Transfer targets (31 Viewers)

Manchester_sky_blue

Rumours on Foxes forum that both Cov and Leicester are interested in Ciaran Clark, who has been released by Newcastle.

centre half.
My Newcastle supporting mate has been saying for the last week that we are in for Clark. Didn't pay much attention to it but now hearing it from several other places as well.....

covcity4life

Cashflow forecasts are absolutely a thing in business.

It’s extremely unlikely Vik doesn’t go. We already have bids in. We can always sell below £20m if push comes to shove. But waiting means everyone knows how much you’ve got and raises their prices. It’s not risk free. Not to mention you might lose targets.

Doug should be able to front a couple of mil for a signing and be comfortable it’s coming back to him. Otherwise what’s the point of him?
Doug should spend!

Doug shouldn't increase revenue!

It wasn't a sisu thing was it? You just want to criticise owners 247

shmmeee

Doug should spend!

Doug shouldn't increase revenue!

It wasn't a sisu thing was it? You just want to criticise owners 247

Who said he shouldn’t increase revenue?

I want what I wanted under Sisu: a plan.

So far it seems to be “hope for a miracle while reducing losses”. Which was the Sisu plan.

The fact is King isn’t saying he’s doing it to cut losses, he’s saying he’s doing it so the squad can be competitive. In which case he needs to produce a competitive squad.

jackdg

My Newcastle supporting mate has been saying for the last week that we are in for Clark. Didn't pay much attention to it but now hearing it from several other places as well.....
Has family pretty locally from his time with Villa. Wouldn’t be a huge surprise if we can give him the wages he’s after.

he’s not played masses of football in the last couple of years though

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Who said he shouldn’t increase revenue?

I want what I wanted under Sisu: a plan.

So far it seems to be “hope for a miracle while reducing losses”. Which was the Sisu plan.

The fact is King isn’t saying he’s doing it to cut losses, he’s saying he’s doing it so the squad can be competitive. In which case he needs to produce a competitive squad.
King is also riding the wave we’ve had since we got to the play offs, without having anything to do with it.

in reality, so far this summer is no different to last year - we had people saying we’re definitely getting relegated…

shmmeee

King is also riding the wave we’ve had since we got to the play offs, without having anything to do with it.

in reality, so far this summer is no different to last year - we had people saying we’re definitely getting relegated…

I mean it’s all conjecture at the minute. Signings don’t usually start in anger until July. But the noises coming out the club aren’t exactly ambitious at the moment. End of the day if he hikes prices and we don’t go forwards on the pitch, people will be rightly upset.

Ccfcisparks

I mean it’s all conjecture at the minute. Signings don’t usually start in anger until July. But the noises coming out the club aren’t exactly ambitious at the moment. End of the day if he hikes prices and we don’t go forwards on the pitch, people will be rightly upset.
What noises would you consider ambitious?

Deity

The only step forwards from last year is promotion. I don’t believe that is most fans expectation.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If noises are to be heard we’re not willing to pay one of the best midfielders in the league 20k a week, which top players would expect from a side looking to be a top 6 club

there’s also the hints that we will be more active in the loan market - despite Doug saying we need our own players not loans earlier on in the year.

we may just be doom mongering but I’m sceptical about doug starting from his motives buying us

Ccfcisparks

If noises are to be heard we’re not willing to pay one of the best midfielders in the league 20k a week, which top players would expect from a side looking to be a top 6 club

there’s also the hints that we will be more active in the loan market - despite Doug saying we need our own players not loans earlier on in the year.

we may just be doom mongering but I’m sceptical about doug starting from his motives buying us
Where have you heard that about the loan market?

shmmeee

Something more than “top half, definitely not 19th”

That’s basically backwards.

I think most are willing to see last season as a bit of a one off but we should be building on it anyway. We’re about to sign an entire squad pretty much, if we’re still shopping in the same L1 market but without Gus and Vik then we’ll go backwards by two years. This has to be the summer we move to a proper Championship squad. Robins won’t be here forever, we either give him a bit more now or drop back to L1.

Marty

The only step forwards from last year is promotion. I don’t believe that is most fans expectation.

I'm not expecting promotion, but King is bumping up prices across the board and giving it the 3 play offs in 5 seasons talk. He really needs to back the squad, nothing less then top 10 will do this season. Unless he's expecting Robins to work another miracle, he needs to dip his hands in his pockets.

Deity

To the best of my knowledge King won’t decide who we buy, or what wage structure we have …. That’s for Austin and Robins. King will decide what playing budget they gave to operate with and what % of incoming transfer fees are reinvested in the squad.

Today we have been linked with a few low profile signings and already fans are blaming King for that.

Until we see the window close we won’t be able to judge whether the window has been a positive one or not but I fully expect to see a real mixture of signings:

a few loans
2-3 free transfers
2-3 lower league players with potential
3-4 proven championship players
1-2 foreign signings

IF that is the case we will feel underwhelmed at times, but until we see them play we won’t know.

shmmeee

Or 3 of the next 5 years in the play offs? Depends which parts you want to use really

Well yeah when we made it last year. I’d bloody hope so. Has there been any indication that there will be any more resources to Robins than there has been?

Balli001

Well yeah when we made it last year. I’d bloody hope so. Has there been any indication that there will be any more resources to Robins than there has been?
He has said the budget would be higher. If the corporates stop pitchforking and buy boxes we will have an even bigger one too

cooperskyblue

Yes there has. Robins said there would 100% be an uplift in budget. And he also said we finally have stability.

If Robins is positive then why shouldn't we be?

Rather than getting onto King's back now why don't we see how we shape up come August and then we can make fair informed judgements rather than negative presumptions.

shmmeee

Yes there has. Robins said there would 100% be an uplift in budget. And he also said we finally have stability.

If Robins is positive then why shouldn't we be?

Rather than getting onto King's back now why don't we see how we shape up come August and then we can make fair informed judgements rather than negative presumptions.

The post that started this all off literally said it’s all conjecture. I’ve said repeatedly Sept 1st is when to judge him.

Doesn’t mean I can’t comment until then.

RoboCCFC90

Lets play our first few games with a half full squad, good thinking.
Its unlikely that all signings will be made by the first league match, there is plenty of time to bring in signings, the league won't be completed in the first four games.

Users who are viewing this thread