Vote with Your Feet (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

An owner does not necessarily have to be "steeped in football knowledge", but what they have to have is the vision to bring in someone who is! Sisu have clearly failed in that respect. Their appointments have been one disaster after another.

stupot07

There is absolutely no money to be made out of a successful football club. The money is made from ancillary businesses ie. the surrounding area; therefore, re-developing the surrounding area to provide profit makes total sense.

I agree there's no money in football, but there's a difference between someone being interested in redeveloping the land and ACL saying its a prerequisite for a new owner to do this. And again, yes the owner will make money from doing that, but that doesn't mean it will benefit the football club or that profits from such venture would be redirected back into the the club.

dongonzalos

Yes let's starve the club of revenue then we can moan when the wage bill gets reduced or worse still we get liquidated.

If a buyer is sat there waiting. Would the club get liquidated.
The club and more specifically ourselves are currently a weapon that SISU are using. Like a child in a messy divorce.
I personally am not prepared to be used by SISU

Grendel

They would fully understand if it was clear what the reason was. Which it is.
They would expect crowds to return with new ownership

No they wouldn't - on critical path analysis that would prove a huge stumbling block - furthermore last time new owners entered even when the curve was positive crowds continued to decline.

dongonzalos

No they wouldn't - on critical path analysis that would prove a huge stumbling block - furthermore last time new owners entered even when the curve was positive crowds continued to decline.

Sorry of course they would

New owners new hope.

They would fully expect a reaction, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

If Haskell brought the club tomorrow would season ticket sales go up down or stay the same?

(Hypothetical) ie if you could actually buy tickets

Grendel

Sorry of course they would

New owners new hope.

They would fully expect a reaction, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

If Haskell brought the club tomorrow would season ticket sales go up down or stay the same?

(Hypothetical) ie if you could actually buy tickets

On past evidence they would stay the same. Last season people like you thought we would walk promotion and the first home game was the biggest game given the opposition. The crowd was poor. No sensible owner would factor a significant increase in attendance. If they did I would say they are not fit for purpose.

If you disagree please provide some statistical evidence - not just emotional bluster.

Brighton Sky Blue

On past evidence they would stay the same. Last season people like you thought we would walk promotion and the first home game was the biggest game given the opposition. The crowd was poor. No sensible owner would factor a significant increase in attendance. If they did I would say they are not fit for purpose.

If you disagree please provide some statistical evidence - not just emotional bluster.

What were the crowds like after SISU's arrival?

dongonzalos

That was following a relegation to league 3 not following take over by a multimillionaire yank.

sky blue john

Looks like your still trying to make an argument for us to stick with Sisu ?

Grendel

Looks like your still trying to make an argument for us to stick with Sisu ?

No I am not. I am merely pointing out with statistics that the correlation of new owners and larger crowds does not exist. That isn't sticking up for anyone -- it's a fact.

Brighton Sky Blue

About 18k but had already dropped from 21.5k, they didnt go up and the crowds were already on a downward trajectory towards the ccfc norm following the initial new ground syndrome burst.

Aye, I certainly don't remember any surge in crowds. However-SISU's unpopularity is so extreme that any new owner would experience a boost of thousands.

torchomatic

I agree and then it would tail off like it always does. Unless instant success could be guaranteed.

Aye, I certainly don't remember any surge in crowds. However-SISU's unpopularity is so extreme that any new owner would experience a boost of thousands.

italiahorse

Simple

If its in Coventry I will buy a season ticket and support the club, players and whoever the owners are, both home and away. I will constructively try to influence them all, however small or insignificant my contribution is. I will not blindly try to get rid of the anyone when I do not have another option presented to me.

If its elsewhere I won't bother.

psgm1

Banned
Silence has been the over-riding factor and and massive SISU tactic for a number of months and now it is time to use the same tactic and show our owners what we want with a simple do and don't that a few of us have come up with

1.Do not go to any meetings CCFC Organise
2.Do not buy a season ticket
3.Do not buy a new kit
4.Do not watch the team at home games other than the Ricoh

1.Do travel in great numbers to another ground where City are playing there home games and stand outside in peaceful demonstration before the start of the game go down the local town during the game and then turn up at the end.This will cause the club to pay for extra security resources and completely do there heads in
2.Do travel in sell out numbers to all of the away games and watch the team in action
3.Do support SISU if they do a deal to stay at the Ricoh and give us a blue print for the future and stick to it
4. Do sign the petition that the telegraph have organised

In other words a full boycott - something I and a few others were shouted down for last season by lots of people - claiming it was not the way forward. Seems some people are ahead of the curve on this!

WillieStanley

You don't need to boycott if club attempts to play elsewhere just the threat of a couple of 100 disgruntled fans roaming round Rushton, Northampton, Hinckley every couple of weeks and some evenings will put paid to any move to an alternative ground. I have asked before who pays the Police bill, not the local council tax payers i bet

Is this you advocating anti-social behaviour. Another cracking idea!!

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree and then it would tail off like it always does. Unless instant success could be guaranteed.

It always does because the team is always shite. Success on the pitch is at the end of the day more important than who the owner is, as far as most fans are concerned.

torchomatic

For other clubs not so much, for Coventry City fans, absolutely.

It always does because the team is always shite. Success on the pitch is at the end of the day more important than who the owner is, as far as most fans are concerned.

Tank Top

It's also wont look good to potential owners.
I would imagine that potential new owners would understand the situation as it stands,and the reason why such action is being taken, "The club" is desperate for a change of ownership, and I'm sure the fans would give a warm welcome to a genuine investor, and show what dedicated Fans we are, the potential for the New owners is massive.

torchomatic

How do we know who is a "genuine" investor?

stupot07

I would imagine that potential new owners would understand the situation as it stands,and the reason why such action is being taken, "The club" is desperate for a change of ownership, and I'm sure the fans would give a warm welcome to a genuine investor, and show what dedicated Fans we are, the potential for the New owners is massive.

But what is a genuine investor? how do we know when we have one?

We're not dedicated fans, our potential isn't massive. We were one of the minnows in the PL and realistically are the size of an average championship club at best.

torchomatic

It's not. However, other clubs have fallen too and their support has maintained a good level. Ours doesn't. Unless there's a chance of a trip to Old Trafford, Wembley or the Emirates.

I don't deem mid table in League 1 to be a roaring success.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's not. However, other clubs have fallen too and their support has maintained a good level. Ours doesn't. Unless there's a chance of a trip to Old Trafford, Wembley or the Emirates.

Our club hasn't had a successful league campaign since 1970. That may have something to do with it.

Ashdown1

Has any clubs fans from a similar sized City had to endure as much as ours ? 40 years without a top 6 finish, a few rare days in the sunshine in 1987 and 1998 { Which is too far back for many of the youngsters to remember} a couple of famous away wins but all told not a huge amount to get excited about in nigh on 1600 games. The last 3 years have been particularly appalling and the latest rhetoric from our hideous owners suggest it will get a lot worse before it gets better. I'm amazed we have anyone left at all to stick with the colours !

torchomatic

Because they support their team. Weird concept, I know.

I'm amazed we have anyone left at all to stick with the colours !

Sterling Archer

But I just want to go and watch football and support my football team ON the pitch. I'm bored of the backroom stuff becasue nothing ever changes, we're always in the shit in some sort of guise regardless of owner/chairman/directors.

I like spending my Saturdays travelling around the country, having a few beers with mates and watching football. I'll continue to do that. Players, managers, backroom staff, directors, owners etc, they all come and go but we (the fans) will always be the constant of this club.

italiahorse

But I just want to go and watch football and support my football team ON the pitch. I'm bored of the backroom stuff becasue nothing ever changes, we're always in the shit in some sort of guise regardless of owner/chairman/directors.

I like spending my Saturdays travelling around the country, having a few beers with mates and watching football. I'll continue to do that. Players, managers, backroom staff, directors, owners etc, they all come and go but we (the fans) will always be the constant of this club.

Does that include going to Northampton for Home games?

italiahorse

But what is a genuine investor? how do we know when we have one?

We're not dedicated fans, our potential isn't massive. We were one of the minnows in the PL and realistically are the size of an average championship club at best.

Based on population of the city we are Premier League.
Wigan population is the same size as Nuneaton.

Obviously you need to also consider the size of surrounding areas but South Warwickshire is huge.

torchomatic

But then you get those on here who think that anyone who isn't from Coventry should support CCFC. If that was the case then the crowds would be even more laughable.

Based on population of the city we are Premier League.
Wigan population is the same size as Nuneaton.

Obviously you need to also consider the size of surrounding areas but South Warwickshire is huge.

italiahorse

Our club hasn't had a successful league campaign since 1970. That may have something to do with it.

But I'm a typical fan. Just supporting the team on the pitch whatever happens. Throw in a few moan and groans just to get rid of my frustrations and then carry on supporting.
However, I'm not stupid enough to think a team playing in Northampton is Coventry City.

WillieStanley

I'm actually starting to doubt even that.

Brighton Sky Blue

But I'm a typical fan. Just supporting the team on the pitch whatever happens. Throw in a few moan and groans just to get rid of my frustrations and then carry on supporting.
However, I'm not stupid enough to think a team playing in Northampton is Coventry City.

That's what a hardcore fan does. To get our crowds above the base level of 8-10k we need to tap into all of the fair weather supporters who will only go if there's a successful team on the pitch-and as I said, we haven't had a successful league campaign in 43 years. As long as that record goes on we will never get beyond our hardcore support.

Users who are viewing this thread