Wasps (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Love it how someone mentions 20,000 required by Wasps and people take it on board as fact.
Just like 23,000 was required for CCFC yet evidently (TF) we are now cash positive on 7,000.

Hopefully Sisu now know they won't get the Ricoh cheap and will piss off.

This cash flow positive thing is temporary, in the close season they will inevitably be cash flow negative, all clubs are! It is the balance over a season or more that is important.

J

Jack Griffin

WASPS working on a match average per season of 20000 (paying) tickets and 1500 covers in the restaurant etc

They will never get that will they?

Looking at last year, Leic Tigers averaged 22K, then there were 7 other teams averaging over 10K, pretty evenly spread from 18K to 11K.. Wasps averaged 14K, so they must have played somewhere else than Adams park a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

duffer

I do, surly the bigger crowds they get hopefully they will be able to keep CCFC rent down, something someone could ask at the Trust meeting on Monday....

Why would they want to keep CCFC rent down? Wasps are a business, not a charity. They'll want CCFC to pay as much as they can afford - Wasps crowds will be an irrelevance to this.

I don't know whether some people here have really grasped this yet - Wasps buying out ACL isn't (despite CCC claims) likely to benefit the club. We might, as fans, been able to put some pressure on the council to cut CCFC a deal on certain things, we'll have very little chance of making Wasps do that.

All Wasps will want from us is the rent, their only interest in us is that we survive to maintain those payments.

stupot07

They will never get that will they?

Looking at last year, Leic Tigers averaged 22K, then there were 7 other teams averaging over 10K, pretty evenly spread from 18K to 11K.. Wasps averaged 14K, so they must have played somewhere else than Adams park a few times.

A number of them must have played "home" fixtures at different unless
London Irish, harlequins, Saracens and wasps all have stadiums with capacity of 60k+....and I don't believe Adams park meet the 15k Heineken cup requirement...

So the stats are a bit skewed. http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/HomeAttendance?comp_id=436

http://archive.nowrugby.com/mb/index.php?p=/discussion/123686/attendance-figures-2013-14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

MichaelCCFC

Why would they want to keep CCFC rent down? Wasps are a business, not a charity. They'll want CCFC to pay as much as they can afford - Wasps crowds will be an irrelevance to this.

I don't know whether some people here have really grasped this yet - Wasps buying out ACL isn't (despite CCC claims) likely to benefit the club. We might, as fans, been able to put some pressure on the council to cut CCFC a deal on certain things, we'll have very little chance of making Wasps do that.

All Wasps will want from us is the rent, their only interest in us is that we survive to maintain those payments.

If the rumours are right, the rent we are paying is minimal so cannot be a key part of wasps business strategy when they need to be covering the £3m losses they've been making each season and presumably they would like to make a lot more than that to turn wasps into a truly top franchise. No one has provided a single fact as to why wasps will be good for ccfc - it's just wishful thinking and desperation for something good to happen to us. It is far more likely that Wasps plan is based on maximising non-sporting revenue from the ricoh with ccfc arguably an irrelevance in wasps overall plan.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If the rumours are right, the rent we are paying is minimal so cannot be a key part of wasps business strategy when they need to be covering the £3m losses they've been making each season and presumably they would like to make a lot more than that to turn wasps into a truly top franchise. No one has provided a single fact as to why wasps will be good for ccfc - it's just wishful thinking and desperation for something good to happen to us. It is far more likely that Wasps plan is based on maximising non-sporting revenue from the ricoh with ccfc arguably an irrelevance in wasps overall plan.

Well Michael we are an irrelevance to a lot of people including the majority of fans we had seven years ago.

Tonylinc

Nail on head Micheal. Wasps have bought into the stadium for non sporting events income. However, they will undoubtedly wish for a successful CCFC to go along side that as that will increase its viability as a venue.

MichaelCCFC

Well Michael we are an irrelevance to a lot of people including the majority of fans we had seven years ago.

You're not wrong. I hadn't been to Colchester before and it was another one of those moments of realising how far we have fallen. In our eyes we remain important but for wasps it seems they're doing excellent pr but when they are striving to be a top rugby brand the idea that their ambition might include concern for a third tier football team with crowds of 8k seems fanciful

The Gentleman

Duffer, I usually agree with a lot of what you say on this forum but can you please explain to me how exactly we as fans putting pressure on CCC would have got CCFC a good deal. Because surely for that to happen then Sisu/Otium would have to get on board. That has never been the case and wouldn't have been at the eleventh hour, the bid they put in was only to keep the remaining fans of CCFC happy because they knew that bid would never have been accepted. Anybody who thinks different is fooling themselves. Don't forget, we are building a new stadium.................

