United v Cov Predictions (1 Viewer)

San Francisco

Some crazy comments here.

People telling me I need to remind myself of where we are.

Yeah, appreciated.

But we are still the biggest club in the world.

giphy.gif

Tomh111

Some crazy comments here.

People telling me I need to remind myself of where we are.

Yeah, appreciated.

But we are still the biggest club in the world.
Your club died when Ferguson left. You'll beat us at Wembley, and part of me won't mind - it might keep Ten Hag in the job and continue the Manchester Red slide toward mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

TewkesburySkyBlue

The way we played today United will get double figures .
what a disgraceful performance?
Hopefully it was just the Wembley effect ie everyone afraid of getting injured / booked etc but Id be dropping quite a few and giving the ( relatively poor) academy lads a chance.
It could be one of the most embarrassing results in all our history.
what the fk happened today ?
Fkng rubbish.

SkyblueTexan

We've lost all momentum and confidence n the last few games. Think it will be a very bad loss.

Cantona7

You wish that was true, don't you?

City can't even fill their own stadium during their most successful period in history as the biggest cheats in the world.

Did Fergie ruin your life too? :)

Cantona7

For Manchester United, is there a more damning indictment of their floundering state than the fact they have faced more shots than anyone else in the division this season? André Onana’s goal was peppered again here and they have now conceded a league-high 574 shots this season. The other teams at the top of that list? Sheffield United, Luton and Burnley, a trio mired in relegation trouble. It is so easy for sides to ruffle United and it is increasingly difficult to believe Erik ten Hag has the answers. Arguably the biggest club on the planet are a soft touch.

When United won the cup in 1990 I went to see Oldham, who were 2nd division at the time, play a game against someone like Bradford the week before.

They drew 0-0 or something and I came home and gladly reported to my old fella that they were shit and it will be easy for us. My old fella gave me a look and just said "it won't be easy next week."

Indeed, they took us to injury time in a 2nd replay and it was a Mark Robins winner in extra time of the replay that won it for us!

We've got so many injuries and next week will be a proper game. I can see extra time again.

I believe Robins has still got a house in Firwood Park near me mam and dad's I believe and Robins will always be a hero for what he did for us. Without him there probably wouldn't have been the Fergie years....

Last edited:

Cantona7

But the Bournemouth manager said this after we got battered again

“United, we’ve seen, no? They always find a way to come back and get goals,” Andoni Iraola, the Bournemouth head coach, said. “They don’t have to be at their best to get a result.” You can say that again.

And that is why I still think we will win. You'll probably nail us for most of the game, but one of our players will do something special.

I hope. :)

Otis

4 nil loss for me as we were fucking shit today against a shit side who only won 1 in 7.
Yeah, but it IS that time of the season. Teams at the bottom pull out wins from somewhere. Happens season after season.

The sad part is that they seemingly just wanted it so much more than us.

Cantona7

I'm going now to speak to my wife for a while and trick her into thinking that I have a life outside of this wretched game that ruins/makes my weekend every fucking week. :)

Good luck to you for promotion and I hope to see you back in the top flight where you should be with teams like Sheff Weds etc.

Let next week be a great game (and a United win :)) .

It’sabatch87

But the Bournemouth manager said this after we got battered again

“United, we’ve seen, no? They always find a way to come back and get goals,” Andoni Iraola, the Bournemouth head coach, said. “They don’t have to be at their best to get a result.” You can say that again.

And that is why I still think we will win. You'll probably nail us for most of the game, but one of our players will do something special.

I hope. :)
I watched your game yesterday and have a few observations.
Maguire looked solid but the rest of them at the back was like watching the keystone cops.
You look good going forward nice sharp quick passing and good movement.
Rashford anonymous but always likely to pop up with a special moment.
Anyway think we will score maybe extra time but it’ll be a good day whatever.
A special day to look forward to
CCFC 2 MUFC 1
Ten Haag on his way!!

Tommo1993

The worry is for us to concede goals, teams don’t need to dig very deep at all.

