Vincelot joins Bradford (5 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I think he's taking the piss Tony.

I think he might not agree with me but he has accurately noticed that I've stuck to the facts of the statement while others have spun it and plain bullshitted about what it says and in your case what other posters have said as well.

Nick

Administrator
He hasn't implied things like the trust have accused TM of lying or are calling for him TM to be sacked, which of course they're not. You happened to be one of the first comments on it so I replied to you first. By the time OSB passed comment you were in full frenzy mode and I was having fun pointing that out. You don't actually sound like you've calmed down yet by bringing other posters into it. Did you get to bed last night or were you up all night pumped up on redbull?

Nah I sat up all night wondering if you would reply to me.

Astute

Perhaps you didn't pick up on my subtle joke around the word manage, as in get by rather than exert control.
There is so much crap on this thread that I am having a problem taking a lot of it seriously :(

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What I said was

it was unwarranted - in that we have sold players before and will again and it is not in my opinion the place of the Trust to question, with what appears to be a knee jerk statement, individual player transfers sanctioned by the manager. Why because it allows exactly what has happened here, distraction and diversion. But it is understandable that they might choose to - it is at least more honest than say posting on a fans forum under some assumed name or other about how crap a manager or player is or not. We have to let TM do his job not focus on individual actions, he explained the sale we move on.

There are bigger issues to address that go to the very heart of the future of our club. The statement could allow an excuse for the club to not talk to the Trust, as has happened before and will no doubt happen again, at a time where the Trust could be a conduit to the other decision makers and solutions. There is no real excuse for the Club not to talk to its supporters Trust - surely they are bigger men than that and questions are not a threat?

For the above reasons I feel that the tone, timing and nature of the statement was - ill advised. But that's only my opinion, perhaps there are other things causing the Trust frustration and this is the result

However it is within the remit of a supporters Trust to seek clarification of a clubs overall transfer policy, to ask decision makers at a club (including the manager) for clarification on matters concerning CCFC. But right now the sale of Vincelot isn't first or anywhere close to being on the list in the battles to be fought, and the statement I feel damaged the focus on the real battles.

Just to clarify statements take time because the Trust Board members have to agree it, these people are doing their best on a voluntary basis and unsurprisingly real life gets in the way, so there will be delays in issuing. Behind the scenes the trust has done a lot more good work than people realise and faced more trying circumstances too. Often it is their loudest critics who wouldn't actually put themselves up to do anything constructive but hey lets aim at an easy target.

So the Trust by seeking to vent the knee jerk opinion of many fans shot themselves in the foot a little - so what, the Trust are not the "professionals" in this and the statement isn't really that important in the scheme of things is it?

Last edited:

ccfcway

the statement isn't really that important in the scheme of things is it?

agree with this.

I was clearing out some old stuff a few weeks ago and came across some cassettes of old alan partridge radio shows etc and one blank one, so put it in the tape deck and listened. Turns out it was a recording of when SISU arrived and Ray Ransons 1st interview with Stuart Linell.

They had bought the club which was about to go under and, the 1st question Stuart asked was......

"Ray, what the fans really want to know is are you going to keep Michael Mifsud"

Sky Blue Harry H

It's not how you start, it's how you finish, as the song goes (and why our season usually goes pear shaped!). I think we need to look at the squad come Swindon away before we all implode, though (as I've stated on another thread) I'm becoming increasingly twitchy about the lack of inward quality/quantity - everything crossed.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
humour ...... I remember this site when there was a lot more of it :)

Captain Dart

The statement was born of frustration.

There's a general lack of optimism as it becomes clear the club is being run on a shoe string budget.
Statements from the owners and directors don't reflect a clear strategy.
The fans want a bit of success and there appears to be no prospect of it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm pissed off at both the manager and the board.

The manager because he has got rid of players like Martin and Vincelot for effectively 'footballing decisions'.

The board for not investing any of the money from the Maddison sale.

tom88

The manager because he has got rid of players like Martin and Vincelot for effectively 'footballing decisions'.

I am getting very twitchy, annoyed and bored now.

Only 11 days until the season starts and at this rate will be fielding the one of the weakest teams in CCFC history.

fernandopartridge

What basis do you want the manager to make decisions on if not football?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What basis do you want the manager to make decisions on if not football?

Common sense would be a start.

