Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

Alkhen

Is there a breakdown of what targets Vik needs to hit before we get payouts? The payouts trigger our sell-on cut being reduced, wonder which would be most profitable

cstring82

It shows just how good our coaching staff are to get Vik to the level he left us at from the level he came in at. It really bodes well for improving the players bought in the summer
Listening to Bobby Thomas and Haji Wright last night they mentioned the Management team tweak things for players to improve both as a team and an individual.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

If he goes for £100m, thats £80m profit so a nice £12m coming our way based on 15%

a) the release clause isn’t £100m, it’s around £80m, so the profit would be £60m, and

b) the % sell on clause is 10% apparently because it dropped when he hit additional targets (appearance, goals, internationals etc)

So it’s probably nearer £6m coming our way unless there’s a bidding war to push his price up

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

a) the release clause isn’t £100m, it’s around £80m, so the profit would be £60m, and

b) the % sell on clause is 10% apparently because it dropped when he hit additional targets (appearance, goals, internationals etc)

So it’s probably nearer £6m coming our way unless there’s a bidding war to push his price up

…in fact on reading again it might even be reduced ‘by 10%’, so the additional payment would only be 5% of any profit - so £3m

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Either way we've done well out of the deal , especially as they paid our sell on fee to Brighton

I don’t know if that’s true or not, but even better if it is….

A lot of people here are already spending the millions they think we’re going to get paid though and I don’t think it’s anywhere near as much as some are hoping for

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Where do you get that from ?

@Martin180 I think you’re right if it’s €2m to Brighton

I also didn’t realise this had already been done so last post from me on the subject, but I think it’s actually reduced to 10% on achieving certain objectives OR at sporting’s choosing, so around €8m then -

“In addition, Coventry is entitled to receive the amount corresponding to 15% of the surplus value of future transfer, a percentage that may be reduced to up to 10% by Sporting SAD's option or depending on the partial realisation of the individual and collective objectives mentioned above.

It is also reported that a sports employment contract valid for 5 (five) sports seasons was concluded between Sporting SAD and the player, that is, until June 30, 2028, providing for a termination clause in the amount of € 100,000,000.00 (one hundred million euros). It is also informed that the value of the solidarity mechanism due to third-party clubs will be borne by Sporting SAD and that the charges for intermediation services related to the aforementioned transfer amount to €2,000,000.00 (two million euros)."

Hobo

gus thought there would be more teams interested, there was and against advice he panic moved to Sheffield

Not really he took a chance to show what he can do at that level, even if it was with a team who were likely to struggle at that level.

At the end of this season Hamer will be 27 years old. That is not old in footballers terms, but it is when it comes to Premier League sides investing in someone who has yet to play at that level.

Gyokeres is a year younger, but strikers who are scoring lots of goals are in a slightly different basket - goal scorers are hard to find and always come at a premium.

Hobo

Yep, we sold him at the top of his value I think.

Well I think it depends how well he does the rest of the season? But he has to stand out and become a key player for them and score a few goals.

Senior Vick from Alicante

The big thing about Hamer that I don't think anyone so far has mentioned is the Heckinbottom was playing him out of position. He was playing right of a midfield 3 with Souza sitting back, the role that he played so well for us last season. Wilder has changed that and has moved him behind a front 2 in the Ohare role which I dont think he has the pace for. Always seemed suited more to breaking into space and then playing the pass or a late runner from midfield.

mrtrench

I disagree to an extent. Robins said Hamer has a similar mindset as Vik and wants to play at the top level. Going to Sheffield Utd meant that he got to play in the top flight.
Where I do agree with you is that it’s not exactly working out as planned for Hamer so far and he will likely find himself back in the championship next season

I'm not so sure that Gus has made a mistake. I keep reading this so I did some research. He's playing a lot of games in the Premiership and on the BBC website he's getting performance scored at close to 8 every week... Often SUFC's top rated player.

Yes, they are getting relegated but Gus must be impressing other clubs. He may not go to Man U in the summer but he may make another step to a comfortably mid table side.

mrtrench

Either way if not now he will move in the summer for the £100 million

15% of the profit from Sporting gives us £12 million quid

Add that whatever is outstanding from Gus after this window, looking like 6 or 7 million, the wages from Moore Fadz and Kelly going at the end of the year and thats a very very healthy pot indeed

Even taking a few million for the next few years running costs, we could have a good 12 - 14 million to get in the 2 or 3 players of top end championship quality to give us a real tilt at automatics next season

Do we get 15%? I recall at the time mention of the deal being worth an additional £4m or possibly €4m with possible add-ons. The sell on fee may be capped.

Users who are viewing this thread