Time for SP to go.. (1 Viewer)

I had noticed a while ago that even the songs for him to give us a wave had stopped..today a brief rendition of happy birthday and then a lot of stick after the second goal. His ( and the teams) applause for the fans at the end was half hearted. No eye contact. Distance between him and fans growing...never ends well..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CCFC89

It wouldn't be a knee jerk decision to sack him I'm afraid, he's a nice guy don't get me wrong but I never thought he was good enough for the job and today has just confirmed it and enough is enough. Today was certainly the lowest of the low and I just can't see how personally Pressley can turn this round. The big question is who earth would want the job!? Possible candidates and realistic Kevin MacDonald, Kevin Wilkin & Gary Megson, they may not sound exciting but while Sisu are in charge these are probably the best we can come up with.

tuousis

It wouldn't be a knee jerk decision to sack him I'm afraid, he's a nice guy don't get me wrong but I never thought he was good enough for the job and today has just confirmed it and enough is enough. Today was certainly the lowest of the low and I just can't see how personally Pressley can turn this round. The big question is who earth would want the job!? Possible candidates and realistic Kevin MacDonald, Kevin Wilkin & Gary Megson, they may not sound exciting but while Sisu are in charge these are probably the best we can come up with.
Give Fisher a go, he seems to know everything,and after a few weeks he could even resign.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd be looking at an ambitious number 2, someone like Billy Mckinlay who was let go by Watford the other week or Gary Holt who is number 2 at Norwich (He took over at Falkirk after Pressley left and done a much better job then Pressley)

logjoe

In his defence, losing Callum Wilson has really, really hit us hard. I also like the way he has promoted youth and how they are getting their chances.

He does seem very stubborn though and also seems most reluctant to change a system that clearly isn't working at the moment.

He does also appear to be at different games to us at times, judging by his post match interviews.

Don't think anyone is happy with him at the moment, but I am not convinced that sacking him is the right answer.

Seems all a bit knee jerk. I am very much in the camp of last season's players (Wilson, Moussa, Baker, Murphy) being better than what we have now.

Can't just blame Pressley.

And i think he has been forced to get rid of these players by waggot and co

letsallsingtogether

Funny how people are now asking for Presley's head.....

At the beginning of the season when we were bringing in these players people were singing their praises. I had to admit I hadn't heard of any of them bar Jackson and Tudguy one is ok.

Funny it is these players that have now caused him this problem, when you shop in Poundland you get what you pay for.

People were slagging off Baker sorry but he is head and shoulders above any of them out there now, he had to go because he was more TJ Hughes then poundland.

Evo1883

At the beginning of the season when we were bringing in these players people were singing their praises. I had to admit I hadn't heard of any of them bar Jackson and Tudguy one is ok.

Funny it is these players that have now caused him this problem, when you shop in Poundland you get what you pay for.

People were slagging off Baker sorry but he is head and shoulders above any of them out there now, he had to go because he was more TJ Hughes then poundland.
Why do coventry fans have a false view on the abilities of a player just because he communicates with them on facebook , thats the funnier thing .. 1 good season in 4 its that simple

letsallsingtogether

Funny thing is some people were saying yes good deal getting rid of Callum as he was a one season wonder.

Fucking Idiots.
In his defence, losing Callum Wilson has really, really hit us hard. I also like the way he has promoted youth and how they are getting their chances.

He does seem very stubborn though and also seems most reluctant to change a system that clearly isn't working at the moment.

He does also appear to be at different games to us at times, judging by his post match interviews.

Don't think anyone is happy with him at the moment, but I am not convinced that sacking him is the right answer.

Seems all a bit knee jerk. I am very much in the camp of last season's players (Wilson, Moussa, Baker, Murphy) being better than what we have now.

Can't just blame Pressley.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What is the relevance that you hadn't heard of any of them? It just displays your lack of knowledge.

Half the teams in this division would trade there limbs to have our budget so its nothing to do with that. If we're shopping in poundland then most of our rival aren't even shopping, there beggars out on the street scrounging the bins.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why do coventry fans have a false view on the abilities of a player just because he communicates with them on facebook , thats the funnier thing .. 1 good season in 4 its that simple

Baker's nothing more than a decent L1 player, no way worth the wage he was on. But there's no denying he would improve the current team.

Evo1883

Baker's nothing more than a decent L1 player, no way worth the wage he was on. But there's no denying he would improve the current team.[/QUOTE

Personally think obrien is a better player , i wouldnt swap him for baker ...i dound myself saying too many times and so did many that have short memories ...baker was awful today .
i would have him on the right if obrien played central with fleck in a 442 , but if i had to choose i would have obrien over baker

SkyBlue_Bear83

Baker's nothing more than a decent L1 player, no way worth the wage he was on. But there's no denying he would improve the current team.

Personally think obrien is a better player , i wouldnt swap him for baker ...i dound myself saying too many times and so did many that have short memories ...baker was awful today .
i would have him on the right if obrien played central with fleck in a 442 , but if i had to choose i would have obrien over baker

I think overall game O'Brien probably is a better player too but he doesn't look capable of providing the assists and goals Baker did over his last two seasons. At least not in the current system anyway.

Evo1883

I think overall game O'Brien probably is a better player too but he doesn't look capable of providing the assists and goals Baker did over his last two seasons. At least not in the current system anyway.
I think obrien would have flourished in the city attacking side of last season , we just needed reda johnson and pugh and we might not have conceded so many

letsallsingtogether

What is the relevance that you hadn't heard of any of them? It just displays your lack of knowledge.

Half the teams in this division would trade there limbs to have our budget so its nothing to do with that. If we're shopping in poundland then most of our rival aren't even shopping, there beggars out on the street scrounging the bins.

Fuckin hell my lack of knowledge so go on fill us all in how much is our playing budget?

Oh and how much have we spent.
We sell Callum to a "bigger Club" Bournemouth FFS and in return they gave us two players on loan was that a good deal for a club with a big budget.....

And look at the shit they gave us, must have seen us coming I bet they are still laughing.

letsallsingtogether

Baker's nothing more than a decent L1 player, no way worth the wage he was on. But there's no denying he would improve the current team.[/QUOTE

Funny people go on about how other clubs want our spending power and then say well baker was over paid we couldn't afford him?
He was asked to take a pay cut which he did then they shat on him.... So I suppose that was ok as well.

Evo1883

Funny people go on about how other clubs want our spending power and then say well baker was over paid we couldn't afford him?
He was asked to take a pay cut which he did then they shat on him.... So I suppose that was ok as well.
I dont know what to say to you , do i believe he was treated good ...not really , is it wrong ...yes .
But i still didnt rate him that highly as a player , im sorry

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fuckin hell my lack of knowledge so go on fill us all in how much is our playing budget?

Oh and how much have we spent.
We sell Callum to a "bigger Club" Bournemouth FFS and in return they gave us two players on loan was that a good deal for a club with a big budget.....

And look at the shit they gave us, must have seen us coming I bet they are still laughing.

I was referring to your lack of knowledge on our incoming players, you said you had only heard of Tudgay and Jackson. You'd never heard of Pugh, Nouble, Mcquoid, O'Brien, Johnson, Miller before then? Your lack of knowledge on the incoming players was irrelevant.

Fisher and Waggot have openly said the last week our budget is around 2.7 million.

In terms of transfer fee's we've spent nothing which probably makes us the same as 75% of other clubs in the division.

It's a cop out to palm off the managers inadequacy by saying he hasn't had enough to spend.

mighty quinn

They sold players not because of them not being good enough but because of their wages.can't help thinking if you but baker moosa and wilson in the current side we would surely be top 3

letsallsingtogether

They sold players not because of them not being good enough but because of their wages.can't help thinking if you but baker moosa and wilson in the current side we would surely be top 3

No people say that they weren't good enough???
Moose, Baker and Wilson have all been slagged off on here by posters in certain threads.:mad:

Sorry but it is Utter Bollox we must now have the worst squad since I started watching in the late 60's Official not just My opinion.:mad:

People also moan about our formation yes it is shit but I am worried that if we do go to 4-4-2 who will bang in the goals, because we will let a shed load in. IMO.:(

Sorry but I have no idea what we can do with this current crop of players bar keep your fingers crossed and hope some how they start to click or we are in deep shit.:(

Yet our current squad is filled with so called players I should have heard off due to their immense skill and every other team would have killed to have them....

Don't you just love being a City Fan...:)

Otis

Gary Megson?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr T - Sukka!

