Wasps signs have actually gone!! (5 Viewers)

skyblue1991

Rugby never ceases to amaze me. The Worcester Warriors name is disappearing but they are hijacking the Stourbridge club and “rebranding” them as Sixways Rugby to groundshare with Wasps at Worcester! Wasps may just be a concept that can go anywhere, but surely Stourbridge must be a local rugby club for that town. Are the people at that club happy to be rebranded and moved?
It's very USA franchise isn't it

Other than MK Dons it will never happen in football

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

zuni

I won’t be happy till the last wasps sign is removed from in the ground…very sight still winds me up, wasp…more like fucking magpies.

skybluelee

I won’t be happy till the last wasps sign is removed from in the ground…very sight still winds me up, wasp…more like fucking magpies.
Inside the main players entrance the walls are covered with huge Wasps pictures. When we were there 3 weeks ago they were covered up with City flags. We were told there was an imminent refurb of the area which I'm assuming includes the removal of the Wasps stuff.

We were also told the huge Wasps logo on the floor in the tunnel was going to be removed shortly. It's already flaking and I took great pleasure in removing a bit more of it myself. :)

D

Deleted member 5612

Inside the main players entrance the walls are covered with huge Wasps pictures. When we were there 3 weeks ago they were covered up with City flags. We were told there was an imminent refurb of the area which I'm assuming includes the removal of the Wasps stuff.

We were also told the huge Wasps logo on the floor in the tunnel was going to be removed shortly. It's already flaking and I took great pleasure in removing a bit more of it myself. :)
Sorry if I've missed read, were you given any insight to when the signs in stands and awful seat arrangement might go?

D

Deleted member 5612

If they don't produce the goods by Valentine's Day they won't even be able to play in the championship. Fingers crossed

Reactions: vow

Old Warwickshire lad

Rugby never ceases to amaze me. The Worcester Warriors name is disappearing but they are hijacking the Stourbridge club and “rebranding” them as Sixways Rugby to groundshare with Wasps at Worcester! Wasps may just be a concept that can go anywhere, but surely Stourbridge must be a local rugby club for that town. Are the people at that club happy to be rebranded and moved?
Played against Stourbridge many times. Good club,and people who are proud of Stourbridge name.
Think there must have been a lot of opposition, wonder how they got it through?

Hobo

Really? Makes me chuckle every time I see it. 😂

chiefdave

If they don't produce the goods by Valentine's Day they won't even be able to play in the championship. Fingers crossed
not the best start, on their website the only article, from back in December, states "Wasps are delighted to announce their return for the 2023/24 season, with confirmation they have now fully satisfied Rugby Football Union (RFU) requirements". Day one and the bullshit has started again as they clearly haven't.

Sbarcher

Anything to do with Sixways will be about property ownership and development. There are acres of land associated with Warriors and in a great position for industry/housing. This will be the ultimate prize.

chiefdave

Why on earth when they were totally skint did they spend money on a shit rebrand and then not even bother to jet wash the outline of the old logo off the wall.

Hope Frasers give the place a good clean. I know there's millions in maintenance that needs doing but you could relatively cheaply and quickly make the place look a lot better with a decent clean and coat of paint

Ash

Did they mention at all whether this will be replaced with CCFC branding?

It’s something that’s always bothered me a bit with the CBS, it’s always felt it could be dressed up a lot more with our branding to make it known that a football club called Coventry City play there. We had to deal with the pest’s shite overshadowing us but we’ve got a great opportunity now to finally out that right as long as Fraser’s agree to it!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Why on earth when they were totally skint did they spend money on a shit rebrand and then not even bother to jet wash the outline of the old logo off the wall.

Hope Frasers give the place a good clean. I know there's millions in maintenance that needs doing but you could relatively cheaply and quickly make the place look a lot better with a decent clean and coat of paint
Speaking of improvements, was it me or did the PA sound much clearer yesterday?

Julie SBA

Did they mention at all whether this will be replaced with CCFC branding?

It’s something that’s always bothered me a bit with the CBS, it’s always felt it could be dressed up a lot more with our branding to make it known that a football club called Coventry City play there. We had to deal with the pest’s shite overshadowing us but we’ve got a great opportunity now to finally out that right as long as Fraser’s agree to it!
it would seem so 😁

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And have we got back our old changing rooms? The one with the warm up room.

slowpoke

The letters in the seats need removing next
Agree, are those Wasp badges still on the seats where the manager & subs sit still there ? If they are at the very least they need something over them tv cameras pick them up all the time.
If they are perhaps they could raffle the seats off to the thousands of mourning Wasps fans. Bit of pocket money for big Mike.

Last edited:

Bad Boy

not the best start, on their website the only article, from back in December, states "Wasps are delighted to announce their return for the 2023/24 season, with confirmation they have now fully satisfied Rugby Football Union (RFU) requirements". Day one and the bullshit has started again as they clearly haven't.
Towrags.

Users who are viewing this thread