United v Cov Predictions (3 Viewers)

Cantona7

I think we'll win 2 nowt.

I don't live in Manc anymore and it ended up being too expensive to get back for the semi, so I'll save it for the final. ;-)

Seriously though, as you saw the other night, we are insane. We can be fantastic and ridiculous in 90 minutes and injuries are killing us.

I watched the Wolves game and I was impressed. You've got a very good chance.

clint van damme

I think we'll give your back line problems but ultimately, even though this is a poor united side, they're still a top 6 or 7 premiership outfit with players far superior to what we face week in, week out.

I'm just going down to enjoy the day with no expectations.

I can stomach a loss to United or City so glad that even if we lose it won't be to some of the other clubs who are/were around the latter stages.

Liverpool - insufferable
Chelsea- scum
Leicester- insufferable scum

Cantona7

No chance, mate. It will be a proper game.

I was at the semi last year and I think this might be a bit more comfortable, but it will be tight.

We are like a sieve at the back.

Cantona7

I'd agree with the two lads above

stupid of me to think we'd keep a clean sheet really

We really miss Martinez

But we can play up front

Garnacho is the one who will cause you problems.

no_loyalty

The amount of chances you are conceding per game is ridiculous, even Newport of league 2 created 17 against you. Both of our strikers are in fine form so I’m predicting a 2-1 Sky Blues win.

Cantona7

Most United fans would give you a chance.

This is not a great United side to say the least and they have no bottle at all.

Saddlebrains

Maybe.

But you're a mid table 2nd division side.

Correct, but we beat Wolves who are about your level nowadays

Mental how far you've fallen tbh when i was a kid in the 90s you were the powerhouse of world football. Best team in the world for me then

Nowadays i genuinely have you in the Newcastle/Wolves/Chelsea/West Ham mid table bracket

Cantona7

The amount of chances you are conceding per game is ridiculous, even Newport of league 2 created 17 against you.

Indeed.

I'm replying to posts here, but it isn't quoting, so I'll just c and p.

Mucca Mad Boys

Mental how far you've fallen tbh when i was a kid in the 90s you were the powerhouse of world football. Best team in the world for me then

Nowadays i genuinely have you in the Newcastle/Wolves/Chelsea/West Ham mid table bracket

In truth, we battered Wolves and shouldn’t have needed the stoppage time heroics. We’ll need to be more clinical against United.

no_loyalty

This is not a great United side to say the least and they have no bottle at all.
I think we are all hoping Ten Hag will still be in charge by the time we play you, so don’t get hammered against the scousers later on.

Cantona7

Not really.

I'm old enough to remember the 80s and trips to Highfield Road when we were really shit.

It comes with being a football fan and dealing with the highs and lows.

As I'm sure you are aware, Mr 1990s.

Cantona7

I think we are all hoping Ten Hag will still be in charge by the time we play you,

If you think Ten Hag is to blame for the chaos at United, you nee to stop watching football.

The fish rots from the head.

clint van damme

I think we are all hoping Ten Hag will still be in charge by the time we play you,

If you think Ten Hag is to blame for the chaos at United, you nee to stop watching football.

Yeah, when you're going through highly rated managers at the rate United have without (by their standards) success then its a fair assumption the problems lie elsewhere

no_loyalty

He must shoulder some of the blame in the way you setup, although I think you look more like a team of individuals.

Reactions: SBT

torchomatic

There's no pressure on us at all. All the pressure is on United to turn us over.

I can see us scoring, but realistically can't see us winning.

I have no expectations, will just enjoy the day with my lad.

Darth Robins

Robins does his best work when we're the underdog, really think we've got a shot at a famous day out. Same with Chelsea. Man City would probably just bore us off the pitch, like they do to everyone else.

messiahrobins

You're a mid table side full of overpaid prima donna shite tbh.

Used to be the most feared side in football, genuinely feared Leeds more yesterday

We will turn you over, 3-2
If Man City beat Chelsea i can guarantee Man Utd will avoid another beatdown in the final by their noisy neighbours.
Its going to be an all Sky Blue final. Birmingham away will be harder than Man Utd i honestly think. Man Utd has some of the most mentally weak players i have ever seen. They will bottle it against us.
Coventry 3- 1 Man Utd

messiahrobins

Not really.

I'm old enough to remember the 80s and trips to Highfield Road when we were really shit.

Mate, you are really shit now. Weakest most spineless Man Utd team in the last 50 years. You probbaly get humiliated by the Scousers today as well.

messiahrobins

Man Utd have never been the best team in the world bar 1999. Always under achieved given their spending and funds. Only 4 European Cups for a club with their revenue is shameful when you see Liverpool on 6, Bayern on 5, Milan on 6 and Real Madrid on 14.

Flying Fokker

Not really.

I remember you in the second tier. Truly poor side.

procdoc

Let’s be honest. 9 times out of 10 United beat us comfortably. We are a top end championship team and on an upward trajectory. We can cause any team problems. But they still have far more quality. Fernandes, Rashford, Garnacho, Eriksen etc can produce something from nothing. It’s a very tall order to win this. We need to put in our best ever performance in the Robins era to win and hope United’s weak characters bottle it, which we know they are more than capable of doing

Chris1987

Maybe.

But you're a mid table 2nd division side.
The table indicates that we are a play off challenging second tier side and but for an exceptionally high pre season turnover of players we would be comfortably in the play off positions My take on the SF is that we have the firepower to seriously trouble your defence ( or lack of it). If good United turn up you win . If bad United turn up we have a cracking chance. Will enjoy our day out whatever happens

SBT

Blaming the Glazers for everything wrong with the club seems like lazy scapegoating at this point. Are they setting the tactics that leave you incredibly open every week after spending about £400 million on players?

Brighton Sky Blue

A hard fought game and I’ll be happy. Never expected to get to this stage and hope our players rise to the occasion with a big TV audience

SBT

Can see us conceding a couple of early goals and the air very quickly going out of the game. If we can keep a clean sheet, or even keep them to one goal for the first half then I am sure we will get at least one good chance ourselves and who knows.

If we score a meaningful goal then I will go absolutely ballistic.

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies to @Cantona7 who seems a reasonable poster, but I'll be watching Man Utd v Liverpool today hoping for a few more injuries to level up the fixture as much as possible. That said, as Utd U18s beat Liverpool U18's 9-1, I'd be more than nervous if Utd fielded a team full of youngsters against us!

bigfatronssba

If we get to half time level (or even better, winning), then we have every chance. An early United goal will sink us.

United are expected to win, we have to play into the pressure that causes. High press right from the start, close everything down.

My prediction is its not out of the question for us to win, but United probably will.

Hertsccfc

Most likely outcome is a fairly comfortable Man U win and they have players who should be too good for us. However, in a one off match we could win, if they don't perform and we play at the top of our abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread