB news viewers. Most people couldn’t give a shiny one, and me way or the other.

For someone who doesn’t care you seem to be commenting a lot

ajsccfc

I wondered why the boycott hashtags and GOWOKEGOBROKE were trending, wasn't expecting it to be a picture on a van.

Flying Fokker

I’m not ’bothered‘ by what people do with their lives. Our society is changing at a rapid rate and we are a diverse bunch up in the Midlands anyway. But even a statistic like 0.5% seems way off the mark and unrepresentative.

TomRad85

I’m not ’bothered‘ by what people do with their lives. Our society is changing at a rapid rate and we are a diverse bunch up in the Midlands anyway. But even a statistic like 0.5% seems way off the mark and unrepresentative.
Closer to 0.00005% i'd imagine

Ian1779

Everyone has a right to live how they want, of course, but if only 0.5% of the population are trans, there is an AWFUL lot of time, bandwidth and column-inches (oo-err missus) devoted to people talking about the subject.
If you were to believe the Daily Mail then the UK population is made up of:

42% immigrants
24% non-whites born in the UK but are secretly immigrants
17% gays
13% trannies who all want to use the wrong toilet
3% of people that identify as domestic pets

There are only 6 ‘proper men’ left in the UK one of which is Laurence Fox

Brighton Sky Blue

If you were to believe the Daily Mail then the UK population is made up of:

42% immigrants
24% non-whites born in the UK but are secretly immigrants
17% gays
13% trannies who all want to use the wrong toilet
3% of people that identify as domestic pets

There are only 6 ‘proper men’ left in the UK one of which is Laurence Fox
Sean Dyche is another surely?

skybluetony176

It was part of a drawing on a Costa van used for Brighton Pride, it’s not a national campaign or anything. Big corporations touting their progressive values can often be weird and are almost always pretty cringeworthy, but I’m struggling to see how this drawing is dangerous to kids. All seems a bit Helen Lovejoy to me.
Just checked. There’s 4.5 million vans registered in the UK and one van in the country had this image on specially for one event and that was enough to trigger the Mail to get the crayons out and write this nonsense. Gets better.

Flying Fokker

Just checked. There’s 4.5 million vans registered in the UK and one van in the country had this image on specially for one event and that was enough to trigger the Mail to get the crayons out and write this nonsense. Gets better.
Either way, it raises awareness. prejudices take a long time to dilute down to an insignificant level. It’s still there at the back of people’s consciousness. As alluded to in an earlier post., many organizations have figureheads that fulfill their legal requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread