Timing of joe coles signing (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

who says we haven't got a pr company ..wasps first match of the season ,and all everyone is talking about is Coventry city .. perfect timing by the club..well played

I'm surprised that it is perceived that there is a rivalry between wasps and CCFC?! Most of the crowd for both are very different and it's a different sport. I've been to both, but my season ticket will always be with the Sky Blues.

Otis

I'm surprised that it is perceived that there is a rivalry between wasps and CCFC?! Most of the crowd for both are very different and it's a different sport. I've been to both, but my season ticket will always be with the Sky Blues.

Errr.... there is a rivalry between Wasps and CCFC. We play in their stadium and pay rent to them and have an uncertain future, because they hold the trump card as to whether we can remain at the Rioch or not.

Be very surprising not to have any rivalry.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just my opinion but I'd wager that a lot of Wasps attendees have been to a CCFC game over the last 3 or 4 years

I look at it slightly differently, our club (or owners) tried to play smart and get the stadium on the cheap by distressing it, through withholding rent when they could have previously bought into it at a preferential rate. This in turn opened the door for wasps to walk in and buy it at a discounted figure, if the club wanted to have invested they could have owned it without anyone else getting a look in (do you remember the option that disappeared with liquidation?) and we cannot blame wasps for buying it when given the opportunity. When it comes to sports fans going to sport, wasps/CCFC should be seen as a potential 'and' rather than the tyranny of the 'OR'. We can have both in the city, it is a shame that we CCFC don't own the stadium but at the same time the club/owners only have themselves to blame!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Errr.... there is a rivalry between Wasps and CCFC. We play in their stadium and pay rent to them and have an uncertain future, because they hold the trump card as to whether we can remain at the Rioch or not.

Be very surprising not to have any rivalry.

So when are we playing them?
I know a few season ticket holders that watch the Wasps why would they watch their rivals?
We now have proper Derby's as part of greater Birmingham.
So next season when we are promoted and the Vile are religated we can start Singing Shit on the Villa and get away with it.
PUSB

Grendel

I look at it slightly differently, our club (or owners) tried to play smart and get the stadium on the cheap by distressing it, through withholding rent when they could have previously bought into it at a preferential rate. This in turn opened the door for wasps to walk in and buy it at a discounted figure, if the club wanted to have invested they could have owned it without anyone else getting a look in (do you remember the option that disappeared with liquidation?) and we cannot blame wasps for buying it when given the opportunity. When it comes to sports fans going to sport, wasps/CCFC should be seen as a potential 'and' rather than the tyranny of the 'OR'. We can have both in the city, it is a shame that we CCFC don't own the stadium but at the same time the club/owners only have themselves to blame!

So if sisu purchased a distressed business you'd applied them for excellent business acumen?

Read back what you've posted. You say a Mayfair Hedge fund should have paid a premium for ownership despite having a local sports club but a Maltese hedge fund is fine and dandy to buy it in the cheap and move a sports 90 miles north.

I assume if sisu moved the club 90 miles you'd be fine with it if it resulted in purchasing a stadium cheaply as its distressed?

I think the term I'm looking for is that is that attending wasps and the sky blues is not mutually exclusive. You can do/have both and it won't be to the detriment of either of them. I've been to the city on a Saturday and gone back on the Sunday to watch them play against the Tigers I think. I'd rather that wasps were the tenant though

Grendel - sisu generally buy distressed business and through legal means reduce their debt to make a profit, CCFC got into bed with the devil along time ago. I didn't get into the rights or wrongs of moving a sports club by its owners, that is mis quoting me.

Grendel

Grendel - sisu generally buy distressed business and through legal means reduce their debt to make a profit, CCFC got into bed with the devil along time ago. I didn't get into the rights or wrongs of moving a sports club by its owners, that is mis quoting me.

Wasps hdings purchase distressed business don't they?

If you attend a wasps game you endorse franchising surely?

I just said the club/owners could have chosen to invest, they didn't, they took another route and it failed. We now don't own the stadium because of this and cannot blame wasps for this. It's a shame for southern wasps fans and for us

I'm disappointed that we don't own the stadium and every time I buy a pint more money goes to wasps than it does to the sky blues and that one day the seats will be yellow and black but the club have themselves to blame for that.

Grendel

Don,t worry grendel is the master of mis-quotes and nonfactual comments

No what I say is factual - it just makes uncomfortable reading for people like you.

Are you against franchising and buying distressed businesses on the cheap?

Popping along to a wasps game this season?

I'd love to buy a distressed business on the cheap, turn it around, keep people in work and make a fortune doing it... however, to deliberately distress that business, that were part owned by a charity set up to benefit the community, would be morally reprehensible.

letsallsingtogether

No what I say is factual - it just makes uncomfortable reading for people like you.

Nothing wrong with franchising I like to have a Mcdonalds breakfast on the odd occasion, doesn't mean I go to Wasps games.
So you hate all those Wasps fans who now have to travel to another City to watch their team.
Funny you saw no fault in it when it was us you are just a hypocrite.

letsallsingtogether

Including to those that can not/will not see, yes.
Ha ha look the bloke can't even follow his own convictions.
Sorry but can't take someone like that seriously.
You carry on.

Grendel

I'd love to buy a distressed business on the cheap, turn it around, keep people in work and make a fortune doing it... however, to deliberately distress that business, that were part owned by a charity set up to benefit the community, would be morally reprehensible.

I see.

So you applaud business that distress charities as long as they are not in the local community.

Fascinating.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the term I'm looking for is that is that attending wasps and the sky blues is not mutually exclusive. You can do/have both and it won't be to the detriment of either of them. I've been to the city on a Saturday and gone back on the Sunday to watch them play against the Tigers I think. I'd rather that wasps were the tenant though

Not everyone can afford both though, Wasps and CCFC will both be competing for the same peoples money in some cases.

cloughie

Absolute more unfactual rubbish from you the franchise Northampton supporter,

'Oh I want to support my team where ever they are'

Parafraised from a grendel post of that time

And no grendel will go to a wasps game before me

Users who are viewing this thread