Transfer targets (21 Viewers)

GIMOC

Any other deals close to completion?

only other name is keeper from Barnsley. in a way, hopefully most are kept under wraps.

ideally 3-4 over the line this week. worry is, longer it takes to bring in targets, likelihood they move somewhere else becomes a possibility.

agents are being difficult to work with this summer as they want players moved at pace this summer

andrew.roberts

If his wages weren't too steep I wouldn't mind Bradley Dack. I know he's had some ACL problems but could perhaps do a job when Kasey Palmer, whom I rate by the way, inevitably has to be replaced after 60 minutes

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk

steve cooper

If we're having to wait until the sale of Gyokores to build a squad for next season, we're fucked.

Relegation fight it is then.
I'm not saying you are wrong, although with over a month to go before the season even starts I find it strange that any true supporter would post that. But what amazes me is two people actually gave that post a 'like'

Greggs

only other name is keeper from Barnsley. in a way, hopefully most are kept under wraps.

ideally 3-4 over the line this week. worry is, longer it takes to bring in targets, likelihood they move somewhere else becomes a possibility.

agents are being difficult to work with this summer as they want players moved at pace this summer
makes no sense at all

Reactions: SBT

shmmeee

I'm not saying you are wrong, although with over a month to go before the season even starts I find it strange that any true supporter would post that. But what amazes me is two people actually gave that post a 'like'

But ideally you want as full a squad for as much of training as possible, no? So every signing from here on out has catching up to do. Sure there’s realities, but if you can you want the squad in and settled as of now.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Because we play in 34 days. We need 11 players at least in. To make a reasonable 20 man match day squad.

now we don’t need them all in now - but that’s a big turnover that needs to be bedded in over a full pre-season.

we’ve had managers all the way through complain because players need time to bed in - usually takes around a month.

now I think relegation battle is extreme - but for once I’d like to begin a season ready from day one and not the end of September

Greggs

because they agree?

NorthernWisdom

But ideally you want as full a squad for as much of training as possible, no? So every signing from here on out has catching up to do. Sure there’s realities, but if you can you want the squad in and settled as of now.
Yeah you do. Can justify it that we get be different targets for different budgets (the cheap ones might be happy coming in as first choice, less so as backup), but there is a danger we then miss all targets regardless if budget.

Still, something should start moving soon.

shmmeee

Do we need 11?

Wilson
CB Fadz CB
RWB Hamer Sheaf Dasilva
Allen Palmer
ST

Moore
CB CB
Burroughs Eccles Bidwell
AM
Godden ST

Maybe you could argue Burroughs, but that’s 8 for a 20 man squad on opening day. I could see an AM, ST and CB at least coming in on loan in August too. Bench would look light for a bit but I reckon we could manage on starting the season with 4 signings from where we are now.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Do we need 11?

Wilson
CB Fadz CB
RWB Hamer Sheaf Dasilva
Allen Palmer
ST

Moore
CB CB
Burroughs Eccles Bidwell
AM
Godden ST

Maybe you could argue Burroughs, but that’s 8 for a 20 man squad on opening day. I could see an AM, ST and CB at least coming in on loan in August too. Bench would look light for a bit but I reckon we could manage on starting the season with 4 signings from where we are now.
I’d make it:
5 CBs
2 Right backs
3 strikers

id ideally like Burroughs as a third choice utility player, and with O’Hare probably another 2/3 months away - you’d possibly want a short term AM

djr8369

If his wages weren't too steep I wouldn't mind Bradley Dack. I know he's had some ACL problems but could perhaps do a job when Kasey Palmer, whom I rate by the way, inevitably has to be replaced after 60 minutes

I know Robins has praised him in the past after he came off the beach and I think scored and set one up.

GIMOC

makes no sense at all

let me help you on this.

this is the last window where agents won’t be capped on commission. They will be wanting as many transfers over the line as early as possible to get more money going round. if for example the city are dithering on a player (possibly waiting on the Vik sale for example) sooner or later that player or agent will be asking what’s the hold up and in turn other teams come in for our targets.

the football circles are awash with agents causing grief even more so this transfer window. a lot of activity already. We could soon be left behind

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

let me help you on this.

this is the last window where agents won’t be capped on commission. They will be wanting as many transfers over the line as early as possible to get more money going round. if for example the city are dithering on a player (possibly waiting on the Vik sale for example) sooner or later that player or agent will be asking what’s the hold up and in turn other teams come in for our targets.

the football circles are awash with agents causing grief even more so this transfer window. a lot of activity already. We could soon be left behind

Yeah that's why we're always having to play catch up.

Greggs

let me help you on this.

I know the premise, but the way you explained it was totally contradictory. If agents were in a rush to get things sorted,deals would be sorted sooner rather than later. If they are in a hurry and a rush to get things sorted, how would explain our lack of activity?

GIMOC

I know the premise, but the way you explained it was totally contradictory. If agents were in a rush to get things sorted,deals would be sorted sooner rather than later. If they are in a hurry and a rush to get things sorted, how would explain our lack of activity?

because we haven’t got the funds ready. that’s why we are missing out.

Bertola

Cracking player. Never fit though.

Can see someone taking a gamble on him, and if they keep him fit, the rest of the league will be kicking themselves

Greggs

because we haven’t got the funds ready. that’s why we are missing out.
so you're saying 100% we've got no money until we sell Gyokores? We've known about this squad rebuild for 18 months to 2 years, no way in a million years are we that skint that we can't bring in players through wages saved by those released. Why is his deal being stalled if agents are in such a rush then?

GIMOC

so you're saying 100% we've got no money until we sell Gyokores? We've known about this squad rebuild for 18 months to 2 years, no way in a million years are we that skint that we can't bring in players through wages saved by those released. Why is his deal being stalled if agents are in such a rush then?

not saying no money but we haven’t got the vast funds needed as it stands.

not sure if you seen my post but robins is unhappy with the whole Vik situation. he wants it done to get the players he wants in. longer that saga runs, the less likely we get who we want.

Users who are viewing this thread