Waghorn (2 Viewers)

ccfc1234

Not far off. Wages of roughly 17k and with a signing on fee of 2 million, that equates to roughly 40k a week or 4 million a goal.
Signing on fee of 2 million are you serious, what is this based on? His record for Derby last season was so average it would not have justified that level of punt.

Paxman II

If he had scored that volley, people would have said it was a worldy. Yes he has not performed for the team when given opportunity, which has been few and far between, and as Gyokeres and Godden have been first choice through consistent performances being a better 'fit' for the style we play. It's clear Waghorn has the atributes, his movement is excellent, but match fitness and pace has been his draw back. He is not a good fit for us and will have to move on. I sense league 1 would transform his play and would be successful for one of the bigger clubs stuck down there.

covboy1987

If he had scored that volley, people would have said it was a worldy. Yes he has not performed for the team when given opportunity, which has been few and far between, and as Gyokeres and Godden have been first choice through consistent performances being a better 'fit' for the style we play. It's clear Waghorn has the atributes, his movement is excellent, but match fitness and pace has been his draw back. He is not a good fit for us and will have to move on. I sense league 1 would transform his play and would be successful for one of the bigger clubs stuck down there.
The guy needs a break from the continuous slagging off - he he has hardly played since he came back from a serious injury - started the season well if fans remember - Good and hard pre- season possibly be a different player - One thing is for sure the game is about fitness and confidence which he is lacking at present same as Tyler walker - everyone in the squad will start off the season on the same level -

SlowerThanPlatt

The guy needs a break from the continuous slagging off - he he has hardly played since he came back from a serious injury - started the season well if fans remember - Good and hard pre- season possibly be a different player - One thing is for sure the game is about fitness and confidence which he is lacking at present same as Tyler walker - everyone in the squad will start off the season on the same level -

It’s a nice thought but if Waghorn and Walker are both part of our squad going into next season then we’ve got even less money than I thought

better days

It’s a nice thought but if Waghorn and Walker are both part of our squad going into next season then we’ve got even less money than I thought
What are we going to do STP?
They're both contracted on what I guess are decent contracts
It's unlikely there will be clubs queuing up to take them based on their records this term
Loans may be a possibility but we didn't even let Shippers go without a fee in January when he was happy to go as he wanted to play

covboy1987

It stands to reason that Waghorn will be a big part of the squad for next season as he is reportedly easily the highest player wage earner at the club - as the motto goes 'in Robins we trust' - Well Robins has not been wrong about much in the last 5 years and he obviously overseen the transfer and gave the nod so good enough for me - I also think that walker will be part of the squad as he has showed in the past he can score goals when he gets he gets going- a comment also made by the Portsmouth manager this week - lets hope Robins can find the spark for both players

Grendel

It stands to reason that Waghorn will be a big part of the squad for next season as he is reportedly easily the highest player wage earner at the club - as the motto goes 'in Robins we trust' - Well Robins has not been wrong about much in the last 5 years and he obviously overseen the transfer and gave the nod so good enough for me - I also think that walker will be part of the squad as he has showed in the past he can score goals when he gets he gets going- a comment also made by the Portsmouth manager this week - lets hope Robins can find the spark for both players

Waghorn I very much doubt will be here next season - it was a poor signing in hindsight

covboy1987

Can't see Waghorn being here next season either.
He must be pretty fed up here and should probably move on for the sake of his career. Wonder if he could push through a move?

I'd personally like us to keep Walker though and give him a fresh start in pre-season
I bet Ben Sheaf was pretty fed up when fans were getting on to him earlier in the season now he is arguably one of our best players and has been voted the championship best player in this position - The life of a top class footballer the ups and downs - walker and Waghorn are having a down - stick with the managers thoughts

AOM

I bet Ben Sheaf was pretty fed up when fans were getting on to him earlier in the season now he is arguably one of our best players and has been voted the championship best player in this position - The life of a top class footballer the ups and downs - walker and Waghorn are having a down - stick with the managers thoughts

I can see where you're coming from but Waghorn is coming towards the end years of his career now and so he's not likely going to develop much further or get any of his pace back, whereas Ben Sheaf was more of a development player.

If Waghorn is here next season, he'll have my full support and I think he does still have good attributes to add to the team, but I think he'll choose to go elsewhere

NorthernWisdom

Can't see Waghorn being here next season either.
He must be pretty fed up here and should probably move on for the sake of his career. Wonder if he could push through a move?

I'd personally like us to keep Walker though and give him a fresh start in pre-season
While on a personal level I'd like Walker to stay, i think for his sake he needs a fresh start somewhere, to kick him on.

Bugsy

He will move to a California/west coast based team in the summer to see out his career. Heard it here first

only god can judge him
Thug LIfe

SBAndy

While on a personal level I'd like Walker to stay, i think for his sake he needs a fresh start somewhere, to kick him on.

What I find interesting is that a lot of our signings this last couple of years have been heavily data-driven. My gut feel says he wasn’t, and was someone MR had fancied for a while but without much thought about how he’d fit the system.

KenilworthSkyBlue

What I find interesting is that a lot of our signings this last couple of years have been heavily data-driven. My gut feel says he wasn’t, and was someone MR had fancied for a while but without much thought about how he’d fit the system.

I'd wager this probably also applies to Waghorn.

NorthernWisdom

We have a track record of strikers like that though - Walker, Chaplin, JCH.

I do wonder if we see goalscorers and decide we can add extra to their game, but end up taking away what they're actually good at in trying to do that.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I do wonder if we see goalscorers and decide we can add extra to their game, but end up taking away what they're actually good at in trying to do that.
Talking of Chaplin he hasn’t really kicked on. Reckon he regrets forcing a move?

cc84cov

He wants out we know this already

cc84cov

“We don’t”

Our manager who’s an ex striker for Manchester Utd under Sir Alex does

Colin Steins Smile

I appreciate the speculation regarding Waghorn and Walker, but I can't think of a club that would be in a position to offer either of those players 50% of the wages they are currently on here.
Therefore, I think they'll both be here next season....which could mean Tavares will be loaned out in L1/2.

Grendel

I appreciate the speculation regarding Waghorn and Walker, but I can't think of a club that would be in a position to offer either of those players 50% of the wages they are currently on here.
Therefore, I think they'll both be here next season....which could mean Tavares will be loaned out in L1/2.

I doubt Tavares is up to this level anyway

Users who are viewing this thread