Transfer targets (11 Viewers)

Northants Sky Blue

I like how people think that not having signed a winger yet = Robins isn't arsed/hasn't realised we need one/isn't trying

Fucking hell lads get a grip

Agreed, its not a binary/all or nothing situation (anyone taking a literal reading of the fleetwood post prob needs their bumps felt btw!)

By same token hoping for some loan cover to give us the edge in a top 6 race isnt bedwetting.

We all want it to work out

procdoc

This is bizarre. From the various points made it now seems unless Sakamoto plays a win is out of the question, we only have two players capable of playing in half of the pitch and the whole season rests on whether we can secure a ropey, second choice, right sided loan player.
Not one person has said that, fucking hell

procdoc

All the people having a go at anyone that is slightly concerned with the lack of depth in wide areas can fuck off to be honest. If we don’t sign a wide man it’s not a disaster but we will then be over reliant on Wright and Sakamoto staying fit. That’s what the sensible people are concerned about. It’s not bedwetting, it’s perfectly reasonable to question it

Mucca Mad Boys

This is bizarre. From the various points made it now seems unless Sakamoto plays a win is out of the question, we only have two players capable of playing in half of the pitch and the whole season rests on whether we can secure a ropey, second choice, right sided loan player.

That’s such a misrepresentation of what I and others have said.

My point is that since switching formation, Sakamoto has been a key part and without him, the likelihood is that we would change formation. 4-2-3-1 is clearly the long term system for us so a reversion back to 3-4-1-2 because of injuries would not be ideal.

Likewise, having a wide player who can cover or start ahead of Wright/Saka is only a good thing.

Cheylesmore ITK

That’s such a misrepresentation of what I and others have said.

My point is that since switching formation, Sakamoto has been a key part and without him, the likelihood is that we would change formation. 4-2-3-1 is clearly the long term system for us so a reversion back to 3-4-1-2 because of injuries would not be ideal.

Likewise, having a wide player who can cover or start ahead of Wright/Saka is only a good thing.
We are unlikely to revert back to a back 3 though as we have players who while not ideal can cover there.

Telfer85

The January window is always a tricky one. I’m sure we’ve been in for players that we’ve missed out on or can’t agree a transfer for. To me that’s a good sign as we are in for quality and are being choosy about who we go for.

I think to add some depth tomorrow would be great but there’s no guarantees a loan player will work out or not. If we don’t get anyone I won’t be massively disappointed. I’d rather us get players that we want and can get permanent as opposed to gambling and making expensive loan signings like hull that offer no guarantee of success. That’s not to say loans are always bad clearly as we’ve had success in the past but it’s gotta be right for us not any old Tom dick or Al hamedi.

The summer window is always better to do business in.

Mucca Mad Boys

We are unlikely to revert back to a back 3 though as we have players who while not ideal can cover there.

We played 3-4-1-2 against Wednesday without Sakamoto. To me, that was rather telling.

MR seemed happy enough with that performance. Add COH, Wright and Bidwell to that team and I think we’d be alright.

Saka isn’t injured so it’s all academic anyway.

Cheylesmore ITK

We played 3-4-1-2 against Wednesday without Sakamoto. To me, that was rather telling.

MR seemed happy enough with that performance. Add COH, Wright and Bidwell to that team and I think we’d be alright.

Saka isn’t injured so it’s all academic anyway.
We played 4-2-3-1 against Stoke and Ipswich without Saka so his default tactic without him is not always a back 3.

Astute

You would think that most haven't seen a transfer window in the past.

Most of the better players are at the better clubs. Most of the better clubs still have something to play for. If you want one of them players you will have to make an offer they cannot refuse. Otherwise you will be after a player that can't get game time. And all for cover incase one of our players gets injured?

So we bring in a player just in case. Have some not learned a lesson yet again on how it's so difficult to walk straight into a side and hit the ground running? Not good coming in towards the end of the season.

So we could go for a foreign player. How about Torp? Yes he looks a good player. But how many times already has he been caught out by the lack of time he has on the ball? It will come with game time. Then they also have to get used to the system we use. We're better off using players we already have that know the system and how the other players like to play.

A loan? Most probably not had much game time. Same as above.

twistandshout

From player sales we have more money than we have ever had. Premier league teams are spending far less as ffp rules bite.
This window we were in a position of power, in the summer it will be a new financial year and our position of power will be gone.
I am sure that we have tried, but as of yet we haven't taken advantage.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not signing a central midfielder in the summer probably cost us 6 points when Sheaf got injured earlier in the season.

Another 5 or 6 points can easily be lost if we fail to sign a wide player before tomorrow

Astute

Another 5 or 6 points can easily be lost if we fail to sign a wide player before tomorrow
Do you think it would be wise to pay over the odds for a player to come in that most probably wouldn't be up to speed until near the end of the season?

We're not the only side that would start having a problem when 1st team players get injured. We're in a better position than most. Can't remember the last time our bench looks so strong.

skybluecam

Do you think it would be wise to pay over the odds for a player to come in that most probably wouldn't be up to speed until near the end of the season?

We're not the only side that would start having a problem when 1st team players get injured. We're in a better position than most. Can't remember the last time our bench looks so strong.
Loan is the obvious answer

JoeCCFCPUSB

Still hearing we have 1 more player almost over the line, i expect tomorrow an announcement. Info i got was Moore or Kelly will join Fadz out the exit door with Kelly being the most likely to be leaving. Was also told to not be surprised if a bid comes in for Ben Wilson, but a signing should be announced tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread