Transfer targets (27 Viewers)

Martin180

Didn't expect us to find ourselves back here but tbf I'd rather be bringing Kelly on in that position than Lati. Start Eccles and Torp with Kelly coming on later

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We've still got Jamie Allen as well

Mucca Mad Boys

Allen for the AM position only. At least Palmer can play wide. Would be OK with Eccles & Kelly at Norwich on Sat. Not sure I would throw Torp in from the start.
I would play Torp, I thought he had some really nice touches v Bristol in what was a difficult game for the team as a whole.

TomRad85

Torps gonna be class, he plays. If Sheaf was fit I'd even say play him with Sheaf over Eccles. Get the guy playing.

TomRad85

Zaroury to Hull on loan. Benson staying at Burnley.
Hull definitely coming out of this window stronger unfortunately. That said they seem obsessed with AMs, don't think their defense is particularly good?

Sky Blue Harry H

Hull definitely coming out of this window stronger unfortunately. That said they seem obsessed with AMs, don't think their defense is particularly good?

If they don't go up they will have shed out a lot of money, and don't get big crowds. Don't know how ffp affects them, but youd think their financial picture must be precarious.

Mucca Mad Boys

Their form over Jan was pretty poor. Their only win was against Sunderland at home.

Just like Stoke and Birmingham were tipped by SBT to have done well in the transfer market over the summer, I think Hull won’t make the playoffs this season.

TomRad85

If they don't go up they will have shed out a lot of money, and don't get big crowds. Don't know how ffp affects them, but youd think their financial picture must be precarious.
I agree, I'm not saying it's a good model but it should make them a strong challenger to us this season.

TomRad85

Their form over Jan was pretty poor. Their only win was against Sunderland at home.

Just like Stoke and Birmingham were tipped by SBT to have done well in the transfer market over the summer, I think Hull won’t make the playoffs this season.
They are far better than Stoke and Birmingham tbf

StrettoBoy

I dont know how many games Haji has been out of the US team, but this guy has 1 international cap.

He played in the world cup but not since then. I think he has a small handful of caps.

I think he and McGuire are in the next tier down of players who are looking to get in the US team and to that extent probably see each other as rivals.

Mucca Mad Boys

They are far better than Stoke and Birmingham tbf

If we revisit the pre-season threads lots of people were tipping them to do well.

My predictions for the end of the league:
- Title will go to the final day between Leeds and Leicester (probably Southampton too)
- Ipswich to finish 4th
- We’ll finish in the playoff

fernandopartridge

If we revisit the pre-season threads lots of people were tipping them to do well.

- Title will go to the final day between Leeds and Leicester (probably Southampton too)
- Ipswich to finish 4th

Southampton have got a better chance than Leeds imo, form is much better and squad is better too.

Leicester
Southampton
Leeds
Ipswich
TBC
TBC

Brighton Sky Blue

- Ipswich to finish 4th
I predicted us 8th at the start of the season and think without the depth in certain positions that’s where we’ll end up.

Astute

Again I'm not saying it's a good strategy, I've mentioned this many times before. But for the run in this season, they look strong.

Looking strong and being strong are two totally different things. Bringing in half a new team and hoping they gel straight away is a big ask. Those that have never played in the Championship before will be in for a surprise when they find out how fast the game goes. If they lose 2 or 3 games trying to integrate the new players they will be on a long, hard game of catchup.

I'd prefer to be in our position than theirs.

Yank

Even with some reinforcements, would be a dog fight to make the playoffs.

With that being said, I think we can still make a good effort with what we have now. MR is not going to get someone just for the sake of it.

Londonccfcfan

Well we have only signed Torp in this window.

Mcfadz and Ayari shipped out. Lats in midfield should be a last option.

Sheaf injured for the foreseeable.

Think we need another midfielder in....especially as our fixtures seem congested this month with potentially 2 fa cup midweek games.

Can't afford another injury anywhere really.

Hertsccfc

Well we have only signed Torp in this window.

Mcfadz and Ayari shipped out. Lats in midfield should be a last option.

Sheaf injured for the foreseeable.

Think we need another midfielder in....especially as our fixtures seem congested this month with potentially 2 fa cup midweek games.

Can't afford another injury anywhere really.
Midfield is fine although weaker with Sheaf injured. Further forward has always been the issue.

skyblue_55

For fucks sake , we’ve been linked with everyone across the globe ……., please Doug , splash some cash or get some loans in ( against our new policy ) !
We need reinforcements, but some quality, if we are to remain in the play off positions.

Users who are viewing this thread