Transfer targets (16 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

£3m is the number for Cashin but they want him to return on loan for the season.

If we do it early enough this month to give Derby a chance to get someone else in perhaps £3m up front will get him without the loan as opposed to instalments based on promotion etc.

If we look at Kitchen theyve rejected £3m and this lad is wanted by Brighton quite a lot as they’ve had four bids rejected, he’s younger too so we can develop him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deity

By Alan Nixon

Barnsley are keen on a deal for young centre half Mattie Pollock at Watford for their defence.

Pollock’s name came up in talks with the Hornets asked about Callum Styles and remains on the radar.

The Oakwell club have also asked about MK Dons centre half Jack Tucker but shied away at the £400,000 price.

Both could be a replacement for Liam Kitching who is wanted by Coventry City and may be heading for the Championship.

procdoc

By Alan Nixon

Barnsley are keen on a deal for young centre half Mattie Pollock at Watford for their defence.

Pollock’s name came up in talks with the Hornets asked about Callum Styles and remains on the radar.

The Oakwell club have also asked about MK Dons centre half Jack Tucker but shied away at the £400,000 price.

Both could be a replacement for Liam Kitching who is wanted by Coventry City and may be heading for the Championship.
I could write an article saying the same thing. Nothing new there

SeaSeeEffCee

I
By Alan Nixon

Insightful as ever from Nixon.

slowpoke

Barnsley chairman has said Kitching is staying put obvious thing to say to appease the Barnsley faithful so if Kitching plays up he can say don’t blame me we had no choice but to let him go.

Barnsley

Barnsley chairman has said Kitching is staying put obvious thing to say to appease the Barnsley faithful so if Kitching plays up he can say don’t blame me we had no choice but to let him go.
He’s made a rod for his own back, every player has their price, what he should have said, is we’re not expecting anyone to meet our asking price in this window. When we sell him on 31st of August he’ll have alienated himself even more with our fan base.

fatso

If he keeps playing like he has for the past two games the Barnsley faithful won't care about letting him go.
Although we definitely need a left footed centre back, I'm not at all fussed about Kitching, but I'd love to see someone like Styles here.

with Hamer gone, O'hare still weeks away and his future unclear, Allen struggling with a heart issue and Palmer made of glass and even unavailable when he's not injured, there's definitely a place for a creative player to come in and make a name for themselves.

Hoofhearted

He’s made a rod for his own back, every player has their price, what he should have said, is we’re not expecting anyone to meet our asking price in this window. When we sell him on 31st of August he’ll have alienated himself even more with our fan base.
I did think it was a daft statement to make, I can see Williams attracting interest from clubs and I've just seen that Bristol City might be keen on Herbie Kane.
I also think if we get Styles then Bidwell will be allowed to leave.

long way home

This summer has created a bit of confusion in the market we are looking at. We have completed signings of players bigger clubs were after. We have been given overpriced values on players nobody else is after. No wonder Robins is frustrated, 2 mill for Thomas was fair, 3 mill for the lad at Barnsley is nuts.

I can see a few loans and maybe 1 perm over the next 10 days. We have to get depth in, but they must be on par or better than the best you have. Its not easy but we need that depth to improve and sustain being at the top end of the championship. COH back starting with Allen and Tavares back in 1st team squads would be very welcome sight.

Last edited:

ptr

We need another sitting midfielder. We are expecting Sheaf to do the lot at the moment. Eccles is used for cover at right back more often than not and Kelly isn’t going to start every game. If we are going to get another creative midfielder, we need another holder to give them the freedom to do so.

fatso

We need another sitting midfielder. We are expecting Sheaf to do the lot at the moment. Eccles is used for cover at right back more often than not and Kelly isn’t going to start every game. If we are going to get another creative midfielder, we need another holder to give them the freedom to do so.
What???? Eccles is improving all the time, we definitely don't need to replace him.

ptr

What???? Eccles is improving all the time, we definitely don't need to replace him.
Did I say we need to replace him? I just said he’s used for cover at right back so we need another midfielder. I think he’s a good player. Read.

fatso

Did I say we need to replace him? I just said he’s used for cover at right back so we need another midfielder. I think he’s a good player. Read.
That makes zero sense, if we need cover at right back, surely we bring in another right back.

There's literally no logic in your argument.

Users who are viewing this thread