We shouldn't try and retain slades services for next season (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I have seen enough in just 6 games to realise what I will be watching next season , irrespective of division if this man stays as manager beyond May .
The worst brand of football I have ever witnessed , where creative players like Reid are being sidelined for big lumps who are are their to prevent rather than create .
Players like rose who offer the odd goal being sidelined in favour of players who probably won't score a single goal in an entire season .
Long ball football hoping to score a fluke goal so we can then defend for the remainder of the match irrespective of when the goal was scored .
A manager who would rather hope for a goal than to actually press and get one .
A manager who sounds overly excited about absolutely everything when infact their is naff all to smile about.

Do not retain him for next season , we've suffered enough already

I can't see where a win is coming from with his brand of football , it's truly abysmal

Sterling Archer

I really don't want to jump on Slade and pick faults this early on in his tenure but he's certainly making hard not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Look, I don't know none is us do if Slade improved us BUT as he said in interview you can plot and plan until blue in the face someone gets sent off after 19 minutes especially a key defender and all plans are up in the air, managers can't legislate for that. And of course a defender gets dismissed and there has to be a number of changes to compensate

shmmeee

He was clearly brought in to get us to stay up ugly. I can't see him being here unless he pulls off a miracle.

Grendel

I have seen enough in just 6 games to realise what I will be watching next season , irrespective of division if this man stays as manager beyond May .
The worst brand of football I have ever witnessed , where creative players like Reid are being sidelined for big lumps who are are their to prevent rather than create .
Players like rose who offer the odd goal being sidelined in favour of players who probably won't score a single goal in an entire season .
Long ball football hoping to score a fluke goal so we can then defend for the remainder of the match irrespective of when the goal was scored .
A manager who would rather hope for a goal than to actually press and get one .
A manager who sounds overly excited about absolutely everything when infact their is naff all to smile about.

Do not retain him for next season , we've suffered enough already

I can't see where a win is coming from with his brand of football , it's truly abysmal

The previous "brand" of football won 7 games in 50 games and averaged barely a goal a game you clueless tool. Mowbray was in the end so fucking useless he signed a striker and played him on the wing.

Evo1883

The previous "brand" of football won 7 games in 50 games and averaged barely a goal a game you clueless tool. Mowbray was in the end so fucking useless he signed a striker and played him on the wing.
Grendel , if you wish I can pick apart your claims 1 by 1 and make you look Clueless , however I'm guessing you would rather I didn't .
Me personally have never took it upon myself to take you overly serious like some do here , but if you want to start lobbing insults , I can quite easily turn the screw on you , your choice .
Just think before you speak tut tut

ccfc92

So you're saying Slade is the man for the CCFC job? You have confidence in him?

Hobo

You miss the point. Slade is showing nothing. Remember Mowbray inherited a poor squad too that was going down and he kept them up with no transfer window.

As I said on another post, it is not the results so far under Slade that worry me. But as yet he has not improved this side at all despite bringing in new faces. His tactics are totally limited.

It is about time people stopped blaming manager after manager and start looking at the policies that have led us here.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

Grendel is 100% correct this all started with Mowbray and his side kick Venus. Started off last season flying but once clubs sussed us was unable to rectify things, wrong players brought in close season and here we are. Clubs sussed the way he sets his teams up and we struggle.

shy_tall_knight

TM was probably waiting for the green light to reinvest the Madder's money onto a top striker, we are at the lower end of the division's budget, all our previous season's strikers went back to their parent clubs, he got it badly wrong but can't be accused of blowing a fortune.

rupert_bear

Another thing Slade has been allowed to bring players up to a point, but as I thought not players we all know we are desperate for a tough nut midfielder and a centre forward, let's see what Tuesday night bring recruitment wise. Not a lot I think

Hobo

Grendel is 100% correct this all started with Mowbray and his side kick Venus. Started off last season flying but once clubs sussed us was unable to rectify things, wrong players brought in close season and here we are. Clubs sussed the way he sets his teams up and we struggle.

No it didn't. Poor recruitment and retention goes back to the appointment of Thorn. Club policy is the fault of our demise.

lifeskyblue

I'm not bLaming Mowbray, Venus or slade or indeed Presley et al. We are and have been for years a club in crisis. Difference now is it is clear that ccfc is rotten from the top (owners who don't give a damn) to the bottom (players who don't sweat for the shirt)

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Careful, some bloke who will not condemn fans for throwing objects that will cause life threatening injuries will take your argument apart.

