We shouldn't try and retain slades services for next season (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

Players confidence was shot to pieces before he came. IF, and its a massive IF he can reinstil this then he will do for me.

Evo1883

I got a like off grendel and i am therefore retiring from this forum as i dont think it could get any better for me! Goodnight and godbless to you all.
I got called a tool for the first time by Grendel , and he used incorrect stats to call me a tool , I should retire from the forum based off that alone , as it doesn't get much sweeter

idm1975

I got called a tool for the first time by Grendel , and he used incorrect stats to call me a tool , I should retire from the forum based off that alone , as it doesn't get much sweeter
And i'm back! Thats usually the norm for him, but have got new found affinity for him now

ccfc92

Fairly amusing. Good one.

giphy.gif

rupert_bear

Careful, some bloke who will not condemn fans for throwing objects that will cause life threatening injuries will take your argument apart.
Agree, but in what they see as desperate times people do do irrational things Grendel that's all I'm pointing out. As our plight worsens protests will worsen imo. I fully expect a lot more in the weeks ahead hopefully peaceful but I think there could be more drastic things happen. Some clearly don't give a shit as with that fan confronting the steward armed with a flare, couldn't give a toss about cameras, banning orders or the old bill

Terry Gibson's perm

I wouldn't let him survive the night he is total garbage he has some how managed to make us look worse than the load of rubbish Venus was dishing up, I thought Venus would do well to get somebody in who has less idea than him but he has managed it. Teams work on things like 10 against 11

Back to the classroom Mr Slade

Slade out

Last edited:

Grendel

My stats of the prior regime referred to Mowbray and Venus so they are correct. The other stat you ignore regarding Mowbray is he has never once in his career stopped a rot. The notion he would here with such limited resources is fanciful in the extreme. He has an Achilles heel and even if his mother stuck his head in the river Styx he'd never have found his plan B

lifeskyblue

The current regime is far worse than the previous. Football is appalling and no idea about winning football matches. We were a lot closer to getting points before. We are now getting hammered regularly by teams that are out of form.
Yes mowbrays summer signings and last January didn't work out but for half a season we were the best side in the division. Now we look like we might not get another victory all season and not too many draws. Just look at Charlton since slade left.
My view remains that the manager doesn't really matter...could be Andy thorn or Alex Ferguson and wouldn't make much difference we would still struggle. This club is rotten to the core.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Slade has never got promotion in 16 years as a manager. He achieved one league two play-off place in 2005.

No he isn't the right man, but maybe SISU would be happy if he can keep the club in league two next season.

skybluedan

should of got mark robins back till end of the season, and I don't even like him

Sky Blue Harry H

It will be interesting to see if TF 'backs' Slade over the next couple of days. But hell of a job to persuade someone to sign who knows they will be heading to L2 next season. For that reason, I'd be scouring the best of the Conference strikers (including a young lummock with potential up front). The end of the window on Tuesday will speak volumes.

dongonzalos

playing long ball with our squad which are totally unsuited to it is Slades fault.

You have me there.
I kept thinking any day we were about to sign a James Hanson type and he had it lined up.
However it didn't happen in time so it was too late to change our style back.
However now I can't argue !!!

skybluetony176

My stats of the prior regime referred to Mowbray and Venus so they are correct. The other stat you ignore regarding Mowbray is he has never once in his career stopped a rot. The notion he would here with such limited resources is fanciful in the extreme. He has an Achilles heel and even if his mother stuck his head in the river Styx he'd never have found his plan B

Were we a promotion chasing team when Mowbray turned up then? Only I could of swore he replaced a manager who had us in a relegation place and Mowbray pulled it out the bag and saved us from the drop before giving us our best season in many a year narrowly missing out on a playoff spot including IIRC five wins on the bounce after a bad run. Your memory is very selective. He stopped the rot twice during his time with us alone.

skybluetony176

As for Slade I'm not sure. He's had some success to varying degrees elsewhere but then so have most managers who have came and failed at City.

ecky

Grendel is 100% correct this all started with Mowbray and his side kick Venus. Started off last season flying but once clubs sussed us was unable to rectify things, wrong players brought in close season and here we are. Clubs sussed the way he sets his teams up and we struggle.
Where is Venus? He's gone very quiet?

clint van damme

Not sure which pub, could of been Thomas Becket pub or the other closer to the ground, a load of NTFC fans were throwing bottles at CCFC fans, one hit the bloke in the head.

and yet some cheeky northampton twat is on here moaning about flares, cheeky bastard.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is more than an argument to suggest SISU want us to be in League 2, but the blame for our current league position lies at the door of Mowbray and Venus, who knew the budget and fucked it up.

Slade hasn't and won't have enough time to prove he is a good manager, and he isn't doing himself any favours, but the reason flair/creative players such as Jones and Reid (TM signings) are not on the pitch is because they are simply not good enough for this level of football. They can't provide anything. Beating a man is useless unless you do something with the ball afterwards. It was the same with Kent, but no one fucking listened because they were too busy wanking whist he was doing stepovers and the rest of the team were playing well.

In short, our squad isn't good enough, and it looks like the door is now pretty much closed for new players. We're going down without a fight, and none of the staff at the club or owners give too much of a shit...

georgehudson

When Northampton were going through a troubled spell,not so long ago, I seem to remember a bucket collection going round the Ricoh, that raised a fair amount of money.
I presume that is to be ignored now ?
More importantly, when is that ARSE Fisher going to be called to account for his vindictive mis-management of OUR club ?

Grendel

playing long ball with our squad which are totally unsuited to it is Slades fault.

Our midfield is shite. The notion we have creativity in midfield is a myth. Also our so called flair players like Reid and Jones were hardly ever featuring prior to Slade arriving. Instead both Mowbray and Venus preferred creating players like Wright and Agyei. What you are really saying is the squad assembled is totally unsuited to league one football.

Grendel

You have me there.
I kept thinking any day we were about to sign a James Hanson type and he had it lined up.
However it didn't happen in time so it was too late to change our style back.
However now I can't argue !!!

The squad he inherited is rubbish with a handful of goals between them. No formation on earth will turn the likes of tudgay or the players Slade released into the type of players we need.

Terry Gibson's perm

Our midfield is shite. The notion we have creativity in midfield is a myth. Also our so called flair players like Reid and Jones were hardly ever featuring prior to Slade arriving. Instead both Mowbray and Venus preferred creating players like Wright and Agyei. What you are really saying is the squad assembled is totally unsuited to league one football.

Our midfield is unused it goes over their heads. Tm cocked up in the summer bringing in the wrong players for the formation and going after players out of our league wage wise, wasting money on renewing Tudgay and Ricketts contracts and not disposing of people like Finch and Haynes

Grendel

Our midfield is unused it goes over their heads. Tm cocked up in the summer bringing in the wrong players for the formation and going after players out of our league wage wise, wasting money on renewing Tudgay and Ricketts contracts and not disposing of people like Finch and Haynes

I agree but trying to say Slade is not using the teams abilities is absurd given the results and performances prior to his arrival.

Our away form in particular has been abysmal all season.

clint van damme

In every way shape and form. Recruitment has been appalling and Slade is just compounding the mess with his baffling tactics.
Maybe he's fighting a losing battle but some of the stuff he's done tells me he hasn't a clue how to turn this round.

Users who are viewing this thread