Wasps (1 Viewer)

Citysince47

Hi Guys, just to lets you all know that I wrote an very polite email to Wasps early yesterday morning asking if I could have my gold brick back.

As I pointed out to them, the brick was bought for me 10 years ago in recognition of supporting and following CCFC. The brick was supposed to live in the home of the football club. As the stadium is now owned by Wasps and is no longer the home of my football team, then is seems a reasonable request for its return. I also asked what their plans were for the statue of JH. After all whilst the statue may mean something to the supporters of CCFC I can't see that it will mean a jot to the rugby followers.

Many of this forum have stated how wonderful their PR is. Well just to let you know that over 24 hors since sending the email I have not received so much as an acknowledgement.

In short I have the feeling that they are much like our current owners. They don't give a stuff about us

Rant over

Grendel

Let us know if you do get one!

I am sure there will be plenty of people on here justifying wasps PR even if he never gets a response .

duffer

Wasps have got what they wanted, 100% of ACL for 250 years.

Initially their PR was about making a case that the councillors could sell to the Coventry public, which was basically pushing against an open door given what had gone on with SISU.

Now there will be a bit of PR about how great the city is, and how much they want to integrate into it etc. This is of course in the hope of selling more tickets, and saving their council allies a bit of embarassment by making sure the stadium isn't too empty.

As for individual queries about stuff like Jimmy Hill's statue, or the bricks - they couldn't give a f*ck. They've no interest in CCFC fans as individuals, but if enough people kick up a fuss they might address it as damaging to their chances of getting cross over support from CCFC fans.

This is all my opinion, fwiw. And to be clear, I'm not saying that SISU are much better.

Rusty Trombone

We are still playing there, we're there on a rental the same as before Wasps took over ACL, surely the letter needs to go to SISU, they are the ones that want to move out.

italiahorse

Dear Citysince47

The Ricoh can continue to be the home of CCFC if your current incompetent owners wish it to be.

We have however had a request from Sisu for the bricks as they will need half of them to build the the new stadium.
Sisu have also said they have no plans to resite the Jimmy Hill statue as it is brass and has no structural properties whatsoever.
If you have a padded seat then that too is not required due to the new 'Timpot' stadium committee avoiding this colour as it it confuses the players.

Also they said the garden of remembrance can remain where it is as it does not contain enough turf to enable that to be re sited.
They do not see a problem with this as the field in Balsall Common is fairly level and evidently better than the 'Crappy' Ricoh.

Sorry we could not reply within 24 hours but the email initially went into our special junk mail folder labelled 'Jumping the gun'

Hope you can continue to enjoy the 'buzz' around the stadium.

Steve.B50

Do not understand why you would want it back at present?
The RA is our home and we are here for at least the next 4 years or longer depending on what our owners intend to do.
We may not own the Stadium but it is still home.

The Ricoh has much more value with us being tenants.

stupot07

Dear Citysince47

The Ricoh can continue to be the home of CCFC if your current incompetent owners wish it to be.

We have however had a request from Sisu for the bricks as they will need half of them to build the the new stadium.
Sisu have also said they have no plans to resite the Jimmy Hill statue as it is brass and has no structural properties whatsoever.
If you have a padded seat then that too is not required due to the new 'Timpot' stadium committee avoiding this colour as it it confuses the players.

Also they said the garden of remembrance can remain where it is as it does not contain enough turf to enable that to be re sited.
They do not see a problem with this as the field in Balsall Common is fairly level and evidently better than the 'Crappy' Ricoh.

Sorry we could not reply within 24 hours but the email initially went into our special junk mail folder labelled 'Jumping the gun'

login fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

fernandopartridge

Dear Citysince47

You really are a confused person. Do you sometimes dress in women's clothes?

skybluetony176

Shouldn't you have wrote to ACL not Wasps?

I did here that JH's statue was coming with us when we go although it will be remoulded into a statue of JS.

I made the last bit up by the way.

torchomatic

Same thing isn't it?

Shouldn't you have wrote to ACL not Wasps?

I did here that JH's statue was coming with us when we go although it will be remoulded into a statue of JS.

I made the last bit up by the way.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not wishing to defend franchise RFC Wasps or ACL or anything to do with the shitbags....BUT its only been 24 hours (realistically probably about 12 working hours) & you're bitching like this is an urgent time sensitive critical issue that requires resolving RIGHT NOW!!!!

I'd suggest that the new owners of ACL in all likelyhood are a proper bunch of cunts......but not because they have yet to respond to a petty email.....

