Transfer targets (10 Viewers)

Martin180

We’re nowhere near as bad a position as some are making out.
Totally agree .
We have real competition in goal
Arguably the most natural wb we've had in Da Silva , hugely promising Van Ewijk on the other side .
Young ,talented centre backs on long term deals
Midfield is light but Sheaf and Eccles have been impressive within their roles so far and are both tied down to long deals
In attacking areas we have Ayari on loan , the exciting Sakamoto and Palmer with O' Hare and Allen to return before Xmas
And two big money signings up top

There are gaps in the squad but we at least own the vast majority of it and with Obikwu,Eghosa and Andrews we have exciting players emerging .

Would love a push again and I think we will be in and around the playoffs again but the planning is obvious and the stability within the squad bodes well

Last edited:

procdoc

Totally agree .
We have real competition in goal
Arguably the most natural wb we've had in Da Silva , hugely promising Van Ewijk on the other side .
Young ,talented centre backs on long term deals
Midfield is light but Sheaf and Eccles have been impressive within their roles so far and are both tied down to long deals
In attacking areas we have Ayari on loan , the exciting Sakamoto and Palmer with O' Hare and Allen to return before Xmas
And two big money signings up top

There are gaps in the squad but we are least own the vast majority of it and with Obikwu,Eghosa and Andrews we have exciting players emerging .

Would love a push again and I think we will be in and around the playoffs again but the planning is obvious and the stability within the squad bodes well
If we have to rely on untested kids in the championship then that would be a disaster

junglej13

No deal is probably better than a bad deal to be honest, we could do with some extra players but at the right price only. God, think back to when we rushed to spend the Mcsheffrey windfall on Kyle and McKenzie

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Or Best was sold to be replaced by the loan signings of Stead and Sears.

Martin180

If we have to rely on untested kids in the championship then that would be a disaster
I wouldn't suggest we would have to rely on them I was merely pointing out that all of them will be in and around the squad this season . That can only be a good thing surely ?

Brighton Sky Blue

No deal is probably better than a bad deal to be honest, we could do with some extra players but at the right price only. God, think back to when we rushed to spend the Mcsheffrey windfall on Kyle and McKenzie

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Or spending the Vincelot windfall on Jordan Turnbull

Telfer85

Looks like Pritchard could also be on the move. very talented CM.
Yeh I thought he improved Sunderland when he came on last week. Finds space well and passing was quick and accurate.

At 30 doesn’t really fit the type of player we go for but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we did.

Telfer85

2 year deal ?
Yeh not a bad shout for me if we can’t get who we really want for the hamer replacement he might be good to have on a two year deal to see us through to jan/next summer when the right players become available.

See everyone saying we sold hamer three weeks ago and we’ve got no one in I understand the frustration. But for me I have no doubt we’ve been in for players that we just haven’t got over the line for whatever reason or have been beaten to key targets.

This is gonna happen, it seems a lot of champ clubs are in for the same players this summer but I’d rather us not panic and overpay for someone. I would say we have a decent mid table squad as it is and this is 5 year plan. Yes we need some bodies tomorrow but if it’s not gigantic fees or not the marquee signing we all want then I still think we will be fine. We might be able to get someone really decent in jan whose contract is running down and use the hamer money then.

Grendel

I wouldn't suggest we would have to rely on them I was merely pointing out that all of them will be in and around the squad this season . That can only be a good thing surely ?

It’s only a good thing if they are any good and not just because they are all that’s available

baldy

Yeh not a bad shout for me if we can’t get who we really want for the hamer replacement he might be good to have on a two year deal to see us through to jan/next summer when the right players become available.

See everyone saying we sold hamer three weeks ago and we’ve got no one in I understand the frustration. But for me I have no doubt we’ve been in for players that we just haven’t got over the line for whatever reason or have been beaten to key targets.

This is gonna happen, it seems a lot of champ clubs are in for the same players this summer but I’d rather us not panic and overpay for someone. I would say we have a decent mid table squad as it is and this is 5 year plan. Yes we need some bodies tomorrow but if it’s not gigantic fees or not the marquee signing we all want then I still think we will be fine. We might be able to get someone really decent in jan whose contract is running down and use the hamer money then.

Fuck midtable

Alkhen

Simms doesn’t look like he can play on his own. We need o hare back badly, without rushing him
How do you jump to that conclusion? Simms has only played in a 2 for us. Get off the lads back. You sound mental.

In fact I'd imagine the last game he played as a loan striker he scored against Chelsea.

I swear, and I mean this with kindness, you and a couple others on here should seek professional help about anxiety. It's not healthy to fret about stuff that hasn't happened yet as much as you do. It's not natural to always jump to the worst case scenario in your head. There is a full day left of the window and we are clearly making offers for players. Just relax and see what happens.

Last edited:

pipkin73

I dunno - selling highfield road before we had a ground to go to meaning we were paying big sums to rent it back was the start. As you said ITV digital going bump + the 113m noose around our neck from that point onwards was definitely the catalyst. Not the transfer fees
Sort of was, was the fee

Matt smith

Let us not all of a sudden forget the Swedish International that Brighton paid 5 million pounds for. He'll be more than capable in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah probably right just thought he’d play further up tom

TomRad85

I do agree it would be a pretty big error not to bring in another CM, I wouldn't be happy either, but we could be ok if Ayari gets up to speed and slots in there.

Matt smith

I do agree it would be a pretty big error not to bring in another CM, I wouldn't be happy either, but we could be ok if Ayari gets up to speed and slots in there.

We should be getting in another loan minimum.

very poor if we can’t get another one in

Sbarcher

Bidwell is essential to the squad, unless we bring in another defender.
1 player coming in today , hopefully it will be a dynamic midfielder.
A solid 6/7 every game it’s a yes from me.

Users who are viewing this thread