MichaelCCFC

My wish now is for them to make an offer for the football club. How likely do you think that that is?

Just don't see why they'd want to. they want to be a top rugby brand. Why handicap that by taking on a third tier football basketcase which requires major investment to make progress and is never likely to be a brand like man u, chelsea etc. We would just be a drain on wasps resources and distract from their actual ambition

covmark

My wish now is for them to make an offer for the football club. How likely do you think that that is?
This again??
I can't think of anything worse, swapping shit hedge fund for a bunch of idiots who have no qualms about franchising sports teams.

On the plus side for some on here, it'll give you someone else to fawn over until they show their true colours.

The Gentleman

This again??
I can't think of anything worse, swapping shit hedge fund for a bunch of idiots who have no qualms about franchising sports teams.

On the plus side for some on here, it'll give you someone else to fawn over until they show their true colours.

What do you propose then? happy to stick with Sisu because their plan seems to be working well, doesn't it? Can you guarantee 100% that Wasps would be as bad as SiSU, because I can tell you 100% that Sisu have been a total disaster.

italiahorse

This again??

They have shown there true colours.
They have committed to the Ricoh within minutes rather than pussy around and put the club back at least 50 years.

Moff

They have committed to the Ricoh within minutes rather than pussy around and put the club back at least 50 years.

Jesus you really love Wasps dont you.

Now can you explain why the fekk they would want to buy my club? I say my as I am not really sure if you just post on here as a Wasps fan now?*

(*Joke)

Brighton Sky Blue

What do you propose then? happy to stick with Sisu because their plan seems to be working well, doesn't it? Can you guarantee 100% that Wasps would be as bad as SiSU, because I can tell you 100% that Sisu have been a total disaster.

Nobody can guarantee anything in the future. However look at the layers of holding companies in Wasps' business which ultimately lead to a generically named company registered in Malta. Derek Richardson is no different to Seppala-he relocated the club to Coventry for starters.

fernandopartridge

Nobody can guarantee anything in the future. However look at the layers of holding companies in Wasps' business which ultimately lead to a generically named company registered in Malta. Derek Richardson is no different to Seppala-he relocated the club to Coventry for starters.

The parallels with SISU are uncanny.

Sick Boy

It's depressing that many have learnt nothing from having sisu as owners and are desperate for Wasps to take us over.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's depressing that many have learnt nothing from having sisu as owners and are desperate for Wasps to take us over.

Wasps wouldn't even be the ones taking us over. It would be 'Fiduciary Holdings Ltd' or something to that effect.

letsallsingtogether

Why the hell would the owner of Wasps take over CCFC he has a few Quid, but he would have to have a lot more to take us over.
Or will Sisu take the debt with them for free?

Owning one club is madness owning 2 non profitable clubs is just suicidal..

The Gentleman

The parallels with SISU are uncanny.

At least they know how to buy a stadium. Just imagine if the parallels were uncanny and Sisu could've actually bought the Ricoh. Mind you, what would some of the drama queens on here have to moan about if Wasps hadn't bought the Ricoh, oh yes that's it, they would be moaning about a white elephant or something about CCC.

covmark

At least they know how to buy a stadium. Just imagine if the parallels were uncanny and Sisu could've actually bought the Ricoh. Mind you, what would some of the drama queens on here have to moan about if Wasps hadn't bought the Ricoh, oh yes that's it, they would be moaning about a white elephant or something about CCC.
Or they'd be moaning about a Coventry children's charity being ripped off. Or the community asset is in the grubby hands of the evil Sisu.

oldfiver

"True Colours" ?? abandoned their London home and moved 70 miles

"Minutes"??? They have been lurking for about 2 years

Didn't have to "pussy foot" CCC were desperate to get anyone in except SISU and have put it in a cat bowl for them

skybluetony176

Why the hell would the owner of Wasps take over CCFC he has a few Quid, but he would have to have a lot more to take us over.
Or will Sisu take the debt with them for free?

Owning one club is madness owning 2 non profitable clubs is just suicidal..

I think you've hit the nail on the head LAST. Unless SISU take their debt with them Administration is the only way someone would take us on.

MichaelCCFC

I do, surly the bigger crowds they get hopefully they will be able to keep CCFC rent down, something someone could ask at the Trust meeting on Monday....

Chief Exec of a southern rugby club turns up in the West Midlands at a meeting for football supporters - only question would seem to be 'are you lost?'

Users who are viewing this thread