This isn’t even out of respect, because I’m not a believer of grovelling to hierarchy - it’s an educated prediction. 5-1 to Coventry.

clint van damme

4 nil loss for me as we were fucking shit today against a shit side who only won 1 in 7.

It wasn't just yesterday either, our defending has gone to shit recently apart from against Leeds.
I now fear a drubbing though would be just like us to turn it on and make it a real contest.

Cantona7

Haha, I live there. What summer? It's like living in a cloud.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
My gran and grandad were both from Glossop and my gran's sister died last year at the ripe old age of 98.

I last saw her at a funeral about 15 years ago in Ramsbottom, which is obviously nowhere near, and she asked me if I was still watching "that useless lot."

:)

They grew up on Bernard Street, but me mam said it doesn't exist anymore.

My gran and grandad used to take me to Howard Park and Queens Park when I was a kid.

Lot of lads and lasses from there went to my college in Rusholme (Xavs), which I thought must have taken an age to get to!

Now we have the road (I'm from around Middleton) and we went up there for a meal out during Covid and to see my grandad's old house where he grew up. An absolutely stunning part of the world.

Can't remember the name of the pub but have just texted me mum. She'll know.

Cantona7

My gran and grandad were both from Glossop and my gran's sister died last year at the ripe old age of 98.

I last saw her at a funeral about 15 years ago in Ramsbottom, which is obviously nowhere near, and she asked me if I was still watching "that useless lot."

:)

They grew up on Bernard Street, but me mam said it doesn't exist anymore.

My gran and grandad used to take me to Howard Park and Queens Park when I was a kid.

Lot of lads and lasses from there went to my college in Rusholme (Xavs), which I thought must have taken an age to get to!

Now we have the road (I'm from around Middleton) and we went up there for a meal out during Covid and to see my grandad's old house where he grew up. An absolutely stunning part of the world.

Can't remember the name of the pub but have just texted me mum. She'll know.
I just googled Queens Park and nothing comes up.

Is/Was there a Queens Park in Glossop or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I remember I loved Howard Park but hated going to Glossop as a kid! Sat with my gran and all her sisters and it was old and boring compared to home in Manchester. :)

Now I could think of few places better to shack up (especially with some of those lovely Glossop lasses who I got on very well with at Xaverian :)).

If you don't mind me asking, why are you a Coventry fan? Glossop is generally a City area, but you have United or City to choose from as well as the Sheffield clubs ovet the snake pass.

fernandopartridge

I just googled Queens Park and nothing comes up.

Is/Was there a Queens Park in Glossop or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I remember I loved Howard Park but hated going to Glossop as a kid! Sat with my gran and all her sisters and it was old and boring compared to home in Manchester. :)

Now I could think of few places better to shack up (especially with some of those lovely Glossop lasses who I got on very well with at Xaverian :)).

If you don't mind me asking, why are you a Coventry fan? Glossop is generally a City area, but you have United or City to choose from as well as the Sheffield clubs ovet the snake pass.

Manor Park is the big main park. The the other smaller one is Howard Park.

I'm from Coventry originally but moved away from there as an adult.

It is generally mostly City around here, one of the local pubs is running a coach to the semi but not sure there is anywhere doing the same for United. There are a lot of Liverpool as well annoyingly.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ptr

Garnacho doesn’t seem happy, liking stuff on Twitter criticising ETH. Him and Diallo posting cryptic messages on insta. Hopefully both dropped from the match day squad.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was in a sports bar in Utrecht yesterday and the Bournemouth v Man Utd game was on. Fernades scores and two Indian blokes at the bar celebrated. I was in a shit mood after the Birmingham result so made some comment about how we were going to beat them next week.

They had no idea who Coventry were or even that they were playing us.

North York’s Blue

I was in a sports bar in Utrecht yesterday and the Bournemouth v Man Utd game was on. Fernades scores and two Indian blokes at the bar celebrated. I was in a shit mood after the Birmingham result so made some comment about how we were going to beat them next week.

Love Utrecht, going over there on Thursday for the day for work.

Tommo1993

Sounds about right. It’s not even worth the conversation abroad.

Users who are viewing this thread