Wasps signs have actually gone!! (2 Viewers)

Grendel

It's just that on another thread on here you said there was never a written agreement for a new pitch yet on there you said Wasps agreed on a new pitch??

no they promised one - it’s pretty much only you that seems to think this was in a contract. It’s just a promise which was said and not in writing

tisza

In theory the club could be back in the premier league it 2 years

the business allowed nearly £70m of external debt to build up and many small businesses will be hugely impacted and some may not fully recover

it’s just not acceptable
It's a disgrace. Huge chunk taxpayers money. Absolute joke that RFU can make them pay rugby creditors but no-one can make them repay the taxpayer.
Get back in premiership and rugby people will be hailing it as a success

Grendel

Nelly Welly Wasp. (If you can believe anyone would use a handle like that).

i didn’t realise who used to be a big ccfc fan

Sbarcher

Our friends are back in the news again. Playing at Worcester next season. Worcester Warriers disappearing to be called Sixways Rugby and groundshare with them.

Sbarcher

My old boss Cecil Duckworth will be turning in his grave. He spent millions building Sixways and funding Worcester Rugby.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It's a disgrace. Huge chunk taxpayers money. Absolute joke that RFU can make them pay rugby creditors but no-one can make them repay the taxpayer.
Get back in premiership and rugby people will be hailing it as a success
2bf that’s not just rugby, football has exactly the same rule

CCFC54321

Our friends are back in the news again. Playing at Worcester next season. Worcester Warriers disappearing to be called Sixways Rugby and groundshare with them.
I fully expect thousands upon thousands of the Coventry public like the few wasps fans on Twitter claim to be now be passionately following them will be getting over to Worcester?

I mean, they say that the Coventry public embraced there arrival and were the main player in the city that adopted them with delight. Such a shame covid arrived.

Fuck right off!!!

tisza

2bf that’s not just rugby, football has exactly the same rule
Been just as critical about football on this subject. The rugby (and football) authorities allow this financial mismanagement whilst protecting the interests in the own little fiefdoms.
Also blame govts for allowing them to get away with it.

edgy

Has this been confirmed?

Last I read was they have until next week to meet requirements to even play next season.

Sky Blue Harry H

I fully expect thousands upon thousands of the Coventry public like the few wasps fans on Twitter claim to be now be passionately following them will be getting over to Worcester?

I mean, they say that the Coventry public embraced there arrival and were the main player in the city that adopted them with delight. Such a shame covid arrived.

Fuck right off!!!

Yes - worrying that the local coach firms won't be able to meet the demand for the mass exodus from Coventry and Warwickshire each match day

1676033324628.png

Warwickhunt

should be able re-use the signs from the CBS so that should save a bit of cash!

RegTheDonk

No surprise as it looks like Worcester won't be rejoining the league and not sure if Stourbridge will pull enough punters to make Sixfields profitable.

Perhaps Wasps will rebrand as Stylops the fkin parasites.

shmmeee

Get a couple of guys down there in hi-vis with a ladder and I reckon you could blag you’re there to remove them and get let in. Anyone with access want to give it a go?

hill83

Where are these people now?
W*nkers!!

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Calista

Rugby never ceases to amaze me. The Worcester Warriors name is disappearing but they are hijacking the Stourbridge club and “rebranding” them as Sixways Rugby to groundshare with Wasps at Worcester! Wasps may just be a concept that can go anywhere, but surely Stourbridge must be a local rugby club for that town. Are the people at that club happy to be rebranded and moved?

shmmeee

Rugby never ceases to amaze me. The Worcester Warriors name is disappearing but they are hijacking the Stourbridge club and “rebranding” them as Sixways Rugby to groundshare with Wasps at Worcester! Wasps may just be a concept that can go anywhere, but surely Stourbridge must be a local rugby club for that town. Are the people at that club happy to be rebranded and moved?

Must be something about handegg sports. This happens in the US all the time.

chiefdave

I don't really get what the plan is for any of the clubs involved. Get the feeling whoever bought Worcester might be stiching everyone else involved up

From what I can make out Worcesters new owners can't, or potentially won't, meet the RFUs terms for Worcester to continue in the Championship. Stourbridge is a relatively nearby club seemingly in trouble who they can 'merge' with and use their place in the league. The idea presumably being to fast track back to the Championship

Not really sure why they would lose the Worcester name and why they would want Wasps there if they plan to get back to the higher levels quickly

Users who are viewing this thread