Its a results busniess, and currently not good enough.

I personally like SP buy it looks like he has lost the dressing room.

So what if you have 1 or 2 players out. If anything this is a show us what you are made of type moments, against the bottom club.

He plays 3 at the back when we leak goals? WTF? And continues with it.

I can pinpoint the time when it went wrong for SP and its when he said the squad is better this year than last season.

Jackson better than Wilson?
Nouble better than Clarke?
O'Brien better than Moussa?
Coulibaly better than Baker?

For the first time due to the comments that we are better this year has changed my opinion on him. I guess im not alone on this.

Astute

Yes we are after the same free players that the other clubs are after. Our problem was that we watched players go to other clubs before we joined in. This left mainly players other clubs didn't want. And most of our loan players are poor. We need a decent GK ASAP. Excuses were made for not offering Murphy a reduced contract well before his old contract was up. This move has cost us points this season. Allsop is poor at best. He is s shot stopper and nothing else.

Brighton Sky Blue

Allsop thinks he's Manuel Neuer when he's trying to side step strikers. More than one time yesterday he was nearly tackled. However got to ask why we are letting someone else's young keeper learn his trade with us when we have our own one sat on the bench? In either case a veteran keeper like Murphy has been as big a loss as Wilson but Steven 'It'll be alright on the night' Pressley is trying to masquerade this group of players as better than last year.

A Thorn-esque appraisal if ever there was one. But they were good enough to win yesterday-when they looked bothered they were all over Crewe. And that is the issue I think, an even bigger one than the missing players. He can't motivate his team to try for 90 minutes.

FRY-CCFC

It really feels like it did with thorn when we first came down. Unless we change formation, it will stay the same.

We have a good squad capable of promotion despite what some on here say and if utilised correctly by a manager with a strong philosophy rather than copying van gaal and mourinho, then we'd do well.

Ps. If anyone says something about Bournemouth signing wilson and how it's ridiculous because they're a "small" club again, I'm gonna glass them.

skybluebeduff

Lose against Bristol next Saturday and we'll no doubt be in relegation, who actually thought that was possible when the season started?

letsallsingtogether

Mr T - Sukka!;793570 I can pinpoint the time when it went wrong for SP and its when he said the squad is better this year than last season. Jackson better than Wilson? Nouble better than Clarke? O'Brien better than Moussa? Coulibaly better than Baker? For the first time due to the comments that we are better this year has changed my opinion on him. I guess im not alone on this.[/QUOTE said:
Half the posters on here agree with him they keep telling me that these players are better then last year and then proceed to explain it in bullshit.

they proceed with Bakers On too much money overrated... but wonder if any of our midfielders will get his goals or assists this year

Coulibaly people ranted and raved about him. FFS he is 26 and has scored less goals in his whole career then Baker got last season....

Hobo

Half the posters on here agree with him they keep telling me that these players are better then last year and then proceed to explain it in bullshit.

they proceed with Bakers On too much money overrated... but wonder if any of our midfielders will get his goals or assists this year

Coulibaly people ranted and raved about him. FFS he is 26 and has scored less goals in his whole career then Baker got last season....

Despite defending SP and our young players I agree we are not better than last year

add Allsop - Murphy to that list.

i don't necessarily blame SP entirely though for the decline in standards.

shmmeee

I do think we're better apart from two key areas: Up front and in goal.

Unfortunately, losing those two are a killer blow. We seem to have nothing up front when I've seen us and a poor goalie spreads uncertainty throughout the team.

If Nouble really has decided he's had enough of us and McQuoid and Alsop go back in January we could be in real trouble. I'm none too confident in Pressley's ability to pick up a striker or there being a decent quality keeper that we can afford.

ccfc1234

I do think we're better apart from two key areas: Up front and in goal.

Unfortunately, losing those two are a killer blow. We seem to have nothing up front when I've seen us and a poor goalie spreads uncertainty throughout the team.

If Nouble really has decided he's had enough of us and McQuoid and Alsop go back in January we could be in real trouble. I'm none too confident in Pressley's ability to pick up a striker or there being a decent quality keeper that we can afford.

We could not get much worse than Alsop in goal to be fair. And McQuiod is not amazing at all. Nouble is a huge concern however.
Agree tho SP cant buy good players and we would no doubt end up with worse up front than we have and thats worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread