Ticket Chaos ??? (1 Viewer)

Not wishing to dampen the euphoria that is evident at the moment but I am a tad concerned as to whether CCFC can actually deliver 20,000+ plus match and season tickets plus 2,000 ish car park tickets in less than a fortnight.

Based on previous seasons performances spread over several summer weeks chaos sometimes reigned causing fans major grief and despair.

Let's hope the "system" is robust and there are enough bodies behind counters and telephones to ensure minimum disruption.

torchomatic

My thoughts exactly. I reckon they should have gone for the Yeovil game which is on the 13th or something like that. It would have given them more time. However, if they've known for a few days then hopefully a plan is in place.

As long as people realise that there will be chaos and demand and not whinge then we should be OK.

Hercules

Not wishing to dampen the euphoria that is evident at the moment but I am a tad concerned as to whether CCFC can actually deliver 20,000+ plus match and season tickets plus 2,000 ish car park tickets in less than a fortnight.

Based on previous seasons performances spread over several summer weeks chaos sometimes reigned causing fans major grief and despair.

Let's hope the "system" is robust and there are enough bodies behind counters and telephones to ensure minimum disruption.

'Think they should skip the STs until the next game and just concentrate on getting paper tickets out.

hill83

Not whinge

robot-face-o.gif

wince

can some of you never stop moaning
There will be people going on the 5th some for the first time. some for the first time in ages , if they mess up , a lot of them wont be back, whats the point of waiting till Saturday morning ,then moaning about it ,when if its discussed before hand , they have a chance to get it right

stupot07

They can do it for big FA cup ties which usually only have 2 weeks or so notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

My thoughts exactly. I reckon they should have gone for the Yeovil game which is on the 13th or something like that. It would have given them more time. However, if they've known for a few days then hopefully a plan is in place.

As long as people realise that there will be chaos and demand and not whinge then we should be OK.

Why would you play any longer at "shitfields" then even SISU want too?

How about opening the gates and giving everyone free entry for the Gillingham game to reduce the workload on the ticket office? :pointlaugh:

Samo

Really doubt there will be 20k for first game back. More likely 14k with being on sky

I'm not so sure. This is one of those games that people will want to be able to say 'I was there', like the last game at HR. I reckon it will be big despite Sky.

ajsccfc

They could do match tickets and then have the season tickets (price-adjusted) available later on.

Spagbol

It will be a BIG gate. 26k plus. I will be very surprised if it's under 20k. I agree they should leave season tickets for another week. I know where me and the family want to sit, but can't get my ticket till the 1st so guess my old seats will be gone by then. Can't wait :claping hands:

Malaka

I went to the ticket office yesterday, season tickets are still valid and you will have a paper insert identifying your seat. Season ticket holders will get a phone call to go and chose your seats. Current season ticket holders get first dibs in the stadium. I have a season ticket x 3 but I agree that previous season ticket holders should have preference on their old seats, especially those with the names on them.

fernandopartridge

There will be people going on the 5th some for the first time. some for the first time in ages , if they mess up , a lot of them wont be back, whats the point of waiting till Saturday morning ,then moaning about it ,when if its discussed before hand , they have a chance to get it right
I would ring the club if I were you. They could obviously do with an expert of your calibre

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

torchomatic

I presume they will keep those seats "locked" until the dust has settled. Hopefully, I can get back the seats we've had at the Ricoh since 2005.

Can't see why there's an issue with those damned Sixfielders though to be honest. Chances are those who has an ST at Sixfields had one at the Ricoh - like me. We will just choose our old seats.

I thought the bashing would stop now.

If they're genuinely giving Sixfielders free choice that's not on. Should at least hold peoples seats from the last season at the Ricoh.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I presume they will keep those seats "locked" until the dust has settled. Hopefully, I can get back the seats we've had at the Ricoh since 2005.

Can't see why there's an issue with those damned Sixfielders though to be honest.

Not about them, but they need to be careful not to disadvantage people for not going as well. Only Sisu are to blame for us going to Sixfields, how people reacted shouldn't affect their status in the eyes of the club.

Of course Sixfielders should get first dibs on free seats, but if someone had a seat pre-Sixfields, they should be able to get it back. It's not like there's a shortage of free seats is it?

malkitccfc

Had a call from the club shop again this morning. Arranged a callback with me for Wednesday next week to discuss the pricing for season tickets but didn't have any information as to the pricing structure.

Terry Gibson's perm

The people in the ticket office should be well rested they have been doing next to nothing since the move away maybe they could work an extra few hours to make up for it!

SkyBlueSid

I was in the middle of block 20 on the half way line.
I want those seats again after having them for many years.
I have football friends all around there and I'm looking forward to watching the matches with them.
Hopefully it will not be first come first serve.

Agree totally. We have decided that if we can get our old seats in Block 19, or very close to them, we shall have season tickets. Surely they can see it makes sense to do this.

If they don't allow people to do this, we shall just buy tickets for Gillingham and cherry-pick our games for the rest of the season. Imagine that after having had a season ticket from 1967 to 2013, never thought it possible.

There is no reason why they can't give people their old seats back as less than a quarter of the stadium was taken up by season tickets. Come on, City, surprise us and do this properly!

Ashdown

I really don't give a shit which seats we're allocated for this match as long as they are Sky Blue and in CV6 !!

aloisiwouldhavescored

Totally agree, had the same seat at Highfield Road and then the ricoh for many years and would like to get our old seats back, especially as we were PSL holders too!

Hope they think that we deserve some loyalty too, for supporting them for nearly 50 years. PUSB.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Sorry, that should have read, I agree with italiahorse and SkyBlueSid.

Users who are viewing this thread