Anyway....enough of all this moaning shite......What day is it???

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS !!!

Last edited:

chiefdave

Is it possible to remove the bricks individually, are they even full bricks or just something stuck to a brick?

For me while we're still playing there everything should remain where it is. If and when we move then I guess it would be down to individual brick 'owners' to decide what they want to do. The JH statue and memorial garden might be trickier. If the new ground (not that there is actually likely to be one) is outside Cov I can see there being objections to moving those, it may be better to move them to a more acceptable location within the city.

richnrg

i've heard that Wasps are planning to stick a brass rugby ball on the end of Jimmy Hills (statue) hand so that he looks like he's taking a lineout.

The Reverend Skyblue

I believe come Xmas wasps will be the new owners of CCFC.

To fulfill the potential of the Ricoh a 18-20,000 crowd every other Saturday and the potentail crowd for Wasps games on the other weekend then they know that would be a money maker, and that's if we are not that successful .

With the non football venues making money 24/7 ,and the two teams playing at the same stadium on a top class pitch ,that they can sit back and count the money.

Buying us also would start to build a relationship with the Cov non rugby crowd who they can then tempt with ticket offers to get them into egg chasing.

They know how desperate the fans are to get rid of SISU, and that gratification of the Cov football fans they can tap into and start to build a fan base here.

sisu for me have nowhere to go,without potentially spending 35-40 million that they may never get back if the crowds stay away like they are, many of them staying away because of just them and vowing never to comeback until they have gone, and I can not see how SISU can ever get them back ,new stadium or not

Last edited:

Grendel

i've heard that Wasps are planning to stick a brass rugby ball on the end of Jimmy Hills (statue) hand so that he looks like he's taking a lineout.

No doubt Italia, The Jerker and Council Dave will be praising their brilliant marketing initiative.

stupot07

I just can't see it Rev. The amount of cash investment needed to make ccfc successful, given that wasps are making losses of £3m per annum, completely negates the financial benefits of buying the Ricoh. ACL currently make c£750k per annum in a normal year, so wasps are going to still make c£2m losses for the next couple of seasons.

We won't get be getting 18-20k every week without being in the championship and doing well in the championship, that means spending quite a bit both in terms of transfers and wages, they would need to redirect revenues into the club + a significant amount on top per annum to achieve this.

Then with revenues redirected into ccfc (whilst also making losses/further investment), wasps won't be making as much revenue to redirect and fund their losses, so they will be making losses too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Who actually owns the Statue?

TFA paid for it through donations.

Did ACL or Sisu actually contribute?

Conspiracy Theory - Starring Derek Richardson as the Bond Villain

Richardson HQ, deep in the heart of Surrey.

DR: Flunkey!
F: Yes Boss?
DR: I want a Premiership Football Club like that Abramovich bloke.
F: I’m sorry Sir, you don’t have that sort of money.
DR: Well that bloke from Wigan did it, I can’t be far behind him.
F: Dave Whelan? Well he brought he club he loves up from the lower leagues after committing a lifetime to it.
DR: Well come up with a plan, that doesn’t spend too much money and doesn’t involve all that commitment bullshit.
F: What about Coventry City, they’re in the Championship, rent a readymade Premiership standard stadium, buy the stadium and I reckon you’d be half way there.
DR: Hello. Is that Coventry City Coucil
CCC: Yes
DR: My name’s Derek Richardson I’d like to take the Ricoh Arena off your hands at a knock down price.
CCC: OK, we want rid, but what’s in it for us?
DR: Err, nothing.
CCC: Well Fuck Off then.

Two years later, back at Richardson HQ, deep in the heart of Surrey.

DR: If we want a stadium like the Ricoh we need a top class sports team, where can I get one?
F: Wasps are nearly broke.
DR: Right buy them.
F: They’re not really top class anymore, they could get relegated.
DR: Well, if they stay up, spend a bit of money, it shouldn’t take much it’s only a fucking minority sport after all. And while you’re at it get my tailor on the line, I’m going to need a tweed jacket.

Two years later, back at Richardson HQ, deep in the heart of Surrey.

DR: Hello. Is that Coventry City Coucil
CCC: Yes
DR: My name’s D….err Wasps we’d like to take the Ricoh Arena off your hands at a knock down price.
CCC: OK, we want rid, but what’s in it for us?
DR: We’ll bring a top class sports brand to your fantastic city.
CCC: Aren’t Wasps a London team?
DR: Don’t worry about the technicalities darlin’, leave that to me.
CCC: Are you Derek Richardson?
DR: No, never heard of him.
CCC: Oh, OK then.

