Vote with Your Feet (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Silence has been the over-riding factor and and massive SISU tactic for a number of months and now it is time to use the same tactic and show our owners what we want with a simple do and don't that a few of us have come up with

1.Do not go to any meetings CCFC Organise
2.Do not buy a season ticket
3.Do not buy a new kit
4.Do not watch the team at home games other than the Ricoh

1.Do travel in great numbers to another ground where City are playing there home games and stand outside in peaceful demonstration before the start of the game go down the local town during the game and then turn up at the end.This will cause the club to pay for extra security resources and completely do there heads in
2.Do travel in sell out numbers to all of the away games and watch the team in action
3.Do support SISU if they do a deal to stay at the Ricoh and give us a blue print for the future and stick to it
4. Do sign the petition that the telegraph have organised

WillieStanley

OK, Dad!!

Just one question. At which point do you (I'm assuming it'll be you that decides) decide that SISU have stuck to their blueprint in "Do #3" and allow us to start doing the do nots?

wingy

OK, Dad!!

Just one question. At which point do you (I'm assuming it'll be you that decides) decide that SISU have stuck to their blueprint in "Do #3" and allow us to start doing the do nots?

sorry to good to resist:eek:
Donots - We're Not Gonna Take It (official video // 2002) - YouTube

► 3:41► 3:41

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIAvMiUcCgwhttp://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0i22i30.0.0.0.15878...........0.xmv8bqXeaxQ#

Mar 7, 2010 - Uploaded by DonotsTV
DONOTS DO AMERICA 07.03. US - San Diego, CA - House of Blues 08.03. US - Pomona, CA -- Fox Theater ...

Ashdown1

Never mind all that malarkey.......................its quite simple, make plans to do other things with the cash you had earmarked for ST's etc. The only way to rid this hedge fund vermin is to starve it of revenue altogether. It hurts me to do it but I'm just filling in the diary with alternative stuff to do until they've gone...............................If however new investors come in and we are led to believe that they will be better all round for the club then back them with everything you can afford !

stupot07

Yes let's starve the club of revenue then we can moan when the wage bill gets reduced or worse still we get liquidated.

stupot07

we have been doing that for years with crowds reducing due to actions of our owners

Double-edge sword though. Less fans means you have to reduce costs. It's easy to blame the owners for selling players, and I'm not just talking about the sisu era we have been doing that for years.

ccfcway

lowest position in most , if not all of our lifetimes...

more managers last season alone than man utd have had in 50 years

no ground

owners in court more than in their office

possible further points deduction next season

I dont think we need to encourage people not to turn up..I dont think they will be going anyway !

bigfatronssba

Yes let's starve the club of revenue then we can moan when the wage bill gets reduced or worse still we get liquidated.

Its going to happen anyway as long as Sisu are in charge.

Surely we can all see that they are not the owners to take us forward, therefore we should rid ourselves of them as quickly as possible.

WillieStanley

Its going to happen anyway as long as Sisu are in charge.

Surely we can all see that they are not the owners to take us forward, therefore we should rid ourselves of them as quickly as possible.

Why don't I just kill myself? I mean I'm going to die anyway, why not skip to the end?

bigfatronssba

Why don't I just kill myself? I mean I'm going to die anyway, why not skip to the end?

Because getting rid of them doesn't mean death.

Staving Sisu of cash is a bit like treating cancer with chemotherapy, painful and unpleasent but necessary for survival.

The club in its current state is not my Coventry City.

stupot07

Because getting rid of them doesn't mean death.

Staving Sisu of cash is a bit like treating cancer with chemotherapy, painful and unpleasent but necessary for survival.

The club in its current state is not my Coventry City.

Might not mean survival, might mean extinction of the club.

Tonylinc

There is no bigger fan of CCFC than myself and my family but I agree that in order to move our club forward, we need to starve Sisu of any income whatsoever. Yes, it may well hurt in the short term but the bigger picture needs to be kept in mind.