Grendel

This 100% , I also do not think we would be going down if Mowbray was still manager , we were playing ok just not scoring .
I believe it would have come , but now we look a lot worse than at any point under Mowbray

We don't. He played the one striker we had on the wing.

Grendel

Yea except he's not correct
We lost 18 in his last 50
Won 15 drew 17

So no he is incorrect in his baseless argument

Nope. I put Mowbray and Venus together as the brand.

Evo1883

We don't. He played the one striker we had on the wing.
Based on the simple fact that you haven't got an actual reply to being proved wrong , and then you say we don't look worse than we did under Mowbray .
I can now safely assume you have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about Grendel , just stick to talking accounts, you seem half decent at that.
And please pull up statistics on deaths or injuries from flairs around Europe where almost every ground appears to be littered with them , thanks again.

Ps we had more than 1 striker , wether you deem them good enough to play central is another discussion

Grendel

Grendel , if you wish I can pick apart your claims 1 by 1 and make you look Clueless , however I'm guessing you would rather I didn't .
Me personally have never took it upon myself to take you overly serious like some do here , but if you want to start lobbing insults , I can quite easily turn the screw on you , your choice .
Just think before you speak tut tut

Go on then. Start making me look clueless and pick out my arguments one by one.

Can I start this?

I completely condemn any supporter who today through a weapon that if it struck a ball boy or anyone else could cause like changing injuries. You said you couldn't condemn such a person.

Explain why. Over to you.

Evo1883

Can I start this?

I completely condemn any supporter who today through a weapon that if it struck a ball boy or anyone else could cause like changing injuries. You said you couldn't condemn such a person.

I see flairs around stadiums all over the world , every week , please pull up a statistics on actual deaths or injuries due to flairs in stadiums .
Used as a weapon is not true , thrown on the pitch better suits this argument..over to you

And again it wasn't 7 wins in 50 ...was it

Grendel

And please pull up statistics on deaths or injuries from flairs around Europe where almost every ground appears to be littered with them , thanks again.

Oh my god.

Evo1883

Oh my god.
Well no it's a simple question , you are accusing Coventry fans of using flairs as weapons which isn't true .
I'm asking you to provide me statistics that say flairs in stadiums have caused death or injury , and why are clubs still slack , in that flairs are still getting into stadia all over the world and Britain btw , if they "endanger life "

Last edited:

Grendel

Evo1883

With respect I hardly think anyone who chucked one is using it as a weapon. As for death and injury if you insist.

Flares and smoke bombs: The ugly side of the beautiful game - BBC News
Fair play for pulling up the statistics

You have given examples of 4 deaths , whilst it's too many as you would like it to be ZERO
It hardly warrants the overreaction on here to flairs /smoke being thrown ONTO the pitch .
Potentially dangerous and potentially life threatening

Now I wonder as a counter argument how many people have been injured through falling at games through alcohol consumption , or fighting through alcohol induced anger .

Now shall we ban alcohol from every single stadium because the potential is their to cause serious injury to ones self or another .

No it's a ridiculous argument
On balance the chances of being killed from a flair at a stadium are pretty much minimum , if you can only pull up 4 deaths in 20 years

But maybe I should have made my point clear , my argument with you was about Tony Mowbray and statistics .
You can swing it to be about flares if you like , but my initial response was about you calling me a clueless tool despite putting up factually incorrect statistics to tell me I'm a tool , which i found funny

Last edited:

clint van damme

I would sack the c**t tomorrow given half a chance.
The only way that style of football can be excused is if you're getting results and we clearly aren't.
I would never normally call for a managers head this early in his tenure but what his team is serving up if fucking shocking.

idm1975

Can I start this?

Not that i am completely condoning it but the ball boys would have prob been in more danger if we had shot at the goal.

Grendel

Not that i am completely condoning it but the ball boys would have prob been in more danger if we had shot at the goal.

Fairly amusing. Good one.

idm1975

I got a like off grendel and i am therefore retiring from this forum as i dont think it could get any better for me! Goodnight and godbless to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread