Villa advert in the Telegraph (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCharlie

It's not illegal, they're a private company entitled to do what they like. No law governs it aside from maybe the Equality Act. I don't know if football support is considered a religion or belief.

As far as CCFC is concerned definitely a religion but with a total lack of belief at the moment!

FRY-CCFC

Lets be honest, if you can be swayed by an advert in the newspaper then you're not a real fan anyway

skybluelee

Lets be honest, if you can be swayed by an advert in the newspaper then you're not a real fan anyway

Undoubtedly true. Trouble is there will be a new generation of potential fans out there yet to make an allegiance.

It would be hard to tempt them to the Ricoh over Villa Park. What chance have we got of them choosing Shitfields? Precisely none.

mds

May be a blessing in disguise, might open the eyes of a lot of passive supporters who havnt payed too much attention to the politics of our situation!
Have to admit i was one of them not so long ago!

pusbccfc

Suprised we have not advertised in Northampton.

shmmeee

As funny as it sounds, it is a form of discrimination. Whether or not the Villa would take the matter further, if the CT refused them, is another matter.

Edit: I should read the whole thread before posting.

Last edited:

Astute

I don't know what the problem is with the Villa ad. They have as much of a chance of me going to watch them as SISU propaganda making me go to Northampton.

Covstu

yep the vultures are circling on our fans....... I don't think it will have the desired effect!

Grendel

Wasn't their a thread on here complaining when the CET advertised a game at Sixfields?

Hobo

As much as I dislike Villa I don't see a problem. They can advertise where they like. There are Villa fans in Coventry as we know, some originally from Birmingham. Plus the CET traditionally covers Warwickshire which is the home to many Villa fans also.

AV also had a stand at freshers fair at Cov uni this year....im sure they see Coventry as a good opportunity to recruit some extra fans, as much as I dislike them I would do the same...

spwaverley4916

for those who say they will boycott the CET - are you going to do the same as far as the train station is concerned?? Big posters on the platforms advertising tickets for the same place and club, ( cant bring myself to type Villa ..........doh!!!:facepalm:)

C

cw36

I concentrate more on being a ccfc fan than a anyone else hater tbh.

NorthernWisdom

for those that live locally is all this promotion from Villa a new thing or do they always do it?

As far as I was aware, it's a new thing.

Clubs tend to have an ethical unwritten agreement not to step on each others' turf, when Charlton started running buses from kent there was outcry from gillingham as it's not the done thing.

With no football club in the city though, they probably think it fair game!

InterSkyBlues

As with anything CCFC these days, besides the 90 mins on the pitch, who really gives a shit any more? Might as well and go and watch the villa to be fair, need a good laugh.

johnb

If the Vile are trying to nick our support ok, let them have some of the shit that also goes along with it.
Forget protesting on the hill for one "home" game and instead divert the keep Cov in Cov protest to outside the Vile's main doors for one of their home games. It could all go balistic! Teach the thieving scum a lesson!

mds

What self respecting City fan would honestly consider switching allegiance to any of the Birmingham based clubs?
They may draw in a few casual fans and students but no real Coventry fans!

Users who are viewing this thread