Things that annoy you (19 Viewers)

Otis

The contestant clearly knew that answer and the 'percussion' was delivered with absolute confidence and certainty.

R

RB1992

People on TV quiz shows, who know the answer but then do this ....

(this exact thing happened yesterday on some tinpot quiz show)

Q: What section of the orchestra does the glockenspiel belong too?

A: Well, I don't think it's strings and it's not brass and I don't think it's woodwind. The answer is percussion.

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

A lot of the time on quiz shows contestants get told to give a brief explanation for their answer. For example, on The Chase, at the part where they are working the board 1v1 against the chaser, the contestants are told to elaborate on their answer when questioned by Bradley Walsh. Same goes for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire back in the day.

Source: Know people who were on both.

Otis

A lot of the time on quiz shows contestants get told to give a brief explanation for their answer. For example, on The Chase, at the part where they are working the board 1v1 against the chaser, the contestants are told to elaborate on their answer when questioned by Bradley Walsh. Same goes for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire back in the day.

Source: Know people who were on both.
Yep, get that and I know that goes on. Yesterday however this one bloke was the only one doing it. Three contestants and he was the only one.

Maybe the other two were too thick to elaborate on their answers.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Dropping my bowl of soup in the office yesterday and spending 15 minutes trying to clean it up, whilst having dozens of eyes just staring at me for its entirety.

Followed by today everytime I leave my desk carrying ANYTHING person after person quipping up "don't drop it!" And then when I do a 'mock' drop in their direction getting the response "woahh what you doing that for!"

Nick

Administrator
When there is roadworks but they also have them on the alternative routes.
People who don't know when it's a good time to let people out of junctions, ie when the lights turn green they sit there and let everybody out and don't actually move.

NorthernWisdom

Public transport.

Got to get to Berkswell station by half five. Naturally, living in Coventry, it'd seem not entirely unreasonable to get there by public transport.

From where I live, however, if I want to be there by half five (if I wanted just after I'd be fine) I have to leave my house at... half three.

Otis

Collectors. People who fervently collect things like stamps, or coins, or, teddies, or dried leaves.

All very sad.

Otis

Though in saying that I do myself collect tickets for parking from car parks. Have quite a collection.

My first one is from 1998 and my pride and joy. Have about 35,000 now.

Otis

Though in saying that I do myself collect tickets for parking from car parks. Have quite a collection.

My first one is from 1998 and my pride and joy. Have about 35,000 now.
Here's the beauty.

33245dcbbcf135410bb3d2f443eb1857.jpg

Otis

why were you getting a ticket at 2am?

Dogging?
I will need to cast my mind back .....

Just checked my records and looking at the entry for that day I went to the market to get a new watch strap and a lemon.

Otis

I knew some were coached, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Might try that ploy in Wilko's tomorrow. Approach an assistant on the gardening section.

'Excuse me, I don't want a spade and I don't want a fork and I don't want a pruner.'

'Errm, okay.'

'I don't want a hoe and I don't want shears.'

'Errm. right. So what is it you ARE looking for?'

'Hang on, I haven't finished yet. I don't want a tree loper and I don't want anything to trim the hedge. I don't want a hand trowel or a weeding tool. I don't want any pots or rakes. What I want is a lawn mower.'

So bloody annoying. Grrrrrrrrr.

Otis

Piss.

Went to town on Tuesday and the machine had gone nuts. Giving everyone the above ticket, 1st Jan 98. Times were all way out too.

Can only guess that it defaulted to when the machines were first installed.

Otis

Drivers who don't defrost their whole screen and think it's acceptable to drive with a little envelope like window to look out of!

Most think window wipers are going to demist the screen too. IT ISNT
I don't do envelopes. I usually make my little window in a penis shape, knowing that at some point during my journey that someone is going to shout dick or nob at me.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sky putting Christmas films like elf, the polar express and Disneys Christmas carol on box office now
But in August they'll be on for free

Johnnythespider

2 things today, people who cross the road about 20 yards from a crossing and expect you to stop for them to amble across and secondly the trampy bloke I've just seen curling one out in front of somebody's house and wiping his arse with an old newspaper. Watch your step if you are walking near the co-op on the Ansty Rd

oakey

Pedestrians crossing roads is one thing.
The people who annoy me are those who wander in car parks and seem oblivious to the fact that the CARS have right of way unless you are on a genuine pathway. Everywhere else is 'road' which you only walk on if there are no cars coming. Today in Solihull I was leaving the M & S car park in which you have to do a sharp turn near the doorway to the shops. A shopper came right out and continued across the gap despite this being the 'roadway'. Obviously I was expected to stop half way round the turn.

Pipehitterz

2 things today, people who cross the road about 20 yards from a crossing and expect you to stop for them to amble across and secondly the trampy bloke I've just seen curling one out in front of somebody's house and wiping his arse with an old newspaper. Watch your step if you are walking near the co-op on the Ansty Rd
fucking hell i was there earlier with the kids
i would have kicked his fucking head in if i'd seen that

Users who are viewing this thread