WillieStanley

There is no bigger fan of CCFC than myself and my family but I agree that in order to move our club forward, we need to starve Sisu of any income whatsoever. Yes, it may well hurt in the short term but the bigger picture needs to be kept in mind.

It will already take years to recover from this mess. Starvation of income will only make recovery take longer.

Grendel

It's also wont look good to potential owners.

No that's the main concern. Any potential buyers would sense lack of loyalty and income and will go elsewhere.

Tonylinc

No that's the main concern. Any potential buyers would sense lack of loyalty and income and will go elsewhere.
That is absolute rubbish. It is well known that most Coventry fans hate Sisu. Any prospective investor will take that on board.

Grendel

And think "If they don't like me... I'm screwed" We become too much of a risk.

Exactly. It is naive beyond belief that any business strategy does not factor in the potential worst case scenario and the impact poor performance would have on revenue.

To suggest otherwise shows ignorance on how strategic takeovers of any kind are considered.

wingy

Exactly. It is naive beyond belief that any business strategy does not factor in the potential worst case scenario and the impact poor performance would have on revenue.

To suggest otherwise shows ignorance on how strategic takeovers of any kind are considered.

Your Honour I rest my case,the accuracy of Grenduffy's analysis is entirely cogent and applies to the historical owners as well as future potential owners.:thinking about:;)

Tonylinc

Any new owner would have the opportunity of re-negotiating the rent and access to other revenue streams. ACL have said that they cannot deal with Sisu over these matters and who can blame them for that! In any event, any new owner would be more concerned about the redevelopment opportunities around the Ricoh and again it is difficult to see CCC dealing with Sisu over these. If someone comes in with a completely clean slate then that just might be our salvation.

WillieStanley

Any new owner would have the opportunity of re-negotiating the rent and access to other revenue streams. ACL have said that they cannot deal with Sisu over these matters and who can blame them for that! In any event, any new owner would be more concerned about the redevelopment opportunities around the Ricoh and again it is difficult to see CCC dealing with Sisu over these. If someone comes in with a completely clean slate then that just might be our salvation.

I totally agree with all of that, but you've side stepped the issue of how starving the club of income in the here and now will more likely damage the club in the long run, rather than benefit it.

It really is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but we need new owners for that.
Our current owners have lost any respect that they might have had with the supporters.
There is no way back for them now, they just need to go let the club go for what they payed for, it and right it off as a big mistake..:blue:
Then
We will never recover until someone reunites the club with the stadium and cuts all costs so that we breakeven in relation to that extra income.

stupot07

Whilst I agree with that, I don't get why a new owner should redevelop the land, what's that go to do with ccfc? And just because an owner does redevelop the land, it doesn't necessarily mean they will do it under the ccfc umbrella - they could quite easily (and probably would) do it as a seperate side venture which would mean ccfc wouldn't receive any benefit from it. My other worry is that the redevelopment of the land would be the main focus of that sort of ownership and ccfc would come second.

Finally, I am uncomfortable with ACL pushing forward ph4 as their main bidder probably purely because of redeveloping the land to the exclusion of any other prospective owners.

And sisu didn't come in with a clean slate, they had debts they had to pay off (e.g Best and borrowdale transfers, etc) and Robinson et als IOU on promotion to the PL against our liabilities(?)

Tonylinc

There is absolutely no money to be made out of a successful football club. The money is made from ancillary businesses ie. the surrounding area; therefore, re-developing the surrounding area to provide profit makes total sense.

georgehudson

& so, over once again, to the high priestess of 'hedge funds' for her take on this,
meanwhile ccfc fans are left to their own,
does this have relevance to Clouting, Brody, Igwe, Clarke, Dulieu,
& are they steeped in football knowledge ?
imho, catastrophic owners

rupert_bear

You don't need to boycott if club attempts to play elsewhere just the threat of a couple of 100 disgruntled fans roaming round Rushton, Northampton, Hinckley every couple of weeks and some evenings will put paid to any move to an alternative ground. I have asked before who pays the Police bill, not the local council tax payers i bet

Users who are viewing this thread