Back at Richardson HQ, deep in the heart of Surrey.

DR: Right. What was the plan again?
F: Good news or Bad news?
F: Well, Coventry are now your tenants.
DR: Good, paying me, just how it should be.
F: They’re in League One though.
DR: What, the top league already, I thought you said Bad News.
F: Sorry Sir, League One is actually the third division.
DR: What!!! This is beginning to sound like Whelan’s story. Who’s job was it to watch them?
F: We couldn’t get anyone, they were playing in Northampton, who knew.

DR: Well, buy them anyway. Do a Wasps, spend a bit of money, see what happens. If it starts going tits up, threaten to move them to London that’ll shut them up, I hear that Fernandez bloke wants to get out of Loftus Road.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Is it possible to remove the bricks individually, are they even full bricks or just something stuck to a brick?

For me while we're still playing there everything should remain where it is. If and when we move then I guess it would be down to individual brick 'owners' to decide what they want to do. The JH statue and memorial garden might be trickier. If the new ground (not that there is actually likely to be one) is outside Cov I can see there being objections to moving those, it may be better to move them to a more acceptable location within the city.

The people of Coventry going up to support franchise Wasps might spot that the city also has a football team. Best hide any trace of it.

Flying Fokker

I just can't see it Rev. The amount of cash investment needed to make ccfc successful, given that wasps are making losses of £3m per annum, completely negates the financial benefits of buying the Ricoh. ACL currently make c£750k per annum in a normal year, so wasps are going to still make c£2m losses for the next couple of seasons.

We won't get be getting 18-20k every week without being in the championship and doing well in the championship, that means spending quite a bit both in terms of transfers and wages, they would need to redirect revenues into the club + a significant amount on top per annum to achieve this.

Then with revenues redirected into ccfc (whilst also making losses/further investment), wasps won't be making as much revenue to redirect and fund their losses, so they will be making losses too.

It would be some owner that has a stake in both a PREMIERSHIIP Football club and a Premier League Rugby team in the same stadium.

Turning it in to a sporting club

J

Jack Griffin

Who actually owns the Jimmy Hill statue? I contributed a modest sum to the sculptors fee and I'm sure many other fans did too, the bulk of the money came from an appeal that Joe Elliot was involved with. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10326045

AndreasB

Hi Guys, just to lets you all know that I wrote an very polite email to Wasps early yesterday morning asking if I could have my gold brick back.

As I pointed out to them, the brick was bought for me 10 years ago in recognition of supporting and following CCFC. The brick was supposed to live in the home of the football club. As the stadium is now owned by Wasps and is no longer the home of my football team, then is seems a reasonable request for its return. I also asked what their plans were for the statue of JH. After all whilst the statue may mean something to the supporters of CCFC I can't see that it will mean a jot to the rugby followers.

Many of this forum have stated how wonderful their PR is. Well just to let you know that over 24 hors since sending the email I have not received so much as an acknowledgement.

In short I have the feeling that they are much like our current owners. They don't give a stuff about us

Rant over

If I were them I would pull it out the wall and chuck through your window for being such a whining twat. The club are still there aren't they?

shy_tall_knight

Many of the posters on here can no longer complain about Higgs or CCC are now turning their attention to WASPS whilst SISU carry on blame free but not debt free

duffer

Richardson HQ, deep in the heart of Surrey.

DR: Flunkey!
F: Yes Boss?

DR: Well, buy them anyway. Do a Wasps, spend a bit of money, see what happens. If it starts going tits up, threaten to move them to London that’ll shut them up, I hear that Fernandez bloke wants to get out of Loftus Road.

SFP, I wouldn't want to lie and say that I welcome the fact that Wasps are here, but it's always good to have someone with a sense of humour on the forum.

Having said that, I wonder if there's more truth in this than we know. Owning both clubs and the stadium makes more sense than the current deal I'd venture...

John_Silletts_Nose

Rant over

Is this a WUM or is it real?

Assuming it's a real comment:
- You should contact ACL as it is their responsibility.
- Have you asked CCFC about your brick when they left the City of Coventry?
- Have you asked ACL in the past about your brick?
- Who owns the physical brick? (should be in the contract)
- What is the normal response time stated by ACL for queries?

Father Jack loves his brick, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcKPuPvcWU

Users who are viewing this thread