I'd be prepared to accept the loss of Martin and Vincelot if our squad was 8 players bigger, and with players that are better than them, but frankly it isn't. As I've said on another thread, i'll happily eat my words if the squad dramatically improves over the next few weeks, and he does bring these players in, but it's pretty clear as day that his recruitment plan has not gone in the way he wanted, and at the moment that could well cost us during the beginning of the season as a minimum.

Nick

Administrator
I think Martin is the bigger loss than vincelot, we have gadzev, rose and mccann for centre midfield.

Letting a half decent central defender go was the mistake without backup.

D

Deleted member 2477

Now 10 days as office hours are closed. Wait for more excuss about why we havnt signd anyone and the kids are good enough.

I started a thread two weeks ago about lack of signings and was told to stop worrying as it would happen. Its now two weeks later weve lost vincelot and signed no one.

1 days before the fist game, sisu have everyones season ticket money and have no intention of moving this club forward

chiefdave

Had a look and of the players who made an appearance last season (in the league at least) we had a squad of 19 at the equivalent point last season:
RCC, Burge, Harris, Haynes, Johnson, D Kelly-Evans, Martin, Phillips, Ricketts, Stokes, Willis, Fleck, Vincelot, JOB, C Thomas, Maddison, Armstrong, G Thomas.
Lamieras would have signed four days ago and Armstrong today.

So we've lost Johnson, Martin, Phillips, Fleck, Vincelot, JOB, C Thomas, Maddison and Armstrong,

But we have gained Gadzhev, Jones, Rose, Tudgay, Sordell and K Thomas. And we have McCann on the way in.

That means at this point we only have 3 or 4 players less than at this time last year. Perhaps not the crisis it is being made out to be?

Last edited:

Grendel

Had a look and of the players who made an appearance last season (in the league at least) we had a squad of 20 at the equivalent point last season:
RCC, Burge, Harris, Haynes, Johnson, D Kelly-Evans, Martin, Phillips, Ricketts, Stokes, Willis, Fleck, Lowrentzen, Vincelot, JOB, C Thomas, Maddison, Armstrong, G Thomas.
Lamieras would have signed four days ago and Armstrong today.

So we've lost Johnson, Martin, Phillips, Fleck, Lowrentzen, Vincelot, JOB, C Thomas, Maddison and Armstrong,

But we have gained Gadzhev, Jones, Rose, Tudgay, Sordell and K Thomas. And we have McCann on the way in.

That means at this point we only have 3 or 4 players less than at this time last year. Perhaps not the crisis it is being made out to be?

You've forgotten those legends Hunt and that lumbering idiot up front (name forgotten) who will be used as evidence of squad reduction.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So we're a good 5 or 6 down on last season, and we were pretty short then as it was. We've also got a load of injuries.

We can probably panic a little bit.

chiefdave

About to start his third consecutive season for us. Not a gain on the previous season, just confirmed for the next.
Indeed but at this point last season he hadn't signed. Even if you take him out of the equation its not the crisis its made out to be when TM is saying he's looking to sign 5 or 6 more. That puts us around the same as last season except the younger players have a years more experience and we have another batch ready to come through.

Esoterica

Indeed but at this point last season he hadn't signed. Even if you take him out of the equation its not the crisis its made out to be when TM is saying he's looking to sign 5 or 6 more. That puts us around the same as last season except the younger players have a years more experience and we have another batch ready to come through.

It's not about it being a crisis though. It isn't a crisis but it also isn't the ideal if we're serious about getting out of this division. This is Mowbray's 2nd year of a 2 year plan and by your own admission we're actually further behind than last year in terms of squad size. I was expecting that this year we wouldn't be just rolling the dice again but building on last year's team, rather than replacing its core.

'Mowbray very much sees this as a two-year plan. He won't be hopping off after six months or one full season. He said: "Two years is enough time to hopefully build a squad to be in the image I want.'

So what image is that? Patched up with loans and last minute free transfers? Incomplete at the time the season kicks off? This is likely to be Mowbray's last year with us unless we get promoted so there's a pretty good chance we'll be in exactly the same situation next year. Rolling the dice again. Except with another new manager with the dice in his hands.

Hobo

It's tuesday.

He joined on the 22nd and it was announced early on the 23rd. Tuesday was the 26th....four days (I note that other clubs do business on Saturday's and Sunday's not just a Thursday). I think the poster was hoping this undisclosed fee would have pushed a couple of deals across the line that were perhaps stalling.

Users who are viewing this thread